To save the UK economy this is what Sunak and Hunt should be doing

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • Too many of our MPs are crazy about green issues and that’s because they are too weak to face up to them, and that in turn has given them even more confidence to turn the screw.

We should give the greenies short shrift as our more robust MPs did when Greenpeace was going on and on 50 years ago.

• Too many of our MPs are crazy about green issues and that’s because they are too weak to face up to them, and that in turn has given them even more confidence to turn the screw.

We should give the greenies short shrift as our more robust MPs did when Greenpeace was going on and on 50 years ago.

Funny thing is we only have 1 Green Party MP in Parliament but we have been implementing their ideology via a 80 seat majority conservative government with no opposition.

• Public services face 'undeliverable' £19bn squeeze after Autumn Statement
    Economists say extra tax revenue from due to inflation is being used for tax cuts
    inews.co.uk

An election in May? Have they digested the opinion poll figures?

As for the public sector cuts proposed by the Chancellor, why does everyone leap to the conclusion that this means a cut in services?

If he knows what he’s doing, Hunt will cut the bureaucracy and the quangoes that are wasting billions.

• https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/…atement-2772126

An election in May? Have they digested the opinion poll figures?

As for the public sector cuts proposed by the Chancellor, why does everyone leap to the conclusion that this means a cut in services?

If he knows what he’s doing, Hunt will cut the bureaucracy and the quangoes that are wasting billions.

I think they want to be in shape prepared by May next year ready for a GE later in the year, some speculate it could be in November

• I think they want to be in shape prepared by May next year ready for a GE later in the year, some speculate it could be in November

Could be, but it’s not a good time of year to get the electorate out of their warm houses.

• Could be, but it’s not a good time of year to get the electorate out of their warm houses.

True an awful lot of people don't bother voting and if its cold and wet more will not bother, personally there is no party that I have much faith in I may not even bother.

• to not vote increases the chances of Starmer getting the keys to no10. That scares the bejeezus outa me.

Did your parents have any children that lived.

• I’ve always gone for the least worst option available. I don’t see ‘not voting’ as an option, personally, because if the resultant government was not my choice and made decisions that impacted me negatively, I’d only have myself to blame.

• https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1…-statement.html

I think this is exaggerated. Cuts in public spending do not necessarily mean a reduction in public services. They just need to be more efficiently run.

Instruct departments what they cannot spend their money on ie woke agendas. Get rid of diversity and inclusion shite for starters. Get activists out of senior management positions and start to focus on the core purpose of the given department. Also get rid of value for money exercises that do the exact opposite.

And the government should stop engaging with Marxist advisors to suggest policies. How fucking stupid and naive are the people who allegedly run the country? Sometimes it beggars belief.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• Instruct departments what they cannot spend their money on ie woke agendas. Get rid of diversity and inclusion shite for starters. Get activists out of senior management positions and start to focus on the core purpose of the given department. Also get rid of value for money exercises that do the exact opposite.

And the government should stop engaging with Marxist advisors to suggest policies. How fucking stupid and naive are the people who allegedly run the country? Sometimes it beggars belief.

Agreed, and there needs to be a line-by-line review of all Civil Service budgets, cutting out everything that is not essential.That includes the quangos.

• What ever happened to the days when Civil Servants advised the Government of the day, and the Government of the day made the decisions which the Civil Service then implemented.

Time to thin them out and did what they are supposed to do

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!