Levelling up fantasy

Please treat other members in a constructive manner and abide by our Forum Rules at all times.
  • I never really understood what levelling up was supposed to be. It sounded like some sort of money laundering scam. Money moves and then mysteriously disappears. That’s how these things normally go.

Levelling up if it is to have any meaning at all should require parliament moving up north and perhaps changing capital city status to Manchester instead of London. Move the entire seat of power and watch the money move with it.

There you go H a new thread idea “Should we change capital city status away from London?”

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• I agree that the seat of power could be in Manchester. ----London's finished. Too many immigrants, traffic is being punished , a loony left mayor and besides in a few decades much of London will be under water.

• So Sunak has admitted he moved funding from deprived areas .

Proof that levelling up was just more BS

As I understand it, he did this because the allocation of that money to deprived areas ignored the poverty in other areas. He simply wanted to redress that balance to provide help to them as well.

Context is everything.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• As I understand it, he did this because the allocation of that money to deprived areas ignored the poverty in other areas. He simply wanted to redress that balance to provide help to them as well.

Context is everything.

I might be inclined to believe it if he’d said it a deprived area but he said it in Tunbridge Wells .

But you will continue to believe their excuses til the day you die

• I might be inclined to believe it if he’d said it a deprived area but he said it in Tunbridge Wells .

But you will continue to believe their excuses til the day you die

Even wealthy areas have pockets of poverty. Not everyone appreciates this, and that is the point he was addressing.

I’m not ‘defending’ him, I’m correcting the false impression the media is giving to this ‘story’.

• should require parliament moving up north and perhaps changing capital city status to Manchester instead of London. Move the entire seat of power and watch the money move with it.

That's not possible as the City of London has it's own laws that go back centuries to protect the corporations and money. It also allows a way of laundering money from outside the City of London into the City of London. It's all in the history and why the Guilds where set up along with protections and secrecy or should I say protection in secrecy. If you want to move the money you would have to move the City of London.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Even wealthy areas have pockets of poverty. Not everyone appreciates this, and that is the point he was addressing.

I’m not ‘defending’ him, I’m correcting the false impression the media is giving to this ‘story’.

You are defending him , we heard what he said , your entitled to draw your own conclusions but you can’t go round correcting anyone because you don’t know for sure what he meant.

You have just heard his subsequent explanation which could easily be BS

• That’s very interesting. Maybe these things need to be dealt with to improve transparency.

You should investigate deeper into it. It's very interesting the whole power circles of wealth and the links between government and tax and the links between them and the bank of England and the corporations. It's also very interesting how crime and money laundering along with tax free charities and trusts falls into keeping the system running and keeps the stupidly wealthy from going skint.

• I agree that the seat of power could be in Manchester. ----London's finished. Too many immigrants, traffic is being punished , a loony left mayor and besides in a few decades much of London will be under water.

I don’t agree with the under water suggestion Mike. But London is finished as a city of credibility.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• You are defending him , we heard what he said , your entitled to draw your own conclusions but you can’t go round correcting anyone because you don’t know for sure what he meant.

You have just heard his subsequent explanation which could easily be BS

...And just as easily not.

It's easy to take remarks out of context and turn the meaning into something it's not.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!