Please treat other members in a constructive manner and abide by our Forum Rules at all times.
  • With Labour odds on to win the by-election Johnson literally distances to himself from failure.

Instead of a meeting with local tories he swans off to Ukraine in an attempt to look relevant on the International stage

• Well, he won't get much criticism from Ukraine, so safer for him.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• In the grand scheme of things what is happening in the Ukraine is of more concern to me and the strong possibility it could escalate into a World War which may go Nuclear than Wakefield , worst that can happen is the Tories lose a seat

Boris may well have already made arrangements to meet his Party Members in Wakefield before the by Election gets under way on the 23rd

• If Boris has anything to do with it we will go to war and it will end up Nuclear. The plan all along was for us to go to war with Russia. Ukraine are just the pawns.

Now we have this.....Whether it's true or not who knows. It could simply be propaganda thrown at us in the same way the Russians throw propaganda at their citizens.

Russian TV simulates nuke attack off coast of Ireland that would destroy country
    "Such a barrage alone also carries extreme doses of radiation. Having passed over the British Isles, it will turn what might be left of them into a radioactive…
    www.irishmirror.ie

• In the grand scheme of things what is happening in the Ukraine is of more concern to me and the strong possibility it could escalate into a World War which may go Nuclear than Wakefield , worst that can happen is the Tories lose a seat

Boris may well have already made arrangements to meet his Party Members in Wakefield before the by Election gets under way on the 23rd

It was reported that he had made arrangements to meet with the local party but he went to Ukraine instead. It’s not our war ,just a photo op along way from Wakefield

• If Boris has anything to do with it we will go to war and it will end up Nuclear. The plan all along was for us to go to war with Russia. Ukraine are just the pawns.

Now we have this.....Whether it's true or not who knows. It could simply be propaganda thrown at us in the same way the Russians throw propaganda at their citizens.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/new…ates-nuke-attack-26847303

Nice theory, Norra, except that we didn't start this war. Without an intervention, this war would almost certainly have spread westwards.

I don't believe for one moment that nuclear weapons will be used. It's the nuclear arsenals that have kept the peace since the second world war almost a century ago.

• TrueBrit

Your ignoring the Elephant in the room the possibility of a third world war is very high due to the Left Wing Lunatic Putin, Boris like other leaders of different nations have shown solidity with the Leader of the Ukraine some of them have visited him more than once.

There is probably a good reason why Boris went to the Ukraine that could not have been done via the Internet for security reasons due to systems being hacked we don't know

Boris underwent a medical operation yesterday, but was back working in the afternoon to keep appointments he had made, if he gets to Wakefield or Tiverton in Devon before the by-elections start we will have to wait and see

https://www.irishmirror.ie/new…ates-nuke-attack-26847303

Boris is not Blair.

Go to war with Russia !! we do not have the Military Might men and equipment to do that on our own why would we even want too

• It all depends on whether the US would back us, I guess. However, I can’t see us taking such a decision unless Putin attacks first.

We have already made clear we do not want a war with Russia. All efforts must be made to help Ukraine eject the aggressors. This may take some time, but with determination, we’ll get there.

• It was reported that he had made arrangements to meet with the local party but he went to Ukraine instead. It’s not our war ,just a photo op along way from Wakefield

You are a true cynic, old chap. Boris is getting his priorities right. Ukraine is top priority, and the Ukrainian President is well aware that he cannot rely on the flaky Macron or the bureaucratic EU to move at speed. Boris gets things done and he needs to respond when he is needed.

• It all depends on whether the US would back us, I guess. However, I can’t see us taking such a decision unless Putin attacks first.

We have already made clear we do not want a war with Russia. All efforts must be made to help Ukraine eject the aggressors. This may take some time, but with determination, we’ll get there.

I agree we cannot go it alone nor can the Ukraine , and yes I agree Boris was in the Ukraine at the weekend for a very good reason certainly not a photoshoot

• Hoping Tory defeats in Wakefield and Tiverton will put more pressure on Johnson. I doubt it though as this is Boris we’re talking about.

• Hoping Tory defeats in Wakefield and Tiverton will put more pressure on Johnson. I doubt it though as this is Boris we’re talking about.

They won’t. This is mid-term and stuff happens.

People vote differently at General Elections, when the reality of possible alternative governments stare them in the face.

The rail strike should do the Conservatives some good.

• The rail strike should do the Conservatives some good.

Why would they? Labour surely can’t be blamed for something they have no control over. The RMT isn’t even affiliated to the Labour Party.

If anyone is more to blame it’s the government. The unions are in disagreement with the rail companies and as far as I can see the government have done nothing to avert these strikes. Quite the opposite in fact which I suspect is deliberate.

• Why would they? Labour surely can’t be blamed for something they have no control over. The RMT isn’t even affiliated to the Labour Party.

If anyone is more to blame it’s the government. The unions are in disagreement with the rail companies and as far as I can see the government have done nothing to avert these strikes. Quite the opposite in fact which I suspect is deliberate.

The unions are dinosaurs and dislike change with a vengeance. They are still working to agreements made in 1919.

A pay increase above what has been offered, and more in line with what the unions are demanding, is available on condition that they modernise.

I don't know why you defend the RMT's strike when the employer's solution will not only enable the rail companies to pay railways staff more, but it will also bring down fares for the general public, which will immediately halt the decline since the pandemic restrictions.

The government is not an appropriate associate for these negotiations. The union argument is with the employers, who are demanding much needed modernisation. The union demand for the government to get involved is to make this into a battle between unions and the government.

The government is right not to get involved. No free beer and sandwiches for RMT blowhards.

I think most peopls with a brain are beginning to see through these union tactics.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!