US election 2024

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • What makes you think it's only his politics I dislike?

Would I like him more if he were a liberal? Not a cat in hell's chance assuming that's all that would be different about him.

He makes my skin crawl, always has - always will. Some find his antics entertaining because he's basically giving the political classes the finger (when he's not doing that to E Jean Carroll), but I've always found him cringeworthy at best and a lying piece of self obsessed crap the rest of the time

Which of his policies don't you like ?

• It’s a bit late to be thinking of someone to replace Biden now, surely?

Kamala Harris hasn’t exactly made a name for herself during Biden’s presidency, whereas she could have done a good job of propping him up if she was any good.

Kamala Harris' approval rating as voices grow for Joe Biden replacement
    The Democratic Party would find it very difficult to remove Biden from the ticket despite some calls for him to step aside.
    www.newsweek.com
  • The VP job is just a nothing job. I don't know why they bother with it.

I was watching Biden live during his speech about Navalny the other day and it didn't make good viewing.... Biden looked confused, lost his train of thought and I am 100% certain he has dementia now. I'm not sure that he will last to the end of the year, going by his rate of decline which mirrored my mum's condition, almost exactly.

If the vp job were a genuine one, Biden would be removed from office by now and Harris put in his place.

• Which of his policies don't you like ?

Show me the list of what platform of policies he's standing on come November and we can debate them if you want. I struggle to pick any out due to the sheer volume of word salad bullshit he spouts and being as I have nothing but contempt for him as a human being, patiently waiting for him to say anything meaningful is a bit of a tall order.

But, for starters... I disagree with the notion that any bloke has the right to have the final word on what a woman can or can't do with her own body - an "achievement" he now boasts about being solely responsible for with the overturning of Roe v Wade and abortion rights.

Setting aside all the tasteless BS he spouts at rallies about how the democrats are killing babies up to and even beyond full term pregnancies (sounding like a modern day Salem witchfinder) he's not even being consistent with his own argument.

He's on record as being anti-abortion (which is fair enough), but at the same time claimed he was more about the right to choose and that the latter trumped (sorry about the pun) the former. How and why should anyone have faith in a bloke who can't even be straight with himself?

Whatever happened to those "rights of the individual" he once supposedly championed?

I know people having rights is a massive No-No in Dictator school and in recent years he seems to have become increasingly in awe of that form of unaccountable "do what I say not what I do" form of hard nosed government, so be careful what you wish for in your Trump worship.

it's only a matter of time when the fall guy for his divisive brand of politics turns from being the other guy to being you. It's only a matter of 'when' not 'if' that happens. Your loyalty to this arsehole is totally one sided. He'd stiff you in a heartbeat if it was in his self interest. His type always have and always will.

• It’s a bit late to be thinking of someone to replace Biden now, surely?

Kamala Harris hasn’t exactly made a name for herself during Biden’s presidency, whereas she could have done a good job of propping him up if she was any good.

https://www.newsweek.com/kamala-harris-…acement-1871164

She is despised by most Americans and most black Americans.

8|Do not trade me a Rabbit and hand me a Hare. (I know the strain of species in Leporidae).

Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.

• I asked for Trump Policies and you can't give me one you don't agree with so you go on about his opposition to abortion ? Let me tell you a few things about abortion and especially in the USA. In some states, a termination can be performed at full term, that means a fully formed baby can be terminated. The procedure for this I won't go into but if you want to see how it works take a look on Google. In other states the maximum gestation period is 2nd trimester - again a baby that can survive early birth at 24 weeks. Wade vs Roe allowed this which was (quite rightly) overturned by the Supreme Court. The UK maximum gestational age is around 13 weeks.

You go on about "the rights of the individual" (see bold) but at 2nd and 3rd trimester of pregnancy, you don't seem to bothered about the rights of the baby (an individual at this point). When Trump championed the rights of the individual, he was right to include babies.

Blair was also pro-life as a catholic, as most catholics, and christians are. Trump isn't on his own here, he shares the same views as billions of people around the world including catholic democrats. Thanks the the supreme court each state defines its abortion laws and maximum gestational age which cannot be overruled by people using Roe vs Wade to have abortions much later in pregnancy and even at full term any more.

