The EU and Why Brexit Failed

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • Grandpa

So let me understand this you dispute the fine FPN given to Boris was for his birthday?

If the answer there is YES, we are clearly done with this argument because your blinkers have become blindfolds.

I don’t only dispute it, it’s for having parties which he described as ‘meetings’ during the Christmas period he was fined for. I mean, just google it, it’s well documented. The Birthday bash was another matter entirely.

‘Partygate: Metropolitan Police fines issued over No 10 Christmas party

• Well yes, I don’t like Boris but I’m not bias, I don’t like any of them. Boris tried to present it as a meeting, the law said it was a party. Not one, but several of such parties presented as ‘meetings.’ I don’t know why you keep bringing a cake into it, it had nothing to do with a cake. Is that an attempt at distraction? The cake you keep referring to was a birthday cake and Boris’ Birthday is in June, nothing to do with what is now commonly known as Boris’ Christmas ‘Partygate.’ The paid fine, the images ... It's not exactly a conspiracy theory or 'crazy.'

I think you're getting confused over a birthday cake he may or may not have recieved in June, with breaking the Covid rules in December.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/…-boris-26181071

“Officials knocked back glasses of wine during a Christmas quiz and a Secret Santa while the rest of the country was forced to stay at home.”

Let’s just keep to the fine, which was issued in the circumstances I described. The people fined had arrived for a meeting and a cake was presented just before the start.The meeting commenced as planned 10 minutes later.

Had the cake not been brought in, no fine would have been issued. The fact that a fine was issued surely indicates that the cake was the reason. The Met believed the presence of the cake turned it into a social event!

You couldn’t make it up!

• Let’s just keep to the fine, which was issued in the circumstances I described. The people fined had arrived for a meeting and a cake was presented just before the start.The meeting commenced as planned 10 minutes later.

Had the cake not been brought in, no fine would have been issued. The fact that a fine was issued surely indicates that the cake was the reason. The Met believed the presence of the cake turned it into a social event!

You couldn’t make it up!

We’re not talking about a birthday cake, we’re talking about Christmas parties that Boris was fined for and which led to his resignation.

I didn't make it up, I don't need to, it's why Boris isn't PM anymore.

• Not correct. He was fined for that one incident. Nothing else. That is why many people supporting the government felt it was a stitch-up by the Met.

• Not correct. He was fined for that one incident. Nothing else. That is why many people supporting the government felt it was a stitch-up by the Met.

Which incident? Boris resigned because of the Christmas party scandal, not because of a cake.

• 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 dementia 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Grandpa come clean please, you did write monty python sketches didn't you ,

Did your parents have any children that lived.

• 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 dementia 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Grandpa come clean please, you did write monty python sketches didn't you ,

You wanted facts, you got them. Monty Python couldn't have wrote about Boris, he's a world class one off. :)

• Nope, he wasn’t fined for the 18 December party. He was fined only once, for the birthday party in June. As my link explained:

Boris Johnson has been fined for a party which happened for his birthday during the first coronavirus lockdown in June 2020, it has been confirmed. A No.10 spokesman said the Met Police had informed the Prime Minister of the reason he is receiving a fine.

Some of the people at No 10 were fined for the December party, but Boris was not one of them.

• Nope, he wasn’t fined for the 18 December party. He was fined only once, for the birthday party in June. As my link explained:

Boris Johnson has been fined for a party which happened for his birthday during the first coronavirus lockdown in June 2020, it has been confirmed. A No.10 spokesman said the Met Police had informed the Prime Minister of the reason he is receiving a fine.

Some of the people at No 10 were fined for the December party, but Boris was not one of them.

Indeed he was only ever issued with one FPN, yes more than one FPN was delivered to No for the staff who the Police considered had breached the regulations addressed to them individually at their place of work.

• The problem is that we’re talking about two different events. A few are focused on a Birthday event and I’m focusing on the Christmas party (post #89) which he also tried to pass off as a work event and which ultimately led to his resignation. His lies were so blatant, even his own party turned on him.

Here’s a short 46 second video of Allegra Stratton a number ten press spokeswoman being quizzed about the Christmas party and trying her best not to laugh. You’ll cringe too when you watch it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBkNUGjhZxU

It didn’t stop with Boris. The photo below is of the Tory Westminster HQ having their Christmas party too. Or was that also a ‘business meeting?’ Cheers!

0_part10.jpg

In our belief based society, everyone is asking for facts, but facts don’t matter anymore. Its opinions and beliefs that count. That’s the power of the media. We saw the same thing during Covid where even when it was obvious the virus wasn’t deadly to the vast majority of the population, many fanatically still believed we were all going to die. Same thing with the climate change fanatics and their fanatical beliefs about the end of the world is nigh. Same with NATO who armed and trained Ukrainian Neo-Nazi militias and accused Putin of attacking peaceful democratic ‘freedom fighters.’ Everyone is cheering their own beliefs on.

