US election 2024

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • Trump seems to be doing well in the polls, but most American pundits think that moderate republicans will never vote for him again, after the "issues". So, it could be that we have Britain hating, IRA supporting Biden back in the White House, that's if he can remember where the place is.

And we think we have problems in this country... :)

• neither Trump or Biden should stand.

If they're the cream of the crop of US politics then the world's well on it's way to being totally fucked

I don’t subscribe to the idea that Biden is a UK hating IRA supporter with dementia but these no doubt in my mind that he’s passed his sell by date

Trump continues to destabilise his own country with his wild & unsubstantiated claims .

Both sides need to find new can candidates but at the moment it look unlikely

• neither Trump or Biden should stand.

If they're the cream of the crop of US politics then the world's well on it's way to being totally fucked

There are really, really, good politicians over there, but they're going through a phase between either they have to choose from a far left old git or far right old git.

• There are really, really, good politicians over there, but they're going through a phase between either they have to choose from a far left old git or far right old git.

Trump isn’t Far Right and Biden isn’t Far Left.

Biden is controlled by radical activists within the democrat movement and Trump isn’t controlled by anyone which is one of the reasons he is disliked by many.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• Trump isn’t Far Right and Biden isn’t Far Left.

Biden is controlled by radical activists within the democrat movement and Trump isn’t controlled by anyone which is one of the reasons he is disliked by many.

I think Trump is very right of centre, but I like his policies, on the whole. What worries me about him is his unpredictable personality and his disrespect for those he dislikes.

• I think Trump is very right of centre, but I like his policies, on the whole. What worries me about him is his unpredictable personality and his disrespect for those he dislikes.

He is an incredibly divisive figure , he still claims he won the last election despite no evidence to support his claim & he says he intends to pardon those people who rioted at the capitol

No doubt he will do the same if he looses next time , it may well lead to more violence

The interview with John Bolton talking about Trumps foreign policy is worth viewing

The US & the western world would be better off without him

• He is an incredibly divisive figure , he still claims he won the last election despite no evidence to support his claim & he says he intends to pardon those people who rioted at the capitol

No doubt he will do the same if he looses next time , it may well lead to more violence

Yes, there was no excuse for that behaviour. He went much too far.

• Yes, there was no excuse for that behaviour. He went much too far.

I agree, there is no need to do Trash Talk like a boxer in the run up to a fight.

I find myself laughing at some of the things he says but in the world of Politics is isn't the way things are done.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• Ok, perhaps Very Left and Very Right, then.

Even many within the Democrats view Biden as the most left leaning person they've ever head leading them.

Biden had very different views when he was younger, he was quite Conservative in his leanings, he has definitely experienced something of an epiphany in old age or maybe it is just dementia.

• I think Trump is very right of centre, but I like his policies, on the whole. What worries me about him is his unpredictable personality and his disrespect for those he dislikes.

Seriously? He's currently advocating using the national debt as as bargaining tool and suggesting to "make America great again" by defaulting on it!! I'm sure the global economy would just love that.

He's totally deranged. He's even whipping up his god-fearing, gun-totting, brain dead followers with tweets about prosecutors (their families and all their friends by association) committing treason by having the nerve to investigate him. That's as good as putting a bounty on their heads for some of those morons and the scary thing is..... he knows it.

It's not like he doesn't know how that kind of language plays out. It's basically same tactic he employed that lead to Jan 6th... ie, whip 'em up, point them in the right direction, stand back and plead ignorance.

Only a lunatic would continually claim to be able to end the war in Ukraine inside 24 hours of being in office by making one phone-call because the Putins, Uns and Xi's of this world all hold him in such very high regard.

• So it’s official De-Santis is running .

There will be fireworks

I've heard the senator out of South Carolina is also preparing a run. If he's the one I think he is the 'Handmaids Tale' would look like a reality show if he got in. He's a right religious nut

• De-Santis appears to be positioning himself as a sort more sensible version of Trump

It will be interesting to see how he attempts to lure the Trump faithful to his side without going directly head to head with Trump .

Looks like a tough task

• De-Santis appears to be positioning himself as a sort more sensible version of Trump

It will be interesting to see how he attempts to lure the Trump faithful to his side without going directly head to head with Trump .

Looks like a tough task

Would be difficult to position oneself as a less sensible version I'd have thought.

Has the Donald glued the CAPS LOCK button down and started slagging him off yet?

• Seriously? He's currently advocating using the national debt as as bargaining tool and suggesting to "make America great again" by defaulting on it!! I'm sure the global economy would just love that.

He's totally deranged. He's even whipping up his god-fearing, gun-totting, brain dead followers with tweets about prosecutors (their families and all their friends by association) committing treason by having the nerve to investigate him. That's as good as putting a bounty on their heads for some of those morons and the scary thing is..... he knows it.

It's not like he doesn't know how that kind of language plays out. It's basically same tactic he employed that lead to Jan 6th... ie, whip 'em up, point them in the right direction, stand back and plead ignorance.

Only a lunatic would continually claim to be able to end the war in Ukraine inside 24 hours of being in office by making one phone-call because the Putins, Uns and Xi's of this world all hold him in such very high regard.

You’ve just highlighted some of the things I don’t like about him!

• "It is easier for a camel to travel through the eye of a needle than for a politician to get into heaven." (With apologies to the Biblical original.)

• Would be difficult to position oneself as a less sensible version I'd have thought.

Has the Donald glued the CAPS LOCK button down and started slagging him off yet?

Yes. Trump calls him Ron de Sanctimonious 🤣

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!