US election 2024

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • Although I'm not really enthused by Haley, I suppose she is the best of the bunch and I still think there is a slim chance for her if she can hold out and wait and see what happens with Trump in his many trials.

• Quote from my Florida-resident friend, the libertarian.

'I wouldn't trust Rhonda to be Dog Catcher'.

Sums up what real Republicans think of Trumpists.

• DE-Santis went turn-coat. I was a big fan of his. He passed laws in Florida wiping out any form of the leftist woke bollox. Including CRT and men in drag reaching young children as well as Men who claim to be a woman from entering in Female sports events. He was/is very popular as Florida Governor.

I hope Trump does not give him the job of VP if he wins the presidency. De Santis is not a person one can trust.

He plays with the hare and the hounds.

Haley is a total dipstick. The brains of a rocking horse.

8|Do not trade me a Rabbit and hand me a Hare. (I know the strain of species in Leporidae).

Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.

• Although I'm not really enthused by Haley, I suppose she is the best of the bunch and I still think there is a slim chance for her if she can hold out and wait and see what happens with Trump in his many trials.

I’m going to snap my fingers and you will be back in the room.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• It wasn't just about slavery, no, but it was a major factor, which Haley seems to have repeatedly "forgotten" for some reason.

She actually said "I think the cause of the Civil War was basically how government was going to run. The freedoms and what people could and couldn't do." and one of those things the government was not going to allow people to do was keep slaves. The BIG issue though was how the government had neglected the South for many years leaving their economy dependent on slavery.

Not a lot of people know that Lincoln was a Republican [/Michael Caine mode]

• I watched her being questioned on this and it almost had to be beaten out of her to acknowledge that slavery was a major factor. Considering her Indian heritage, I am very surprised she seems to show such little understand of such things.

For me, that's a big enough red flag.

• Considering the positions she has held it seems Mr Trump must be bloody good given he wiped the floor with her.

He comments to do with Slavery, is her Starmer feck-up woke day. As in "men with penis ..............."

If you are a person of integrity who speaks the truth you never have a problem answering any question because your mind is not bullshitting. People prefer the truth. You can then support or not support that person but you will still recognise they have integrity.

If you ask me about immigration, for example, I will not have a problem expressing what I believe, YOUR FEELINGS, will not impact my truth. I will say, OUTRIGHT and with complete comfort - "I want closed borders to illegals" - it matters not whether you like what I have said.

People respect most honest politicians. Even if they disagree with them.

As I said before, this is the only reason Ed Miliband was not elected as PM. He was pushing an open door and yet failed. He failed because people saw his duplicity. He could never answer a direct question because he did not want to offend people. That is the first sign of a bad LEADER.

We all know, those of us who are in tune with reality, the US Civil War was about slavery, in the main.

The Falklands was about Trespass - via military invasion. It was not about oil or Fish or position. The principle - you can not allow another country to attack/invade your land. Ed Miliband and some others would never send our troops/RAF/Navy to take on the Argentinians.

8|Do not trade me a Rabbit and hand me a Hare. (I know the strain of species in Leporidae).

Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.

• She actually said "I think the cause of the Civil War was basically how government was going to run. The freedoms and what people could and couldn't do." and one of those things the government was not going to allow people to do was keep slaves. The BIG issue though was how the government had neglected the South for many years leaving their economy dependent on slavery.

Not a lot of people know that Lincoln was a Republican [/Michael Caine mode]

It is a very quietly spoken fact that it was Republicans that fought against slavery whilst what turned into the Democrats fought to keep slavery.

Democrat president Lyndon Johnson allegedly said during the end of the civil rights movement “if we are going to give (racial slur) the vote, then let’s make sure those (racial slur) vote democrat” -that is an approximation of what it is alleged he said. Johnson was not a pleasant man although if one episode of The Crown is to be believed Princess Margaret charmed the pants off him and secured a bail out for the Bank of England.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• The Democrats wanted to keep slavery.

What political party was formed to stop the spread of slavery?

The Free Soil Party was a short-lived coalition political party in the United States active from 1848 to 1854, when it merged into the Republican Party. The party was largely focused on the single issue of opposing the expansion of slavery into the western territories of the United States.

Hundreds of thousands of people died to end slavery. The Constitution already protected ALL Citizens. Black and white. As we see today the Democrats do not give a gnat's crotchet for the Constitution.

Biden also supported slavery.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!