When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • sorry nemo, more scaremongering shite. There are over 34k police officers in the met, ONE officer kidnapped, raped and murdered a female that's undeniable. But to state that they feared for female spies implies that they think that Couzens wasn't a minority but part of a large swathe of BAD officers. As an ex cop I find that kind of language very offensive, I'd batter the shit out of him if he couldn't justify those remarks, what a turd.

Did your parents have any children that lived.

• I'm not too sure myself, there has been a lot of bad press:

The policing inspectorate’s unprecedented decision to place the Metropolitan police into special measures followed the uncovering of a litany of new “systemic” failings in fighting crime and serving victims, with tens of thousands of crimes going unrecorded and errors in stop and search.

Met police placed in special measures due to litany of new ‘systemic’ failings
    Exclusive: watchdog’s decision follows nearly 70,000 unrecorded crimes and errors in stop and search
    www.theguardian.com

Hundreds of police officers who should have failed vetting checks may be in the job in England and Wales, a damning report has found.

The police watchdog looked at eight forces and found decisions on officers which were "questionable at best".

Criminals and sexual predators allowed into police, says report
    Scandals will continue and public trust erode further unless recruitment is tighter, the watchdog says.
    www.bbc.co.uk

and finally, in your own words :)

As an ex cop I find that kind of language very offensive, I'd batter the shit out of him if he couldn't justify those remarks, what a turd.

• There has been a lot of people with criminal and questionable records getting into the police, but thankfully not many of them are murderers and rapists.

• I would rather Mi5 concentrated their efforts on all the jihadis and other scum in this country, than this stuff.

Yes, but they also don't have enough staff to monitor those who may pose a serious risk to the UK either,

Yes, due to inadequate vetting some who have been accepted over the years have been accepted into the Police Service, that is down to the Senior Officers, the lack of supervision discipline in the service is again down to the Senior Officers, who should have weeded them out.

Police are instructed not to stereotype people due to race colour gender ethnicity, but some people the media stereotype Police Officers all the time, due to the behaviour of a relatively small number of bad Officers, the vast majority are working hard trying to hold the line but are outnumbered not enough officers.

Doctor Shipman murdered a lot of people, does that mean all Doctors are murderers? No, Builder was convicted of supplying drugs, does that mean all builders are drugs dealers, No, Police Officer sacked for racism, does that mean all of them are racists? in the minds of some Yes.

The Police cannot win no matter what they do they will be wrong, whilst the media and some who attack the police as often as they can the Police are still arresting and charging people and securing convictions for murders, major drug dealing, Organised Criminals, etc.

As usuals its all the Polices fault for catching me doing something wrong, be it issuing a speeding ticket, or armed robbery I am going to complain .

• Nemo

Nanny state? Yet during covid people felt they needed the government to tell them what to do. Ha e we lost the ability to think rational thought. Do we need some monkey like Kier Starmer telling us.

It seems to some YES.

I got into the police with a juvenile conviction and a severe reprimand in the army, but I had to show that I was good enough to get in.

I taught recruits in the army, nowadays they are mollycoddled.

Some see galop of trying tactics as bullying, but look at what they are asked to face. The police are daily involved in violent incidents, do we want pussies policing or someone who will get stuck in.

But Fred is 100% spot on, one slip up, one bad cop and every cop gets tarnished. Look at the way they were treat at the Sarah Everard Vigil, the one where the police behaviour was exonerated after the media and politicians alike trashed them. I don't recall hearing 1 fucking apology. Sorry, but this tit me tinned in the OP is clearly a drama queen.

Did your parents have any children that lived.

• I think MI5 is thinking very rationally. They are unlikely to be afraid of any real harm coming to their employees by the police. However, they will be very aware that the slightest incident, whether real or perceived could lead to an expensive Tribunal case against them. All it takes is a careless work or a bit of ‘banter’ and someone will take offence. Look at some of these cases:

Employment tribunals: 15 unusual forms of harassment
    Harassment is traditionally thought of as a man’s unwanted actions towards a woman, or comments that are offensive to a particular group such as ethnic
    www.personneltoday.com

If you have never employed people it is difficult to understand

• Police / MI5 is one of the same. You could call them special branch if you like. I'm not really sure of the point your trying to make but one things for sure is that you haven't got a clue what MI5 are thinking. TBH and apologies if not intended but your posting style comes across very troll like. Either that or you are simply young and enthusiastic, My nose is twitching!

• I agree, but, as an ex-employer, I am probably more aware than many of what a nanny state we live in.

