OLD BOY’S TV AND STREAMING CHOICE: COMMENTS

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • "House of the Dragon" is on our to watch list. We don't get Atlantic on VM and don't stream Now so it's going to be a download from the private tracker that provided season 1.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

• The full listings highlights for the week commencing 22 June 2024 are now on my TV Choice thread.

The following will be finding their way to my watchlist.

🆕⭕️GODZILLA MINUS ONE
    An impressive Japanese version of this story set at the end of the second world war.
    🖥️Netflix, Saturday

🆕⭕️WEIRD: THE AL YANKOVIC STORY
    The true story of this musician, played by Daniel Radcliffe.
    🖥️Amazon Prime Video, Saturday

🆕⭕️SLEEPING DOGS
    Haunted by visions of his own death, Jim wants to reconcile with his son Tom before he dies.
    🖥️Amazon Prime Video, from Saturday

🆕⭕️THE SHAMROCK SPITFIRE
    The youngest wing commander in the history of the RAF becomes one of the most celebrated fighter aces of the Second World War.
    📲Sky Cinema Premiere, 6pm, Sunday.
    🖥️NOW

🆕↔️LAND OF WOMEN
    Gala escapes from New York to her mother and daughter in Spain having discovered that her husband was in debt to gangsters.
    🖥️Apple TV+, from Wednesday

🆕↔️SUPACELL.
    A delivery driver discovers he can travel in time. He uses his newly found ability to save his wife from a terrible fate.
    🖥️Netflix, from Thursday

🆕↔️MY LADY JANE
    Comedy series based on Lady Jane Grey, who was executed following her short reign of nine days. Don’t pay too much attention to historical accuracy because this is way off beam - and by the way, she avoids beheading in this alternative version of history!
    🖥️Amazon Prime Video, from Thursday

🆕↔️THE BEAR
    The third series of this drama is available in its entirety. Carmen battles to keep his restaurant going as he turns his sandwich shop into a gourmet restaurant.
    🖥️Disney+, from Thursday

🆕↔️DOUGLAS IS CANCELLED
    A well known presenter becomes embroiled in cancel culture after being reported for a remark he made at a family wedding.
    📲ITV1, 9pm, Thursday.
    🖥️ITVX (box set)

🆕⭕️A FAMILY AFFAIR
    A Hollywood actor becomes infatuated with a widow, much to the shock of her daughter.
    🖥️Netflix, from Friday

🆕⭕️FANCY DANCE
    After the disappearance of her sister, Jax has been looking after her daughter on a reservation in Oklahoma, but she fears losing custody to the girl’s grandfather. So the pair embark on a search for the missing woman in the hope that they can all return in time for the Fancy Dance event.
    🖥️Apple TV+, from Friday

🆕⭕️A SACRIFICE
    A local cult connected to a recent incident is investigated by a social psychologist.
    📲Sky Cinema Premiere, 8pm, Friday.
    🖥️NOW

The full list of best dramas and new films are set out in the link below,

Please note that if you click on this link after 27 June, the list will be found under the ‘Previous weeks’ thread.

OLD BOY
    January 6, 2023 at 11:54 AM
  • 🆕↔️SUPACELL.
    A delivery driver discovers he can travel in time. He uses his newly found ability to save his wife from a terrible fate.
    🖥️Netflix, from Thursday

A wide variety of stuff there, thanks for the list OB, but this got my particular interest.

I love time travel stuff.:)

• A wide variety of stuff there, thanks for the list OB, but this got my particular interest.

I love time travel stuff.:)

Me too, as long as there is a credible script to go with it.

I am so pleased to have plenty of choice these days, but this is to the disadvantage of the broadcast TV channels. Pity we can't have the best of both worlds!

• The full listings highlights for the week commencing 29 June 2024 are now on my TV Choice thread.

🆕↔️WHIRLWIND
    A sudden power clash between the prime minister and his deputy unravels the day the president suffers an assassination attempt.
    🖥️Netflix, now available

🆕⭕️SPENCER
    Drama following Princess Diana as she spends Christmas with the rest of the Royal Family in 1991 and pondering the dire state of her marriage.
    📲Channel 4, 9pm, Saturday.
    🖥️Channel 4 (online)

🆕↔️A GOOD GIRL’S GUIDE TO MURDER
    Pip, a teenager who displays a talent for solving crimes, decides to research the murder of a schoolgirl five years ago, for which she believes the wrong person was convicted.
    🖥️BBCi-Player, from Monday

🆕⭕️LIVING
    A rigid and formal English bureaucrat’s icy reserve begins to melt when a dire prognosis inspires him to build a surprising legacy.
    🖥️Netflix, from Wednesday

