The EU and Why Brexit Failed

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • It’s a bit of an outdated subject now, but I thought I’d give it a go. Unfortunately, I got carried away as you do and it got lengthy, so I put it on my own little blog.

The EU and why Brexit failed

"The European Union (EU): The very term invokes passions and strong feelings, but at the heart of the debate is do we want to be governed by British politicians that we can vote in or out, or by a private organization based in Europe run by unelected Commissioners? ... Europe, the birthplace of isms; Fascism, Communism, Nazism. A continent of mass graves and the scourge of the 20th century. Something we managed to stay well clear of emerging at intervals to contain the madness and help clear up the mess the utopia makers left behind them."

• I would just like to remind everyone that Brexit hasn’t failed. It just hasn’t been implemented.

Yes, we’ve left and we have continuation trade deals. But we haven’t got any trade deals that meet our requirements and include services, we haven’t yet had the bonfire of regulations and virtually nothing has been done to open the way for increased trade. We haven’t joined any of the trading blocs that will gain us better access to markets either. We have done too little to gain the benefit of free ports and make the most of our ability to manage our own fish stocks. I could go on.

There is no reason at all why we shouldn’t be better off after Brexit. We just need to get on with it.

• It’s a bit of an outdated subject now, but I thought I’d give it a go. Unfortunately, I got carried away as you do and it got lengthy, so I put it on my own little blog.

The EU and why Brexit failed

"The European Union (EU): The very term invokes passions and strong feelings, but at the heart of the debate is do we want to be governed by British politicians that we can vote in or out, or by a private organization based in Europe run by unelected Commissioners? ... Europe, the birthplace of isms; Fascism, Communism, Nazism. A continent of mass graves and the scourge of the 20th century. Something we managed to stay well clear of emerging at intervals to contain the madness and help clear up the mess the utopia makers left behind them."

You make a number of very valid arguments. The concept that there was no intention to implement Brexit by anyone seems less unlikely as time passes. The only true advocate for Brexit in the political theatre was Farage and whenever he tried to get elected the opposition used every trick in the book to keep him out. He was the driving force behind Brexit but was relegated to an outsider by the time the campaigning started. I guess we could see the writing on the wall even then with the benefit of hindsight. It took the launch of the Brexit party to get Brexit moving again.

The biggest problem for the Tories was the vote went the wrong way. They had no plans or vision and still don’t.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• Exactly I waited decades for the Referendum to have my say, we are out of the EU at long last

You got BREXIT which I totally support, but nothing changed. We’re still bound by the ECHR and they’re still paddling across the English Channel in their thousands.

• You got BREXIT which I totally support, but nothing changed. We’re still bound by the ECHR and they’re still paddling across the English Channel in their thousands.

Nothing much has been implemented regarding Brexit because of the delays in dealing with normal business and the nonsense of Partygate and the resultant changes in PM.

Hopefully, 2023 and 2024 will see some major changes that will ensure that the benefits of Brexit can be realised.

• Nothing much has been implemented regarding Brexit because of the delays in dealing with normal business and the nonsense of Partygate and the resultant changes in PM.

Hopefully, 2023 and 2024 will see some major changes that will ensure that the benefits of Brexit can be realised.

It’s 2022, nearly 2023 and six years and several PM’s since the referendum. You really think anything is going to change soon?

• Sunak wants that, and he is committed to completing the review of unhelpful EU rules by the end of 2023.

Then we can start getting the show on the road.

• Sunak wants that, and he is committed to completing the review of unhelpful EU rules by the end of 2023.

Then we can start getting the show on the road.

Sunak wants that? Didn’t May, Truss and Boris also say that?

• Yes. All efforts were applied to Covid at the time and everything else took a back seat. Do you not remember?

And the period between BREXIT and Covid and now after Covid? Haven't you realized yet that the various politicians we've had since 2016 had no intention of implementing BREXIT? It isn't going to happen. What might happen is they drag us back in by back back door with treaties.

• So it's Covids fault Brexit hasn't happened? Really?

Yes everything had to go on the back burner and not just in the UK but worldwide, our Welfare State was delayed being put in place because we and our allies were fighting for our very survival, it was put on hold until it was over.

Now there is light at the end of the tunnel then we can get on with Brexit in full which was never going to be easy hard to make a deal with others if they really don't want to make a deal

• Yes everything had to go on the back burner and not just in the UK but worldwide, our Welfare State was delayed being put in place because we and our allies were fighting for our very survival, it was put on hold until it was over.

Now there is light at the end of the tunnel then we can get on with Brexit in full which was never going to be easy hard to make a deal with others if they really don't want to make a deal

Fighting for survival? Did that include Boris at his parties? It was a bout of hysteria that ended as suddenly as it began. Neither of the main political parties will get on with BREXIT because they’re a mixture of globalists and remainers. Six years after the referendum and the excuses still keep on coming. It isn’t going to happen.

• No matter how many times you claim Boris had Parties it will not make it true, he was issued with one FPN for one breach of Covid Regulations, for the simple reason the Police only found enough evidence of one breach of the regulations, like thousands of other people.

Reality is not excuses , it will happen if it does not you can kiss Democracy Goodbye turn the Palace of Westminster into and amusement park as we won't need a Government again , just do as Brussels tells you

• No matter how many times you claim Boris had Parties it will not make it true, he was issued with one FPN for one breach of Covid Regulations, for the simple reason the Police only found enough evidence of one breach of the regulations, like thousands of other people.

Reality is not excuses , it will happen if it does not you can kiss Democracy Goodbye turn the Palace of Westminster into and amusement park as we won't need a Government again , just do as Brussels tells you

What the FPNs demonstrate Fred is rank hypocrisy.

At a time when leading by example is paramount, especially given the amount of reasonable scepticism that abounded, Boris could do nothing but add credibility to the considerable argument that the Covid pandemic was bunkem, fabricated, not real, insufficient in seriousness to justify the actions taken.

Boris’s actions did support and add weight to the “conspiracy theory” that Covid was just a trial run for what is yet to come…

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• And the period between BREXIT and Covid and now after Covid? Haven't you realized yet that the various politicians we've had since 2016 had no intention of implementing BREXIT? It isn't going to happen. What might happen is they drag us back in by back back door with treaties.

You may also remember that we had the Partygate scandal after that, bigged up by the Labour leader, and then two changes of Prime Minister. That was a right waste of time.

The PM has already confirmed the review of EU regulations will be finished by the end of 2023. He needs to put everything in place before the next General Election at the end of 2024.

We need to take the necessary measures to make Brexit work to save our economy, and Sunak knows that, so I don’t know why you are doubting this.

• What the FPNs demonstrate Fred is rank hypocrisy.

At a time when leading by example is paramount, especially given the amount of reasonable scepticism that abounded, Boris could do nothing but add credibility to the considerable argument that the Covid pandemic was bunkem, fabricated, not real, insufficient in seriousness to justify the actions taken.

Boris’s actions did support and add weight to the “conspiracy theory” that Covid was just a trial run for what is yet to come…

I don't do Conspiracy Theories I only accept then when they stop being a theory and turned into tangible provable facts ,

Boris should have been more careful but he ended up with an FPN himself he paid a far higher price than thousands of others who were also issued with one of more

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!