Was Covid dangerous or was it a conspiracy?

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • main-qimg-9eeca4b74d138f2451cba038704b7338-lq

8|Do not trade me a Rabbit and hand me a Hare. (I know the strain of species in Leporidae).

Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.

• main-qimg-20d4f9a66b33663a6afaa8eedbe1e6d1

8|Do not trade me a Rabbit and hand me a Hare. (I know the strain of species in Leporidae).

Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.

• Apparently Patrick Valances COVID diary is being bandied around on social media. In it he warns that COVID-19 did not have any long term impact on children and advised against closing schools. He also said that Sturgeons decision on masks in schools was completely political as well.

I'll see if I can find some links that aren't behind a paywall, but this is massive news !

Who the hell was the Government listening to ? Why did they ignore the advice ?

• Don't forget, schools are run by adults, adults got sick and died because of COVID. Teachers have families of their own, it's not just the kids that needed to be taken into consideration.

Walk into ANY school and ask who would like 2 weeks off,I'll bare my ass on TV if 90% didn't put their mits up. So I don't buy into this COVID lockdowns has caused kids MH issues

Did your parents have any children that lived.

• Don't forget, schools are run but adults, adults got sick and died because of COVID. Teachers have families of their own, it's not just the kids that needed to be taken into consideration.

Walk into ANY school and ask who would like 2 weeks off,I'll are my ass on TV if 90% didn't put their mits up. So I don't buy into this COVID lockdowns has caused kids MH issues

Strange how everything heavily unionised was demanding more and more lockdowns

• No school - just Football Finals and Wimbledon Finals --- everyone could attend including children, and no COVID rules were enforced.

Why were ALL people, who are experts with PhD.s and world standing/respect banned from speaking against COVID and vaccines? Shut down, deleted, blocked - some arrested, some imprisoned.

That tells you all you need to know.

• Schools were wells of infection and spread the disease far and wide

LOL. LOL. Of course - The "KILLER VIRUS PANDEMIC" was selective. People had visits from "the Gestapo" just for visiting their next-door neighbor for a coffee. As with NAzi Germany, the government and police chiefs asked people to inform on their neighbours.

People were swarmed by 4 cops - "Hey you, why are you walking your dog in this huge park"!! ??

• Thats the whole point.

Schools should have been monitored for how well they were implementing the defined protocols. Because so many weren't (to save money) and loads of people got infected as a result. One I know very well was in a right state (his teacher partner brought it home to him from a school where the Head just couldn't be arsed to do the protocols) and was ill for over 2 years.

• Schools should have been monitored for how well they were implementing the defined protocols. Because so many weren't (to save money) and loads of people got infected as a result. One I know very well was in a right state (his teacher partner brought it home to him from a school where the Head just couldn't be arsed to do the protocols) and was ill for over 2 years.

There are flu epidemics each year, covid was no different. Keeping kids off school has done far more long term damage to them than covid ever would

• There are flu epidemics each year, covid was no different. Keeping kids off school has done far more long term damage to them than covid ever would

We had a major flu epidemic in Britain in 2017/18. One of the worst on record. It did not get a mention. Why? Because we got on with life. We knew how to manage illness.

• Let's be fair here, if only ONE senior scientist/medical adviser told the government that this had the potential to be mega dangerous and they chose the words of let's say the majority of doubters, you stand or fall by the outcome not the strength of argument.

As a government in this instance you truly are damned if you do and damned if you don't. They had far more info/intel than we did, but look at the strength of feeling in people like AS. But had we had a particularly really nasty variant would he/they change their tune? But, he will say now But we didn't so your wrong. As I said damned either way, but a government has to put the national interest first and should always air on the side of caution.

Did your parents have any children that lived.

• There are flu epidemics each year, covid was no different. Keeping kids off school has done far more long term damage to them than covid ever would

Covid very much was different, the fatality and long term disability rate of Covid 1.x was much much higher than flu and only got somewhat convergent after mid 2021 when vaccination of most had occurred.

• Covid very much was different, the fatality and long term disability rate of Covid 1.x was much much higher than flu and only got somewhat convergent after mid 2021 when vaccination of most had occurred.

It was slightly higher but not much more than other pandemics. More people die of cancer each year

• It was slightly higher but not much more than other pandemics. More people die of cancer each year

It was much higher. In 2020 there were 2.689 million cases in the UK and 90,189 deaths. That's 3.3% https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/

Flu fatalities in the UK run at about 25,000 deaths a year and we know that most flu cases are not recorded even though approximately a million seek medical help.

Covid 1.x was much more fatal.

An interesting read:

One year on: Three myths about COVID-19 that the data proved wrong
    Three charts measuring 'years of life lost' that disprove three ‘myths’ that were prevalent at the start of the pandemic.
    www.health.org.uk
  • It was much higher. In 2020 there were 2.689 million cases in the UK and 90,189 deaths. That's 3.3% https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/

Flu fatalities in the UK run at about 25,000 deaths a year and we know that most flu cases are not recorded even though approximately a million seek medical help.

Covid 1.x was much more fatal.

An interesting read:

https://www.health.org.uk/publications/l…ta-proved-wrong

Those were deaths with COVID not deaths FROM Covid. Those figures you quoted are laughable

• Those were deaths with COVID not deaths FROM Covid. Those figures you quoted are laughable

Ah that conspiracy theory again icon_rolleyes.gif

Awkwardly for you the same applies to flu deaths so please stop trying to compare chalk and cheese. When a cause is the first listed reason on a death certificate it means that without that the person would have lived.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!