Margaret Thatcher

Please treat other members in a constructive manner and abide by our Forum Rules at all times.
  • Left-wing zealots have often been prepared to ride roughshod over due process and basic considerations of fairness when they think they can get away with it. For them the ends always seems to justify the means. That is precisely how their predecessors came to create the gulag. Quote from M Thatcher , What would she think of Johnson & his freak show cabinet?

• Left Wing zealots have always been a thorn in the flesh of sensible , moral and decent governments. They want to see the UK fail so that they can install a Marxist dictatorship. Mrs Thatcher would never have allowed this to happen during her term in office. She would not have considered Johnston to be a proper Conservative.

• There is a lot to thank Margaret Thatcher for and just as many things that with the benefit of hindsight she should have left well alone. Overall a mixed bag looking back but it would be difficult to see the downsides at the time. The curse of unintended consequences and lack of vision now seem to be reasonable criticisms of her but having said that I liked her at the time, not so much now.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• I met her in Westminster Hall long after she retired from Politics tiny woman a little stooped but her eyes showed the fire had not gone out , and still had a firm grip on her handbag :)

• No they have gone slightly to the left which Tory supporters are not happy with to say the least, Maggie quite rightly despised them as I lived through those dreadful years so do I and still do.

• Perhaps you deliberately miss my point?

The Johnson government is behaving in the same way as the left wing zealots Maggie clearly despised

Maggie would have regarded remainers as being ‘wets’.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• Perhaps you deliberately miss my point?

The Johnson government is behaving in the same way as the left wing zealots Maggie clearly despised

Boris is a lefty so no surprise really.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• No they have gone slightly to the left which Tory supporters are not happy with to say the least, Maggie quite rightly despised them as I lived through those dreadful years so do I and still do.

They haven’t gone left they’ve gone wrong.

£3 million from Russian donors , billions wasted on track & trace , rubbish PPE & yet you people still believe in the cult of Boris

• If you say so who am I to argue I bow to your inside knowledge on the Government that few are able to access, I know nothing seen nothing done nothing, experienced nothing, I have had my eyes shut for over three score and ten , and my fingers in my ears :rolleyes:

• You serious?

Boris is a liberal Centrist leaning to the left. He is in no way a true conservative. At the moment he is the best we have, so although not being everybody's cup of tea we should support our government against all the other countries who are trying to trying to disadvantage us.. The biggest threat to the UK though is the "Enemy Within", Marxists and Wokerati.

• If you say so who am I to argue I bow to your inside knowledge on the Government that few are able to access, I know nothing seen nothing done nothing, experienced nothing, I have had my eyes shut for over three score and ten , and my fingers in my ears :rolleyes:

Clearly you do have your eyes covered & your fingers in your ears or perhaps you get your knowledge from GB news or the Daily Express?

• Boris is a liberal Centrist leaning to the left. He is in no way a true conservative. At the moment he is the best we have, so although not being everybody's cup of tea we should support our government against all the other countries who are trying to trying to disadvantage us.. The biggest threat to the UK though is the "Enemy Within", Marxists and Wokerati.

The biggest threat to the British way of life are people who believe in the corrupt & incompetent government of Johnson

• The biggest threat to the British way of life are people who believe in the corrupt & incompetent government of Johnson

I disagree ---- The only people who would believe that would be those who get their propaganda fix from reading L/W Gutter press like the Guardian the Mirror and the Star.

• Boris is a liberal Centrist leaning to the left. He is in no way a true conservative. At the moment he is the best we have, so although not being everybody's cup of tea we should support our government against all the other countries who are trying to trying to disadvantage us.. The biggest threat to the UK though is the "Enemy Within", Marxists and Wokerati.

Sorry but I disagree with that. Boris is a populist. He goes whichever way the wind is blowing and with what he thinks will win him votes.

On the one hand he backs a left-wing policy such as the windfall tax and then on the other, he’s wanting to send migrants to Rwanda and threatening to break up the NI protocol, both hard right policies.

One thing he certainly isn’t is liberal centrist leaning to the left. He’s a right-wing libertarian in my mind.

• Johnson is a populist , he promises a lot & delivers very little.

He tells people what they want to hear , not what they need to know.

He got Brexit done and he delivered a vaccine before any other leader to avoid future Covid restrictions. He has earned the praise of the Ukrainians for being the most effective western leader in delivering the weapons he needs to repel Russia. He is taking on the EU over their excessively bureaucratic implementation of the NI Protocol. He now has a huge manifesto to fulfil, which I am confident he will achieve. He has identified the money required to improve care services and he is looking to bring care and the NHS together.

Ineffective? I don’t think so.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!