CBS channels change on all platforms

Please treat other members in a constructive manner and abide by our Forum Rules at all times.
  • Legend is replacing Horror Channel

Horror Xtra is replacing CBS Justice

Reality is replacing CBS Reality

Reality Xtra is replacing CBS Drama

Except it's not that simple. It depends on TV platform. See the tweet from @a516digital, see end of this post.

RXTV have an article that includes logos so this seems to imply they have a better source than the Digiguide listings which started the rumours.

Legend is going tonne a sci-fi, horror and fantasy channel, so it's more a rebrand of Horror Channel which is more content accurate, as Horror Channel didn't show horror until 9pm usually and filled its schedules with sci-fi and fantasy the rest of the day anyway.

In various places I've seen that Horror Xtra is only from 5pm, so there's speculation that on Freeview at least it's timesharing its slot with another channel, so there's potentially an extra space in the offing for COM7 refugee channels.

There's been a hint that PBS America is trying to get a 24 hr slot now their 24hr +1 is closing. Maybe it's swapping with CBS Justice and Horror Xtra will move to PBS America's space?

CBS name dropped in major channel change | RXTV info
    The broadcaster behind channels including CBS Reality and Horror Channel is preparing to revamp its channels at the end of the month. The channel changes will…
    rxtvinfo.com

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• First all of, thanks for posting all of that Cheeky.

But what a bloody mess. I'm going to have to read all that several times to absorb it all, but as I replied to a post on Cable Forum yesterday, it does seem that the joint venture between Paramount (CBS) and AMC is over and thus the CBS channel branding is getting axed.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• I think it just got a whole lot more complicated/confusing with the latest Freeview Update page info. It's reading like there will be one less ex-CBS channel on Freeview from the end of the month.

I'm just going to wait for confirmation...or something less confusing. I'm not posting anything more. No point in confusing others. ^^

• It's just a very bizarre way to do things.

As said in other places, why have a horror extra when there is no main horror ch and why does reality get so much attention?

Like many sat/cable channels, I don't think these channels are long for the world in the streaming era and this just seems a temporary measure by AMC as the CBS branding has gone and probably the CBS/Paramount programmes will go too at some point.

• It's just a very bizarre way to do things.

As said in other places, why have a horror extra when there is no main horror ch and why does reality get so much attention?

Like many sat/cable channels, I don't think these channels are long for the world in the streaming era and this just seems a temporary measure by AMC as the CBS branding has gone and probably the CBS/Paramount programmes will go too at some point.

Since you bring up Horror Xtra... that's the one that looks like it's not coming to Freeview, the official Freeview info makes it look like CBS Justice is closing and not being replaced by HX. I'm hesitant, I'm yet to be convinced, it might be an admin error. I'm waiting for more information.

• So looks like not only is Horror Xtra not coming to Freeview, but it might be losing its timeshift channel.

I'm basing this solely on my own observations on the Freesat EPG. I've yet to look at EPG data on VM.

Horror+1 has no EPG info from 9am on Friday. However it looks like +1 programme data is on Horror Channel on Friday as it says "programmes start at 5.00pm" and then programmes start at 6pm. This could either be the +1 continuing, but the info being added in the wrong place, or the main channel mistakenly having its info an hour later. This happens on all subsequent days on the EPG.

• Epsilon posted website links for Horror Xtra and Reality Xtra on Digital Spy.

From it the channel numbers for Horror Xtra are confirmed as:

Sky Ch 317 and +1 on Ch 318

Virgin Media Ch 192 and +1 on Ch 202

Freesat Ch 138 and +1 Ch 139

As you can see the +1 survives on all platforms Horror Channel currently broadcasts.

From it the channel numbers for Reality Xtra are confirmed as:

Sky Ch 147

Virgin Media Ch 197

Freesat Ch 134

Freeview Ch 68

There was no +1 on VM and Freesat, I've no idea if there was on Sky, so I don't know if there has been a service cut.

HorrorXtra
    HorrorXtra goes the extra mile to bring horror fans the best movies and series, with a thrilling mix of suspenseful cinema, science fiction and futuristic…
    www.horrorxtra.co.uk

RealityXtra
    RealityXtra goes the extra mile to deliver captivating stories featuring ordinary people in extraordinary situations. Broadcasting in the UK on Sky 147, Virgin…
    www.realityxtra.co.uk

I've not found a website for Legend but we can probably assume by a process of elimination it's confirmed as getting the CBS Justice slot on Ch137 on Freesat.

• Thanks for all that Cheeky.

As I said last week, this all just feels very temporary to me and I don't expect these channels to survive for much longer.

• Thanks for all that Cheeky.

As I said last week, this all just feels very temporary to me and I don't expect these channels to survive for much longer.

Given this is likely the breakup of the joint venture I'd say Viacom CBS are more likely to close channels, since they have so many in the UK. AMC are more likely to keep them open because the opposite is true, in my opinion. It will all depend on how the break up, if it's happening (it probably is), is orchestrated.

This will all depend on who gets what. Are they splitting assets, or is one of them buying out the other?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!