Was Covid dangerous or was it a conspiracy?

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • No, Covid didn’t kill “many much healthier much younger people”. It killed old people with weak immune systems and those with respiratory problems such as asthma or bronchitis. The odd healthy and younger one who did die made front page headlines because it was so unusual.

It’s not hindsight or barrack room lawyers, many already knew it was a false alarm. Remember them coming out into the streets and telling you in their thousands while you hid behind your doors listening to the government updates about how it was like a slaughter house out there?

The scare ended very early on and it was when the NHS told you to go home, isolate yourself get to bed and stop clogging up A&E’s with your coughing and spluttering which turned out to be a bad dose of flu. Seriously, did you buy into all that funeral pyres and great plague stuff? What happened to all those dead and dying bodies on the floor in the hospitals? They went home, went to bed for a few days and got better.

Personally, I was never anti-vax, I was pro-choice. Perhaps some that were susceptible and particularly vulnerable to the virus needed it, I didn’t, never had Covid and so didn’t pass it on to those I was accused of doing because I was unvaccinated. Remember “Act like you’ve got it?” That’s what it was, a big act which got out of control and produced the hysteria behind it. Most got caught up in it, some of us didn’t.

• Are you sure you've never had it?

I had covid in June this year, although nhs antibody tests whilst still working there indicated I had some immunity.

You seem to find it easy to write off data as if it never existed, I saw bodies in our hospital, they were dying at a rate of about 6 per night shift.

I don't recall any of them getting up and say "off home now just flu".

I know people who tested positive attitude work who felt absolutely nothing, so how the hell can youvsay hou never infected anybody. The only way you could honestly say that was if you tested regularly. Incubation periods meant that you could have been infectious for days prior to a test and infected numerous people or am I just another brain washed numpty.

I worked nhs through the first year, we all felt it was a matter of when we caught it not if.

Did your parents have any children that lived.

• I think I would have noticed if I had a bad dose of flu.

What you saw were people dying from whatever reason, who if they tested positive for Covid within 30 days had one of the causes of death from Covid on their death certificates. It’s these that were counted. Eventually, the figures became so absurd Matt Hancock ordered a review into how the Covid deaths were counted. He said they were ‘statistically flawed’, I say they were intentionally skewed to keep the hysteria going and cash tills ringing.

Millions caught Covid, fortunately, very few died. If you’re in your 70’s or 80’s and getting a bit doddery, sure it was dangerous, but so would a tooth abscess at that age.

• We have all heard of people who had no underlying conditions who died

Got to disagree with that. I know two people that died within 14 days of receiving the vaccine and another left in a wheelchair as a result of the vaccine. But nobody who died with no underlying conditions.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• Got to disagree with that. I know two people that died within 14 days of receiving the vaccine and another left in a wheelchair as a result of the vaccine. But nobody who died with no underlying conditions.

I meant of Covid, not the vaccinations.

Fitness enthusiast, 42, who rejected vaccine, dies of Covid. (He'd previously had asthma, but it doesn't tell you until the end). The link to deaths purposely included those who hadn’t had vaccinations as though somehow it was their fault. The whole purpose was to frighten people into having vaccinations with the threat of possible death if they refused. The news article in the link is designed to frighten everybody into having these injections containing God knows what.

They could have threatened me with being locked in a room for 24 hours with Jeremy Corbyn (that’s pretty harsh isn’t it), but Grandpa wasn’t going to get vaccinated! :)   

• I meant of Covid, not the vaccinations.

Fitness enthusiast, 42, who rejected vaccine, dies of Covid. (He'd previously had asthma, but it doesn't tell you until the end). The link to deaths purposely included those who hadn’t had vaccinations as though somehow it was their fault. The whole purpose was to frighten people into having vaccinations with the threat of possible death if they refused. The news article in the link is designed to frighten everybody into having these injections containing God knows what.