Who cheered for cosmopolitan liberal Boris who promised to halt immigration and how many now believe globalist Sunak who promises to do the same?

How many believe that after 12 years of Conservative NHS mismanagement, it's suddenly going to stop collapsing and bounce back to its former glory?

And where does all this come from? The media. 24/7 brainwashing at its best. It’s not the rest of us who are crazy, we’re the dissenters who already knew Brexit wouldn’t work under Boris, we knew the Covid lockdowns were an attempt at authoritarian control and we also know Sunak, who was part of the Brexit fiasco in Boris’ government, isn’t going to turn the country around. It’s too late, 12 years under a bunch of self-seeking cronies and spivs posing as conservatives, this country is just about finished and the longer these incompetents are in power, the worse it will get.

• OK we've moved on from the cake, thank god.

Regarding the degree of how deadly covid was, sorry mate but no magic anything was gonna tell us who might end up defunct if we contracted it. We have all heard of people who had no underlying conditions who died, those who had such conditions with no symptoms. Its tough to call and although you state when we knew it wasn't deadly, I cannot pin point a time when I believed that. Then again I am one of those who has underlying conditions, didn't want elderly family or friends ds succumbing due to me being blasé.

Governments have to make judgement calls, difficult to get right and easy to get wrong. I have complaints about covid rules but nothing you've described falls into it, so far.

• OK we've moved on from the cake, thank god.

Regarding the degree of how deadly covid was, sorry mate but no magic anything was gonna tell us who might end up defunct if we contracted it. We have all heard of people who had no underlying conditions who died, those who had such conditions with no symptoms. Its tough to call and although you state when we knew it wasn't deadly, I cannot pin point a time when I believed that. Then again I am one of those who has underlying conditions, didn't want elderly family or friends ds succumbing due to me being blasé.

Governments have to make judgement calls, difficult to get right and easy to get wrong. I have complaints about covid rules but nothing you've described falls into it, so far.

I agree , yes the vulnerable with existing underlying medical conditions were most likely to die from the virus, it also killed many much healthier much younger people as well, or left them with what they call Long Covid serious pulmonary problems also those of all ages whose immune systems were.

Yes Barack Room Lawyers always work with the benefit of hindsight and blame someone else who actually have to make tough decision call if they make a wrong call, how many people did those who protested in public against Vaccination and Mask

Such a Corbyn's brother a self confessed Marxists and Conspiracy Theorist who claimed it was a hoax, the vaccines contained Micro chips how many of them caught the Virus did they infect others and some possibly died because of their ignorance and arrogance ? but we will never know.

• The problem is that we’re talking about two different events. A few are focused on a Birthday event and I’m focusing on the Christmas party (post #89) which he also tried to pass off as a work event and which ultimately led to his resignation.

At last! Yes, two different events, and he only got fined for the birthday event.

The police accepted his explanation regarding the other events.

So when you look at the extent of Boris’s wrongdoing, it all boils down to…..

THE CAKE!

• At last! Yes, two different events, and he only got fined for the birthday event.

The police accepted his explanation regarding the other events.

So when you look at the extent of Boris’s wrongdoing, it all boils down to…..

THE CAKE!

Back to the cake again, fanaticism and beliefs at work. :) No, he resigned after the Christmas party scandal, not the cake one.

• Anyway, to continue with the rant before we got distracted with Covid. :) When you only have one source of information, it becomes indoctrination. Didn’t that also happen in the Brexit referendum as the majority younger generation cheered for a multicultural utopia, even though they can see it wasn’t happening? Didn’t that also happen to the leavers, who after six years are still cheering for an end to mass immigration that also isn’t happening? Both sides are convinced that one day it might. That it doesn’t is lost on them because they got caught up in beliefs.

Where do we draw the line between what we believe and reality? How many cheered for mentally ill Greta who it’s said had ‘special eyes’ that could see carbon rising from a dying planet and the UN assembly applauded in 2019? Or what about World Economic Forum member Ellen Stofan who says within ten years we’ll be colonizing Mars and meeting with aliens. Perhaps the aliens will help us find this alternative mythical ‘green’ energy everyone is looking for? This is mass media stuff. It’s not the rest of us who are crazy.

We don’t have a crystal ball, but we still have both the common sense and foresight left to know that Covid was hysteria driven, that liberal Boris wasn’t going to stop mass immigration and that Putin may have done us all a favour in sorting out the Neo-Nazis in Ukraine before they turned on neighbouring Poland or Romania instead. We’re the ones who protest against the politicians and media taking us down the Alice in Wonderland rabbit hole with you.  :)

• As I haven't got a scooby door wtf your on about anymore, good luck on this thread. I am not going down a global conspiracy theory worm hole. Because for me atm that's exactly where you are.

If someone can explain to me exactly what your pedalling, sniffing or smoking it would be appreciated?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!