When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • Americans are complaining about paying $5 dollars a gallon , we’re now paying around £2 a litre which equates to around $11.2 per gallon.

• If you take off the eye-watering duty and tax, then we'd be paying about the same as the Yanks.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

• I do think we should lower the tax rate as a temporary measure. Ultimately, it will have to go back on of course to drive people away from using petrol and diesel cars.

• I agree especially with the impending Rail Strike , the cost of fuel is also pushing up the price of everything all goods we need have to be delivered one way or another

• Glad I run a frugal car: 1.1L 3cylinder engine. Driving smoothly and anticipating holdups all help.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

• £1.86 a litre at my local garage.

They’re taking us for fools.

Who is? Supply and demand is what is putting prices up.

What I cannot understand is why Saudi Arabia is not taking the slack. Maybe they are the ones taking advantage, sitting back and just enjoying the extra revenue.

• And now the price of used vehicles has risen by 40%. Folk want to hold onto their petrol and diesel vehicles. Apparently Range Rover are calling up customers who purchased a brand new vehicle a couple of years ago and are offering them a third of the price more than what they paid for it new. It's being blamed on the production of micro chips and supply lines due to COVID but there's a smell of pushing everyone more towards electric or using public transport about all this including the rise in fuel prices. I can't see fuel prices ever going down in price again until everyone has converted to electric and in the meantime with all the profits made the oil companies can afford to make the switch over to generating electric rather than oil. Maybe invest in offshore wind farms instead of oil rigs.

• Who is? Supply and demand is what is putting prices up.

What I cannot understand is why Saudi Arabia is not taking the slack. Maybe they are the ones taking advantage, sitting back and just enjoying the extra revenue.

Agreed , there doesn’t seem any pressure on Saudi Arabia to increase production, a measure that would certainly ease the situation

• Who is? Supply and demand is what is putting prices up.

Our own government could do more though with fuel duty and VAT for a start.

• They will probably do that, but the government is concerned about whether the petrol stations are passing the tax reductions on. They are investigating that from today.

• Just put £30 worth in the tank this morning at £1.86.9 as it was below the 1/4 mark. Six months ago it would have virtually been slopping out of the filler, now barely 2/3 tank showing. At least I got double Nectar points on it.

4312-gwban-gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!