Forces TV closing entirely?

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • It wasn't clear whether Forces TV would continue on Freeview when COM7 closes, or move to a permanent multiplex.

This tweet however is worded in such a way it sounds like Forces TV is closing entirely and won't be on any TV platform.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I'm a little bit late to Forces TV as until recently I was busy with other matters, but having seen this channel a few times in recent weeks, I rather like it!

It's like a Americcan version of UK Gold with great old shows on it like Chips and I've really enjoyed it, so I would be sad to see it go. I suppose the flip side to that is, the channel was meant to be about the military and not old American shows, so it has strayed somewhat off its remit.

• I'm a little bit late to Forces TV as until recently I was busy with other matters, but having seen this channel a few times in recent weeks, I rather like it!

It's like a Americcan version of UK Gold with great old shows on it like Chips and I've really enjoyed it, so I would be sad to see it go. I suppose the flip side to that is, the channel was meant to be about the military and not old American shows, so it has strayed somewhat off its remit.

Same. Though I'd stored up Blake's 7, recently started watching it, and am now planning on binging it as I don't know how long the recordings will be accessible on my PVR. Typically 3 months when a channel leaves VM, but it varies.

• Hopefully these shows will appear on the multitude of streamers now existing or about to exist, because they are really good.

• Hopefully these shows will appear on the multitude of streamers now existing or about to exist, because they are really good.

I'd imagine those shows will naturally redistribute between rival channels first. So Great! TV, Talking Pictures TV, That's TV and maybe CBS Justice...though there's was a rumour about that yesterday related to a Horror Channel brand spinoff.

Some might end up in the Britbox area of ITVX when it launches. TPTV has an on-demand website now and Great! talked about on-demand when they initially rebranded (and fell silent). CBS has CBS Catch-up Channels UK app.

I imagine that they weren't doing very well with their original programme line up, saw the success of Talking Pictures and thought they'd try out copying their business model of showing retro programming.

Either this still hasn't made the channel profitable, or the lack of availability of a Freeview slot at an affordable price after the closure of Com 7 meant that the loss of Freeview eyeballs made the channel unsustainable.

If the latter, you'd think that they might have tried out the broadcasting via IPTV on Freeview route.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!