When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • Just watched the 3 part BBC documentary about Musk

I don’t quite know what to make of him

Without doubt he is genius with an incredible drive yet somehow he’s rather odd

Worth a watch ,future historians may well see him as the most important person of the 21st century

Definitely worth a watch

• He’s definitely a very strange character.

I don't think you get to be the richest bloke on the planet by being normal.

I've not seen the documentary and don't really know a great deal about him.

Is he a force for good or a force for Elon Musk and his ego?

That's all I'd like to know.

• I don't think you get to be the richest bloke on the planet by being normal.

I've not seen the documentary and don't really know a great deal about him.

Is he a force for good or a force for Elon Musk and his ego?

That's all I'd like to know.

He says & I think he believes he is doing things for the good of humanity.

After watching the program I was left wondering what his motives

He intends to take a rocket with 100 people to Mars in 2029 so start building a city there.

• He says & I think he believes he is doing things for the good of humanity.

After watching the program I was left wondering what his motives

He intends to take a rocket with 100 people to Mars in 2029 so start building a city there.

Show me his bank balance. I'm not sure you can claim to be a force for good if you're sat on a personal fortune in the billions. How much does anyone individual need? I'm not one of those who'd advocate stripping people of their wealth, but I don't think you can claim to have other people's interests in mind and be sat on more money than some countries at the same time.

• He is very odd. I still can't forget the way he treated William Shatner when he got back from his rocket run and was more concerned about all the showmanship, self promotion and TV crews than giving William Shatner the time of day to talk about the experience. The bemused look on Shatners face as an old man now said it all. It was extremely rude, disrespectful and self righteous how Musk treated him and was more interested in the cameras.

• Just watched the 3 part BBC documentary about Musk

I don’t quite know what to make of him

Without doubt he is genius with an incredible drive yet somehow he’s rather odd

Worth a watch ,future historians may well see him as the most important person of the 21st century

Definitely worth a watch

Not seen it yet, but will. Thanks for the reminder. :thumbup:

Yeah, he's definitely a interesting character. One of the best brains on the planet, but has aspergers, a form of autism.

His disability came to light recently over the comments he made about the war in Ukraine. He pretty much said that the Ukrainians should make peace with the Russians and avoid more bloodshed, yet despite his brillant brain, he seemed incapable of understanding that the Ukrainans were fighting for the very right to exist.

• He is very odd. I still can't forget the way he treated William Shatner when he got back from his rocket run and was more concerned about all the showmanship, self promotion and TV crews than giving William Shatner the time of day to talk about the experience. The bemused look on Shatners face as an old man now said it all. It was extremely rude, disrespectful and self righteous how Musk treated him and was more interested in the cameras.

I was wrong it was Jeff Bezos who is another odd / weird person.

• Has anybody seen the story about some automated speculative market software Musk has supposedly developed where you can supposedly make fast easy money by simply investing a couple of hundred quid as cryptocurrency and clicking "start."

Assuming for a moment it worked..... how can that have anything other than a negative impact on the global economy?

If we could all sit back and become millionaires without ever having to lift a finger we'd all be well and truly fucked wouldn't we?

• We would all be paying top rates of tax as well, even the Lefties which they would not enjoy, that's their mantra to solve all and any problems ^^

How would they ever police it to know what you were liable for and where that money was earned?

Even if they could, I'd be sat on an island somewhere, soaking up the rays and supping a cold one. Try taxing me there

• I was jesting :rolleyes: I was tempted in investing but thought better of it not knowing how you can withdraw any profit in cash

i thought you were.

I'm still struggling to get my head around this so called algorithm and it's DelBoy promise of "this time next year Rodney, we'll all be millionaires."

I've always worked on the assumption of what appears to be too good to be true usually isn't, but can't help but wonder what the consequences would be if it did

• Well if we were all millionaires, Labour would be furious! Who would vote for them then? :D

today's millionaires would presumable be billionaires by then so I'm confident they'd still find a way to play the inequality card.

Imagine the indignity of being told you're living in relative property with only one summer bolt hole in the Bahamas and a 40ft yacht to your name!! ^^

• It's all the Billionaires fault take more off them and give it to us unfortunate downtrodden Millionaires, OK your taxes will go up :rolleyes: Err no forget that idea, I'll struggle on as I am

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!