🆕↔️LOVE ME
    After the wife he cared for passes away unexpectedly, Glen decides to take the holiday he booked when his wife was alive and he then meets a free-spirited single woman with whom he falls in love. His adult children, who are taking hard the loss of their Mum, are themselves taking the plunge into new relationships but it is their Dad’s new love interest that throws them into confusion.
    📲W, 9pm, Wednesday.
    🖥️UKTV Play (box set)

🆕↔️MURDAUGH MURDERS
    Attorney Alex Murdaugh finds himself the prime suspect in connection with the murders of his wife and his son. Based on a true story.
    🖥️Paramount+, from Thursday

🆕↔️BEACON 23
    Aster arrives at a space lighthouse and meets Halan, who masquerades as Solomon, the man in charge of the lighthouse. Why the deception, and what has happened to Solomon? In the meantime, they are faced with an invasion by intergalactic scavengers and have to work together to repel them.

The full list of best dramas and new films can be found here until 5 July, and thereafter on the ‘Previous weeks’ thread.

OLD BOY
    January 6, 2023 at 11:54 AM
  • The full listings highlights for the week commencing 6 July 2024 are now on my TV Choice thread.

🆕↔️THE NIGHT CALLER
    A cab driver is incensed that his new girl friend is being intimidated by her abusive ex and decides to act. Added to that, the DJ he calls to air his worries turns out not to be the person he thought he was.
    📲Channel 5, 5pm, Sunday.
    🖥️My5

🆕↔️THE TURKISH DETECTIVE
    A homicide detective and his team investigate the murder of a student, which takes him to the dark underbelly of Istanbul.
    📲BBC2, 9pm, Sunday.
    🖥️BBCi-Player (complete box set)

🆕↔️THE GREAT
    The third season of this comedy drama begins. Catherine and Peter finally bite the bullet and try to work out a way to get on without killing each other.
    📲Channel 4, 10pm, Monday.
    🖥️Channel 4 (online) (complete box set)

🆕↔️SPENT
    Having recklessly spent her fortune, a famous model must now work out how to survive without it.
    📲BBC2, 10pm, Monday.
    🖥️BBCi-Player (complete box set)

🆕↔️SUNNY
    Comedy thriller. After having heard that her husband and son have died in a plane crash, Suzie is given a little robot for comfort. Then she starts to find well kept secrets that her husband had never told her about.
    🖥️Apple TV+, from Wednesday (shown weekly after the first two episodes.

🆕⭕️DIVORCE IN THE BLACK
    Psychological thriller about a woman whose husband suddenly decides to leave her. As she tries to salvage their marriage, she discovers a dark side to him that she had no idea existed.

🆕⭕️SENTINEL
    When three soldiers time-travel to save the survivors of an alien invasion, they are confronted with the guardian of the portal.
    🖥️Paramount+, from Friday

🆕⭕️TICKET TO PARADISE
    Divorced couple make a pact to do what they can to prevent the wedding of their daughter to a seaweed farmer, during the course of which they find renewed affection for each other.
    🖥️Netflix, from Friday

🆕↔️SISTERS
    When her mother dies, Sare discovers that her biological father was a busker. She decides to go and find him, but is shocked to come across a drunkard woman who lives a chaotic life.
    🖥️UKTV Play, from Friday

The full list of best dramas and new films can be found here until 12 July, and thereafter on the ‘Previous weeks’ thread.

OLD BOY
    January 13, 2023 at 11:59 AM
  • The full listings highlights for the week commencing 13 July 2024 are now on my TV Choice thread.

🆕⭕️SMILE
    When a psychiatrist displays an unnerving, twisted smile, she looks on as a patient commits suicide.
    🖥️Netflix, available now.

🆕↔️CHANGING ENDS
    Second season of this comedy about comedian Alan Carr’s early life.
    📲ITV1, 9pm, Saturday.
    🖥️ITVX

🆕↔️HIGH COUNTRY
    A detective finds himself having to solve five missing persons mysteries.
    📲BBC1, 9.10pm, Saturday.
    🖥️BBC i-Player

🆕⭕️APORIA
    An excellent science fiction drama in which a woman is given the opportunity to bring her dead husband back, but there are serious consequences awaiting.
    📲Sky Cinema Premiere, 6.10pm, Sunday.
    🖥️NOW

🆕↔️THE JETTY
    Jenna Coleman stars as PC Ember Manning, who is assigned to a boat hut fire at a sailing club her late husband owned. Theresa case turns out to be complex and personal.
    📲BBC1, 9pm, Monday.
    🖥️BBC iPlayer (complete box set)

🆕⭕️THE EYES OF TAMMY FAYE
    Biopic of Tammy Faye Baker, the TV evangelist whose husband damaged her career when he misused viewers cash for his business dealings.
    📲Film4, 9pm, Monday.
    🖥️Channel 4 (online)

🆕⭕️QUEENPINS
    Based on a true story, two extreme couponing champions turn to criminal activity to make their fortune.
    📲Film4, 9pm, Tuesday.
    🖥️Channel 4 (online)

🆕↔️SUSPECT
    A client tells his psychotherapist that he is a serial murderer.
    📲Channel 4, 9pm, Wednesday.
    🖥️Channel 4 (online) (complete box set)

🆕↔️QUANTUM LEAP
    Second season of this revamped version of the science fiction drama. Ben ends up aboard a cargo plane that is carrying a strange crate over Russia.