If the supreme courts decision to overturn Roe vs Wade was so bad then Biden would have campaigned to overturn it again right ?

• You believe that Biden is driving the current political agenda in the USA?

Hang on Shanks.. this is starting to sound like Bully's Prize board.

"Innnn 1" Dementia, physical frailty and general old age.

"Innnn 2" Criminal mastermind that has managed to hide any evidence of wrong doing despite an ongoing investigation in congress by team projection...sorry I mean... the team MAGA Republicans who so far have only managed to conclude that he's Hunter's father and talks to him on the phone from time to time. (If being the dad of a drug user disqualified people from being President let's not exclude Don Jnr from scrutiny. He's clearly off his tits more times than not when being interviewed).

"Innnn 3" he's a cognitively challenged willing puppet pretending to be President masking Obama's third term.

Which is it? Can't be all 3. So why all the flip flopping?

• I asked for Trump Policies and you can't give me one you don't agree with so you go on about his opposition to abortion ? Let me tell you a few things about abortion and especially in the USA. In some states, a termination can be performed at full term, that means a fully formed baby can be terminated. The procedure for this I won't go into but if you want to see how it works take a look on Google. In other states the maximum gestation period is 2nd trimester - again a baby that can survive early birth at 24 weeks. Wade vs Roe allowed this which was (quite rightly) overturned by the Supreme Court. The UK maximum gestational age is around 13 weeks.

You go on about "the rights of the individual" (see bold) but at 2nd and 3rd trimester of pregnancy, you don't seem to bothered about the rights of the baby (an individual at this point). When Trump championed the rights of the individual, he was right to include babies.

Blair was also pro-life as a catholic, as most catholics, and christians are. Trump isn't on his own here, he shares the same views as billions of people around the world including catholic democrats. Thanks the the supreme court each state defines its abortion laws and maximum gestational age which cannot be overruled by people using Roe vs Wade to have abortions much later in pregnancy and even at full term any more.

If the supreme courts decision to overturn Roe vs Wade was so bad then Biden would have campaigned to overturn it again right ?

Banning the right to a woman deciding for herself whether or no to abort a non viable fetus by introducing rules where a panel of State officials and not the woman has the final say on the matter doesn't sound like "the land of the free" to me.

Citing extreme examples without naming States or the details behind individual cases doesn't cut it with me. it simply poses more questions... for instance...are you saying that a pregnancy that's potentially life threatening to the mother can't be terminated without State approval?

As far as I'm concerned a lot of this centers around a desire to impose one's religious beliefs onto others and criminalize those that don't subscribe to said belief... how very First Amendment Right that AINT.

As I said, i'm not totally sure what his policies are other than the soundbite BS he spouts that gets splashed all over the networks. BS like... "I'll be a dictator for a day and on that day i'll be signing off on a wall, on the immediate internment and deportation of anyone I don't want in the country, reining in environmental policy and smashing out even more fossil fuel...drill baby drill" and that's without the hints he's giving about getting out of NATO and holding countries that need aid financial hostage to whatever foreign policy ideas he might dream up in the future.

That's all just icing on the Dick cake as far as I'm concerned.

• Banning the right to a woman deciding for herself whether or no to abort a non viable fetus by introducing rules where a panel of State officials and not the woman has the final say on the matter doesn't sound like "the land of the free" to me.

Citing extreme examples without naming States or the details behind individual cases doesn't cut it with me. it simply poses more questions... for instance...are you saying that a pregnancy that's potentially life threatening to the mother can't be terminated without State approval?

As far as I'm concerned a lot of this centers around a desire to impose one's religious beliefs onto others and criminalize those that don't subscribe to said belief... how very First Amendment Right that AINT.

As I said, i'm not totally sure what his policies are other than the soundbite BS he spouts that gets splashed all over the networks. BS like... "I'll be a dictator for a day and on that day i'll be signing off on a wall, on the immediate internment and deportation of anyone I don't want in the country, reining in environmental policy and smashing out even more fossil fuel...drill baby drill" and that's without the hints he's giving about getting out of NATO and holding countries that need aid financial hostage to whatever foreign policy ideas he might dream up in the future.

