UK Bill of Rights

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • Today the Justice Secretary will introduce the Governments proposal for the UK, if it is accepted it should mean we can deport undesirables, foreign criminals, bogus asylum seekers, etc.

If it does get passed it is hoped that it will be in force by the end of this year, I do hope so

From MSN

Dominic Raab, the Justice Secretary, will on Wednesday unveil a major overhaul of human rights laws that will make Parliament and the UK’s Supreme Court the “ultimate arbiters” on whether and how to implement European court judgments.

He will say the UK will remain within the European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR) but UK lawmakers will be free to determine how and whether to accept European judgments on policies such as the removal of migrants to claim asylum in Rwanda.

The Bill, which ministers hope will become law by the end of the year, will also make it easier to deport foreign criminals by restricting their ability to claim it breaches their right to a family life or a fair trial, as in the case of hate preacher Abu Qatada.

• I actually watched the PM's question time for a change I was getting out of the sun and the flipping Pollen , afterwards I listened to Dominic Rabb presenting his proposal to the House, he was brilliant calm composed and very knowledge I was very impressed .

Some on the opposition benches tried there best to attack his proposal, he shot them down in flames quietly almost surgically,

Yes a good move long overdue

• Good article in The Guardian criticising this Bill. It should be renamed the ‘Uk rights removal bill’.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/…ts-removal-bill

I’m fed up with hearing about people’s ‘rights’, to be honest. It’s just a recipe for people doing what they want at the expense of others.

There is nothing wrong with sending people who do not have the ‘right’ to live in this country to Rwanda. If they don’t like it, they shouldn’t have come here illegally.

We should talk more about ‘responsibilities’ and less about ‘rights’.

• I’m fed up with hearing about people’s ‘rights’, to be honest. It’s just a recipe for people doing what they want at the expense of others.

There is nothing wrong with sending people who do not have the ‘right’ to live in this country to Rwanda. If they don’t like it, they shouldn’t have come here illegally.

We should talk more about ‘responsibilities’ and less about ‘rights’.

Basic rights are surely important though and this Bill will remove some pretty important ones to say the least.

My question to you would be - how is this Rwanda policy doing anything to stop the root cause of this? The people smugglers.

• Basic rights are surely important though and this Bill will remove some pretty important ones to say the least.

My question to you would be - how is this Rwanda policy doing anything to stop the root cause of this? The people smugglers.

The Bill of Rights will not erode 'basic' rights as you allege. Which rights are you talking about?

You need to remember that illegal immigrants have NO rights to be in the UK.

The Rwanda policy is designed to prevent illegals from making the dangerous sea crossing in the first place. But you knew that, right?

You wouldn't be a people traffiker by any chance, would you? These are the only people who are really benefitting from the current policy.

What's so horrible about Rwanda anyway? It's better than one of the holding camps over here while they are making a decision.

You need to think this through.

• Good article in The Guardian criticising this Bill. It should be renamed the ‘Uk rights removal bill’.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/…ts-removal-bill

Should it succeed in becoming part of legislation it will strengthen our rights not remove any , freedom speech which has been under attack for years is one of them, it will protect everyone, what it will mean it will protect us from from foreign nationals who have committed serious crimes will be easier to remove , terror suspect, we have to stop the people smugglers who put some many lives at risk every day.

We are not leaving ECHR, what it means is our Supreme Court will have the final say not a European Court

There is quite a lot in it not had time to find it on line yet , however it should all being well be Law in time for the Queens Speech later this year

• Basic rights are surely important though

What about the basic human rights of UK citizens. We should have the right to not be overcrowded and free to keep our traditions and way of life and not have foreign vagabonds flood the country then over power our housing, jobs, medical system and tax pot and all the rest of it. It's so bad now that we have foreigners within control at the highest levels who will fight to keep control for their own people in the same way the Russians infiltrated us and had influence from within. It's gone beyond the the point of human rights for those fleeing another country and is now a national security threat. If not from some extremist groups hiding among the masses like a trojan horse then the uproar and kickback from the native born and bred British who have had enough which could then lead to a rise of a new National Front or Nazi's who will take matters into their own hands to bring back the UK and our way of life and traditions as it once was.

When in Rome do as the Romans do and don't try to turn the country you move too into the country you came from. You live by our rules and traditions and we don't want grooming gangs, mosques calling for prayer on ever corner and the rest of it. Even the rise of foreign food shops. Make them eat fish and chips FFS and if they don't like it then they can f off. I'd also make them remove their headgear especially the full masked postbox that the woman wear and make them wear jeans and T-shirt too if they want to stay here. If I go to their county then I will live by their rules and would happily dress like them, eat their food and the rest of it and would not try to impose Britishness upon them. One of the beauties of going abroad is experiencing another culture.

• What about the basic human rights of UK citizens.

That never seems to come into the equation, does it?

And another word that you don't hear very often either is that of responsibility. All about rights, but not responsibilities.

• I agree with Norra I also agree with you Horizon some people are not taking responsibility for themselves of their family's some always expects someone else to do it for them.

• For those who are interested here is what Raab had to say to the House of Commons re his proposal for UK Bill of Rights , practically liked how he dealt with the Shadow Secretary's totally off topic whinge

I will try and get the link for yesterday having trouble at the moment

Sorry not able to do post it will try again

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!