The Phil and Holly Show

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • Why are the media flogging the story to death. Schofield did wrong - he admits it - Forget him, his TV career has been destroyed by himself. There's plenty of other people who can present TV programmes, Schofield is not needed......

Can you not see that the path is being laid for Schofield to come back?

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• He is vile.

8|Do not trade me a Rabbit and hand me a Hare. (I know the strain of species in Leporidae).

Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.

• Not only that, He is also a sexual deviant. For someone who was married with two children, his sexual encounters with other male/s is IMO perverted.

I agree. It sickened me when stupid people expressed their sorrow, as if he was some hero, instead of shitting on his wife and children, on live TV. I have no time for such slimeball people.

Its time the MSM got their priorities right. Nasty, immoral, celebs should be seen for what they are.

8|Do not trade me a Rabbit and hand me a Hare. (I know the strain of species in Leporidae).

Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.

• Not when he interviews other people and judges them. Its not whether people choose to ignore him or respect his privacy - the point is, this slimeball became headline news, mega style, 24/7. He was interviewed. His self-intratiating, narcissism, and fake crying deserved further scrutiny and severe criticism.

• If that is your point of view OB why do we have a thread about it on here?

Exactly. This is a brilliant forum. Generally speaking, a subject should not be constricted to a narrow path. If so the prevailing opinions will be those with power.

• If that is your point of view OB why do we have a thread about it on here?

The thread is relevant because people are talking about it. My point of view happens to be that too many people try to interfere in the lives of others.

No-one is perfect and we all make mistakes, so why is there a tendency to jump on other people when they make mistakes? That is the discussion from my point of view.

• I don't care about his sexual preferences any more than I care if he drinks Tea or Coffee.

I do care when he pretends to cry on TV while at the same time shafting his wife and children acting as if he was runner-up for the Victoria Cross.

I never rate celebs, I respect good celebs, but I never put them any better than my Amazon delivery man or the School Lollipop lady.

• Not only that, He is also a sexual deviant. For someone who was married with two children, his sexual encounters with other male/s is IMO perverted.

As I said before, I feel very, very sorry for his wife.

If nothing else, he is a cheat.

• I don't care about his sexual preferences any more than I care if he drinks Tea or Coffee.

I do care when he pretends to cry on TV while at the same time shafting his wife and children acting as if he was runner-up for the Victoria Cross.

I never rate celebs, I respect good celebs, but I never put them any better than my Amazon delivery man or the School Lollipop lady.

Agree.

And what this whole saga has shown, amongst other things.... is the power of celerity.

Schofield basically controlled ITV and did as he wished and nobody stopped him.

When did a presenter of what is essentially a daytime show for women, become so powerful?

• Very moralistic these days, aren’t we? Surely it’s his business, not ours.

Lots to unpick here, OB.

As I've just said to others, there's the cheating. There's the bullying at ITV, but the elephant in the room, is about what he really did and that is what the payoff is about.

As I linked to earlier in this thread, Schofield knew his partner when he was a boy. You can see the pictures. When it became apparent that his ex-boyfriend was going to start talking, Schofield paid him off. But what really does it for me, is his manipulation.

He knew his ex-boyfriend might start talking to the press, so Schofield came out, but denied doing anything illegal and there is no evidence that he did, except his constant contact with an underage boy... boys. There was more than one of them.

One day, the full story of this will come out, but why I disagree with you, is that he was such a prominent person and I do think it's right that for people in the public eye in such a position, we should hold them to lofty ideals.

• The thread is relevant because people are talking about it. My point of view happens to be that too many people try to interfere in the lives of others.

No-one is perfect and we all make mistakes, so why is there a tendency to jump on other people when they make mistakes? That is the discussion from my point of view.

But OK to jump on Trump?

Any person who performs to the public is fair game. Schofield is no different from John Major - Back To Basics - while shagging that female Tory MP.

Even the law on Defamation is applied to a higher bar when MPs and pubic figures play to the gallery.

• But OK to jump on Trump?

Any person who performs to the public is fair game. Schofield is no different from John Major - Back To Basics - while shagging that female Tory MP.

Even the law on Defamation is applied to a higher bar when MPs and pubic figures play to the gallery.

What 2 consenting adults get up to is none of our business. Neither Schofield or Major broke any laws that I know of and I don't accept the "fair game" notion just because someone's chosen profession is in the public eye.

I don't give a toss about Trump's (legal/consensual) sex life either. it's the criminality, the habitual lying, the grifting and everything that goes with it that makes him fair game.

• You dont know why you dislike Trump. If I felt so strongly against him as you do I would show evidence. How can anyone have credibility when they never show evidence?

So I can say, Frank Sinatra was a pedo - and thats that?

Why would I behave like that? Why would I fail to be self-aware?

It's my integrity that counts not whether I score a point here and there.

I have never seen the evidence, not once, from people who despise Trump - spouting their hatred of him, planting lies and accusations that have provenance or truth.

I dont like Starmer - Sunak - Biden and many more - I always back up what I claim, when I accuse them of something. Thats the way its done.

• You only have to listen to his garbled speeches to dislike him. He will not listen to people who disagree with him, and he sacks everyone who works for him if they don't fully support his crackpot ideas, he is an opportunist, a misogynist and just about every other 'ist' in the English language.

He is totally unsuitable as president - he would make a good dictator, though.

And an even better comedian. I would rather watch one of his performances than Michael McIntyre.

• You only have to listen to his garbled speeches to dislike him. He will not listen to people who disagree with him, and he sacks everyone who works for him if they don't fully support his crackpot ideas, he is an opportunist, a misogynist and just about every other 'ist' in the English language.

He is totally unsuitable as president - he would make a good dictator, though.

And an even better comedian. I would rather watch one of his performances than Michael McIntyre.

I would rather watch one of Biden's performances than Macintyre.

• I would rather watch one of Biden's performances than Macintyre.

They can be amusing too, albeit a little boring and embarrassing at times.

In my opinion, The Donald holds the trump card. It's all in the name!

Anyway, Echo, once again you have succeeded in hijacking the thread. Trump has nothing to do with Phil and Holly.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!