Broadcast2040+ Campaign launches

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • A coalition of organisations have come together to ensure Digital Terrestrial TV and Radio remains past the 2030s.

Campaign to save Freeview launches | RXTV info
    TV & Radio infrastructure company Arqiva is launching the Broadcast 2040+ campaign today. The launch comes ahead of key decisions over the future use of…
    rxtvinfo.com

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

“Protect traditional TV & radio” say the British people as Broadcast 2040+ campaign launches

• cheekyangus June 23, 2022 at 4:42 PM

Changed the title of the thread from “Broadcast2040+ Camp launches” to “Broadcast2040+ Campaign launches”.
  • In eighteen years time, I would imagine that most people would have internet access of some kind and for the majority, it'll be at least 1gb speeds. So, although I want universal free access to some tv to remain, I'm not sure by then that terrestrial would be the way to go or a viable option anymore.

As for radio, not sure on that one.

• They may get somewhere with their radio campaign, but I think their proposals for TV will fail. However, we’ll see.

My gut says based on the public usage they'll both still be around, however International Treaties regarding spectrum use might have an affect.

• Subscriptions to replace TV licences won’t work with broadcast TV, and that appears to be the government’s preference.

Radio, however, will probably be funded by advertising, so broadcast radio could continue if necessary.

• Subscriptions to replace TV licences won’t work with broadcast TV, and that appears to be the government’s preference.

Radio, however, will probably be funded by advertising, so broadcast radio could continue if necessary.

Better tell Sky their business model has never worked. 8o

And this Government has u-turned on absolutely everything.

• Better tell Sky their business model has never worked. 8o

And this Government has u-turned on absolutely everything.

Sky’s business model has worked for them extremely well, but nothing lasts forever and they are now planning for the step change to streaming in order to survive.

VM may have been the first to have added a streamer to their package, but Sky has left them well behind.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!