Yes, Nemo, we are certainly living in a nanny state. The pendulum has gone too far and we need to pair it back a little to get people to take responsibility and stand on their own two feet.

I am concerned about the state of the police, although some forces are better than orhers. The bad apples need to be weeded out and those coming in need to be vetted better and trained appropriately as well as inculcated with the right attitude. There remains far too much misogeny and racism within the police, which appears to be much worse in the Met. Having said that, there are many good people in the police as well, which should not be forgotten.

• Police / MI5 is one of the same. You could call them special branch if you like. I'm not really sure of the point your trying to make but one things for sure is that you haven't got a clue what MI5 are thinking. TBH and apologies if not intended but your posting style comes across very troll like. Either that or you are simply young and enthusiastic, My nose is twitching!

Certainly not trolling - just find the situation we are in sad but amusing. Everyone is looking to take offence these days. From what a relative who used to be a policeman tells me the force is full of 'banter' - ideal if you want to be offended which many do these days:

“Banter” instigates soar in tribunal claims | CIPD HR-inform

"young and enthusiastic" - I wish :)

• There remains far too much misogeny and racism

In general I would say, not only in the police. It's much wider spread than that, and groups like BLM have used this to their advantage and have blown things out of proportion which has is in affect having the opposite affect and turning non racists into racists; with a little push from our friends like the BBC and their agenda. Note: who are being controlled by even wider outside forces from the new worlds agenda. Not the 'new world order' though you may like to think of it that way, oh no I must not say that! Why not you ask? I will be labelled as a conspiracist! Now ask yourself why. Now think about that. To me there is something really wrong there and where this all leads.

The world is so different now that it's like sometimes I don't know this world and life anymore. So many changes over the years but we are going through something major here. It's not only the WOKE agenda, global warming and the rest of it. We are morphing into, or pushed even! into the fourth industrial revolution. This is massive!!!! Imagine the change back in the days from Steam (you remember them days OB 8o ) into the Victorian factories. Look at what the digital world is doing to us.

Certainly not trolling - just find the situation we are in sad but amusing. Everyone is looking to take offence these days. From what a relative who used to be a policeman tells me the force is full of 'banter' - ideal if you want to be offended which many do these days:

It's all mollycoddling. People should take responsibility for their own actions and that works both ways. We should have the right to offend and we should have the right to be offended. To me it's simple freedom of speech. Nobody will silence me against my will.

• Police / MI5 is one of the same. You could call them special branch if you like.

No, they're totally different Norra. Special Branch is part of the police, law enforcement. Mi5 is part of the military. You cannot be arrested from someone from Mi5, they have no more powers of arrest than you or I do.

• No, they're totally different Norra. Special Branch is part of the police, law enforcement. Mi5 is part of the military. You cannot be arrested from someone from Mi5, they have no more powers of arrest than you or I do.

I was being a bit tongue and cheek saying special branch knowing that it is /or was part of the Police force. IIRC based in Barnes. It might have been replaced now by the NCA It's my belief that MI5 is more closely related to the Police force than it is militarily but there a tie there as it's my guess that MI5 are the ones to call on the SAS if needed. Don't confuse MI5 with MI6 as they are two different kettle of fish though all forces / agencies will work closely with each other and share data where needs be.

• MI5 and MI6 are both Military Intelligence, MI5 protect the homeland MI6 work overseas, Special Branch is part of the Met Police formed in the late 1880's known back than as Special Irish Branch to combat Irish Terrorism, they operate all over the UK intelligence gathering.

Anti Terrorist part of the Met Police which coordinates with other Police Forces across the UK ,

NCA National Crime Agency Police Officers , deals with Organised Criminals both at home and overseas , Cyber Crime,, Drugs etc works closely with other Police Forces also operates outside of the UK in cooperation with other nations Police Forces, plus Intelligence databases such as Interpol and similar organisations.

IIRC not sure what that is or was

• IIRC not sure what that is or was

If I Recall Correctly

MI5 and MI6 are both Military Intelligence

I'm not sure. I don't believe they are military and are individual agencies but MI6 will be tied in more with the military side of things via close work alongside the Army Intelligent Corps and others defence intelligence units and GCHQ. MI5 being homeland security so anything within the UK and MI6 being more James Bond like and covers international security. I would not be surprised if we find out in years to come that Cummins was an MI6 officer turned double agent. What's important here is how they all interact and work alongside each other and what they share with each other. This is security we are talking about here which is a double edged sword as the best security is layered and compartmentalised like a Russian doll so what they share and with who is vitally important. A need to know basis only and kept to small close groups!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!