🆕⭕️MY SPY: THE ETERNAL CITY
    A CIA agent and his daughter find themselves in the middle of a terrorist plot concerning the Vatican.

🆕↔️COBRA KAI
    The sixth and final season of this drama series. The Sekai Taikai tournament beckons.
    🖥️Netflix , from Thursday (first part of this series available immediately, the next two parts available subsequently)

🆕↔️THOSE ABOUT TO DIE
    Sir Anthony Hopkins stars in this series set in 79AD, when audiences flocked to see the spectacle of the gladiators.
    🖥️Amazon Prime Video, from Friday

🆕↔️LADY IN THE LAKE
    A Jewish housewife becomes infatuated with a case of a vanishing young Jewish girl who vanishes during a Thanksgiving parade and becomes determined to solve the mystery.
    🖥️Apple TV+, from Friday

🆕⭕️YOUNG WOMAN AND THE SEA
    A true story about Trudy Ederle, who overcame barriers to become the first woman to swim the English Channel.
    🖥️Disney+, from Friday

The full list of best dramas and new films can be found on the OLD BOY’S TV AND STREAMING CHOICE thread until 19 July, and thereafter on the ‘Previous weeks’ thread.

• The full listings highlights for the week commencing 20 July 2024 are now on my TV Choice thread.

🆕⭕️UPROAR
    A boy yearns to pursue his acting talent, but his mother wants him to make a name for himself in rugby, which causes bitter resentment.
    📲Sky Cinema Premiere, 4pm, Saturday.
    🖥️NOW

🆕↔️LOVE & DEATH
    Drama based on a true story. When a secret affair is exposed, there is a dramatic attack that leads to a controversial court case.
    📲ITV1, 10pm, Saturday.
    🖥️ITVX (complete box set)

🆕⭕️FREE GUY
    An employee with a bank discovers that he is actually a background character in a video game.
    📲Film4, 9pm, Sunday.
    🖥️Channel 4 (online)

🆕↔️ELSBETH
    Not sure about this one. Elsbeth is the crazy attorney character you may recall from ‘The Good Wife’. This drama may be quite good and amusing, but alternatively it may turn out to be farcical and annoying. Might be worth giving it a go, but with a health warning. In the first season of this drama, Elsbeth goes to help the NYPD to investigate a student murder, but she is also expected to look at corruption within the force.
    📲Sky Witness, 9pm, Tuesday.
    🖥️NOW

🆕↔️TIME BANDITS
    11-year-old Kevin's parents are well aware of their son’s love of history, but he is taken aback when a time portal opens up in his room.
    🖥️Apple TV+, from Wednesday (two episodes per week)

🆕↔️THE DECAMERON
    Comedy series set in 1348 that those with a prudish disposition may wish to avoid. When a group of strangers from Florence arrive at an Italian village to escape the bubonic plague, they bring with them outrageous behaviour, which only gets worse as they wait for the pandemic to subside.
    🖥️Netflix, from Thursday

🆕↔️KLEO
    Second season of this thriller set in period following the fall of the Berlin Wall. Kleo Straub is determined to deliver brutal retaliation for those who have betrayed her.
    🖥️Netflix, from Thursday

🆕⭕️THE MINISTRY OF UNGENTLEMANLY WARFARE
    Action comedy about a ragtag group combatants who are tasked with the job of preventing U-boats from operating in the Atlantic. Based loosely on a true story.

🆕↔️TROPPO
    Second season of the crime drama. Amanda and Ted investigate a very strange murder mystery.
    🖥️Freevee, from Thursday

🆕↔️WHITSTABLE PEARL
    Season 2 begins. Dan is involved in a car accident while unbeknown to him, his son is discovered to have been hiding in the boot. But he is now missing, and his ex-wife accuses him of kidnapping their son.
    📲U & Drama, 9pm, Thursday.
    🖥️U

🆕⭕️WICKED LITTLE LETTERS
    Olivia Coleman and Jessie Buckley star in this comedy about the residents of a coastal town who start receiving nasty, sweary anonymous letters. But no-one can work out who is responsible, but that doesn’t stop speculation about who might be behind this tirade of abuse.
    🖥️Netflix, from Friday

The full list of best dramas and new films can be found on the OLD BOY’S TV AND STREAMING CHOICE thread until 26 July, and thereafter on the ‘Previous weeks’ thread.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!