They could have threatened me with being locked in a room for 24 hours with Jeremy Corbyn (that’s pretty harsh isn’t it), but Grandpa wasn’t going to get vaccinated! :)   

All respect to you for that 👍

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• Nobody in the UK is forced to have the Vaccination , it is still personal choice, in China you have no choice , as far as I am aware they don't bother Vaccinating the elderly , they don't mind if they die or not, they can lose several million and not notice the difference

• All respect to you for that 👍

I’m not alone. There were tens of thousands of us and we knew Boris the liar and grinning Matt Hancock were trying to control us. Matt Hancock? Boris’ Health Secretary who resigned as he forgot he had 20% shares in Topwood Ltd, his family run Covid waste disposal company he was awarding contracts to. Time will reveal what other front bench cabinet creatures were making out of all this.

london10.jpg

There were those of us, all across Europe, who stepped back and thought, “Wow, look at what’s happening.” The majority cheering for more civil restrictions, in Britain police Stasi type hotlines were set up to report your neighbours, calls for the unvaccinated to be excluded from a “new normal”, proposed Covid passports and work restrictions … And it all came from the media pumping nonsense into soft heads. And reading some of the comments that's still occurring. :)

• I’m not alone. There were tens of thousands of us and we knew Boris the liar and grinning Matt Hancock were trying to control us. Matt Hancock? Boris’ Health Secretary who resigned as he forgot he had 20% shares in Topwood Ltd, his family run Covid waste disposal company he was awarding contracts to. Time will reveal what other front bench cabinet creatures were making out of all this.

london10.jpg

There were those of us, all across Europe, who stepped back and thought, “Wow, look at what’s happening.” The majority cheering for more civil restrictions, in Britain police Stasi type hotlines were set up to report your neighbours, calls for the unvaccinated to be excluded from a “new normal”, proposed Covid passports and work restrictions … And it all came from the media pumping nonsense into soft heads. And reading some of the comments that's still occurring. :)

A small percentage of the 65 million people living in the UK, I must have a word with Matron to make sure she keeps the front door of Happy Acres locked, and up their medication, had enough of your Paranoid Ramblings and Fake News, I hope you get well soon , Goodbye and Good Luck

• A small percentage of the 65 million people living in the UK, I must have a word with Matron to make sure she keeps the front door of Happy Acres locked, and up their medication, had enough of your Paranoid Ramblings and Fake News, I hope you get well soon , Goodbye and Good Luck

Focusing on the poster is always a sure sign of a lost argument. If you have nothing to say perhaps it's as well you don't. :)

We all have our opinions and I’m not asking for you to agree with me, but you shouldn’t be turning against the poster and making personal remarks because you don’t like what you’re hearing. It’s not about me, it’s about the topic.

• OLD BOY January 6, 2023 at 11:00 AM

Changed the title of the thread from “The EU and Why Brexit Failed” to “Was Covid dangerous or was it a conspiracy?”.
  • As we have a new thread and topic I will offer my thoughts.

Was covid dangerous?

Well, if it killed you - yes it was. But the question is, did people die of covid or with covid? How many people genuinely gasped their last breath as a red of the covid virus? I don’t doubt that there are some but how many? Who knows, just like seasonal flu. Nowhere near as many as we have been told though.

Was it a conspiracy?

There is evidence offered from a number of sources none of which are official government sources that covid was a planned event that was part of something called Agenda 2020. This agenda was the foretelling of a global pandemic that would provide the opportunity for global governance organisations to experiment with various techniques for controlling the actions and movements of their respective populations. What was the purpose of this? To rehearse for what is to come over the next decade, actions being taken in the name of climate change to fundamentally reset society, global economic strategy and accepted behavioural standards. All this being carried out as part of agendas known as The Great Reset, Agenda 2025 and by the 2030 we will “Own nothing and be happy “.

Is there any evidence of any of these things happening or evidence of anything that might have happened that supports what many would call “Conspiracy Theories “?

I’ll finish my post here to see what responses it gets.

Tin foil hat now back in the cupboard. 😁

• I don’t think much of a response, it’s a topic pretty played out by now, just as Brexit was in name only. One minute the world was going to end and the next Boris the Covid man had gone and the NHS told us to open our windows and let the flu out. Imagine the virus was hiding under our beds all this time and we didn’t even know it. Silly us, eh? :)  

• Because the virus originated on China and was suspected to have escaped from a chemical weapons facility. It was prudent to take extreme precautions to stop a world wide pandemic for which China had no antidote.

