The Rise of 'So called' Artificial Intelligence.

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • There is some scary shit out there. Glad my time is nearing is use by date,by the time I'm dead and buried technology will definitely be king.

My wife went shopping today in Newcastle, not exactly the centre of the technological universe but even parking needed an app to pay, very few places accepted cash, most people paying by phone as opposed to card. She admitted that she felt out of touch.

It's no wonder people avoid city centres, even town centres its become more like the matrix.

Did your parents have any children that lived.

• It's no wonder people avoid city centres, even town centres its become more like the matrix.

Last time I had to use a public car park the machine had me flummoxed. I just about worked it out but the thing is I program computers all the time. Some complete clot had programmed this one. God help the little old ladies out there.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

• Image created by Decrypt using AI.

Fascinating, Norra.

My bank, HSBC, identifies how you type when inputting passwords on their site and the AI works out whether you are you, or an imposter. So, although it's not sound, it's along similar lines.

• There is some scary shit out there. Glad my time is nearing is use by date,by the time I'm dead and buried technology will definitely be king.

My wife went shopping today in Newcastle, not exactly the centre of the technological universe but even parking needed an app to pay, very few places accepted cash, most people paying by phone as opposed to card. She admitted that she felt out of touch.

It's no wonder people avoid city centres, even town centres its become more like the matrix.

My area is the same, as I found out to my cost last year.

I don't drive, but I was with my brother who does, and we parked in a council car park and they wanted everyone to use an app. No machine to get a parking ticket, and you get fined if you don't use the app.

I don't have a smartphone... and taking it back to AI, they are using AI to identify "patterns" in "users" parking habits, whatever the hell that means.

• Last time I had to use a public car park the machine had me flummoxed. I just about worked it out

Wow and your not exactly a technophobe. That says it all really and the problems this is all going to create. Technology is supposed to make life easier but in reality it does not. I don't like the direction this is all going in and like Canny I'm pleased I am more towards the end of life rather than starting out. Then again being a youngster they don't have the life experience and past history to compare with so they grow up with the current state of tech and know no different so it don't bother them. I suspect by the time they get to our age they may feel the same about tech then as some of us do now. They may even be in the Terminator wars by then. My first computer was a Sinclair ZX81and then I moved onto a Commodore 64 and look how far things have moved since then. Imagine showing some of this stuff to our grandparents or great grandparents. They would think they are on Star Trek or something.

• ‘Does he know what Google is?’ Anger as Italy appoints 85-year-old AI tsar

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2023/10/25/giuliano-amato-italy-ai-tsar-85-years-old/

Maybe the US can use Biden LOL As for the UK our gov quietly got rid of their advisers. It so fucked up and we have had Sunak giving it the 'big I am' on AI recently in the media as if they know what they are doing.

British government quietly sacks entire board of independent AI advisers
    The U.K. has disbanded the Centre for Data Ethics and Innovation's (CDEI) advisory board as the government switches focus to a Frontier AI Taskforce prompted…
    therecord.media

There is no hope for the world and I think AI is going to go ahead with no regulation or any form of control. The cat is out the bag now. We now have AI scraping the web and making new content. What happens when they scrape the web and create new content from their own previously created material that was not necessarily factual to begin with. Do we really need any more crap, lies and misleading information on the Internet. And to think that many teachers use the Internet for research and teaching material. Combine all this with deep fake technology and we have a fictional world built on lies and complete bullshit with folk weaponising these lies and bullshit to manipulate others.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Star Trek is almost here.......

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!