Governments would have been negligent to encourage citizens to carry on as normal. Yes some governments were over cautious and some people resented the control on their lives but the Chinese virus did kill millions worldwide . The elderly and unwell were extremely hard hit but they are our people and needed to be protected more so than the rest of us.

IMHO our Government acted wisely as they were dealing with the unknown ...

The Voice of Reason

• Because the virus originated on China and was suspected to have escaped from a chemical weapons facility. It was prudent to take extreme precautions to stop a world wide pandemic for which China had no antidote.

Governments would have been negligent to encourage citizens to carry on as normal. Yes some governments were over cautious and some people resented the control on their lives but the Chinese virus did kill millions worldwide . The elderly and unwell were extremely hard hit but they are our people and needed to be protected more so than the rest of us.

You mean because the virus is suggested in the western media to have started in a chemical weapons plant in China?

Initially the government was right to be worried, but when it was discovered it wasn’t a mass killer, it became hysteria driven and that’s when the government ought to have nipped it in the bud.

• AS

I couldbuse some words or descriptions of the crap listed in your post that would probably get me kicked from this forum, so I will behave.

But do you seriously expect anyone to grasp a theory of global agreement around d your alleged Agenda 2020?

FM even on here your side kick thinks brexit occurred in 2016, he was wired in to chairmans Xi's propaganda machine.

We couldn't get reasonable agreement on brexit because the EU wanted to punish us for having the audacity to leave the country club and soft us paid them to do it.

Even Varadka now accepts their interpretation and application of the NI protocol was excessive, but you believe there is a global reset agenda, 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣.

To get the US to agree with China or Russia on anything would require a moment in the history of planet earth like no other.

Sorry mate, keep taking the prozac.

Did your parents have any children that lived.

• See final sentence of my post re: Tin Foil Hat. Hopefully that gave a clue?

The main thrust of my post was laying out the theories (conspiracy or otherwise) that abound at the moment. I asked an open question as to evidence to support these theories based on what we have seen already or things that are currently happening in the world.

As I asked you in another thread do you think that the various events going on around the world at the moment are just a series of haphazard, random, unrelated happenings or are they a planned series of events? If you believe the former we need to change our leaders because they are not fit for office and if you believe the latter we need to change our leaders because they are evil and not fit for office. Either way our leaders are not fit for office because they are either incompetent or evil, not a great position.

All crimes require means, opportunity and motive. Conspiracy theories revolve around establishing motives. If you rule out malicious intentions you are left with bad luck or incompetence. Given the amount of political discourse undertaken at a global scale it is difficult to conclude that bad luck or incompetence are the more likely reasons for bad things happening, that leaves malicious intent.

Well this Old Fart thinks they did as well as they could under the circumstances , if they had not I could well be just a statistic on a chart somewhere.

• No, Covid didn’t kill “many much healthier much younger people”. It killed old people with weak immune systems and those with respiratory problems such as asthma or bronchitis. The odd healthy and younger one who did die made front page headlines because it was so unusual.

Your focus is purely on the death figures, fair enough (by the way, they were still well above what a normal flu would cause) but as was shown, covid caused many symptoms in younger people and for some, has caused life long problems.

Covid was dangerous, hopefully not now, although only time will tell on that. So, no. Not a conspiracy.

• Your focus is purely on the death figures, fair enough (by the way, they were still well above what a normal flu would cause) but as was shown, covid caused many symptoms in younger people and for some, has caused life long problems.

Covid was dangerous, hopefully not now, although only time will tell on that. So, no. Not a conspiracy.

I think the ONS figures were around 26K a year for ordinary flu deaths. The question is did they die with Covid or from Covid, because it’s the with Covid that made the figures so high that eventually even Health Secretary Hancock said there were what he politely termed ‘statistical anomalies.’

Covid wasn’t dangerous for the vast majority, but dangerous to those with respiratory diseases or weak immune systems.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!