That's all just icing on the Dick cake as far as I'm concerned.

There was no ban on women deciding for themselves whether or not to have an abortion. A foetus is "viable" (as you call it) and capable of living from around 24 weeks. These aren't extreme examples, they are exactly how Roe vs Wade has been used to create and allow these extreme examples, over-ruling state laws, which prevent abortions after 24 weeks (as an example).

There is also the right of the child, a mother shouldn't need over 24 weeks to decide whether to keep the baby or not as it is in the UK and other countries. States banning abortion altogether can still have abortions by mothers travelling to sanctuary states or by mail order medication (as they did in Ireland in previous years).

And so it turns out you don't know any of Trumps policies, you just hate him because .... erm... ???? . I don't paricularly like the bloke either, but in any civilised western democracy you can't go politicising your legal system just so the public can't vote for him. Thats totally undemocratic and against the USA constitution. If you don't want Trump as President, then vote for someone else - thats the choice a democratic society has.

As for Trumps wall look what Bidens open borders have done to the USA. You think thats good yes ?

• There is also the right of the child, a mother shouldn't need over 24 weeks to decide whether to keep the baby or not as it is in the UK and other countries. States banning abortion altogether can still have abortions by mothers travelling to sanctuary states or by mail order medication (as they did in Ireland in previous years).

So the woman has to travel (not knowing whether or not she'll be prosecuted upon her return to her home state0 or buy a DIY kit. That's fine by you is it? Failing that it's subject to a judicial review from what's likely to be overwhelming made up of of middle-aged to elderly god bothering MEN!! From what I can tell there's about a dozen states that have now made abortion illegal accept in circumstances they deem valid.

So glad I'm neither American or female.

• So the woman has to travel (not knowing whether or not she'll be prosecuted upon her return to her home state0 or buy a DIY kit. That's fine by you is it? Failing that it's subject to a judicial review from what's likely to be overwhelming made up of of middle-aged to elderly god bothering MEN!! From what I can tell there's about a dozen states that have now made abortion illegal accept in circumstances they deem valid.

So glad I'm neither American or female.

She won't be prosecuted. What on earth are you on about ? It was the same in Ireland when the Irish used our NHS for the same thing.

If anything, aborting a full term baby should be a criminal offence the same as it is here, unless there is substantial medical evidence to do so. You seem to think aborting a baby is contraception, its not.

Your talking out of your arse.

• ... so it turns out you don't know any of Trumps policies, you just hate him because .... erm... ???? . I don't paricularly like the bloke either, but in any civilised western democracy you can't go politicising your legal system just so the public can't vote for him. Thats totally undemocratic and against the USA constitution. If you don't want Trump as President, then vote for someone else - thats the choice a democratic society has.

Couple of things.... firstly, doesn't the wall, the immediate deportations, the reining in of climate policy and increasing fossil fuel production count as policy?

Secondly, you're also taking about a system that doesn't permit a non US born candidate from running, or a really good president standing for a third term, so complaining about a system that might want to include criminals to that list of exclusions seems a tad rich.

Weird that Trump is more than happy when the supreme court says that individual States can independently determine a woman's rights but gets up in arms at the thought of them not wanting him on their ballot.

Poll after poll has shown that the US public would prefer anyone other than Trump or Biden on the ballot - so whatever "choice" you're claiming the public has I'm kinda struggling to spot.

Trump's only standing because (short of being granted a presidential pardon) the alternative probably involves some kind of incarceration for the rest of his days so he's only running on self interest and revenge for daring to hold him accountable.

God only knows why Biden's going again. Can only assume his other half has talked him into thinking it's a good idea and promised him he could have a tub of Ben and Jerry's for breakfast everyday if he stood again.

Some choice that is!!

• She won't be prosecuted. What on earth are you on about ? It was the same in Ireland when the Irish used our NHS for the same thing.

If anything, aborting a full term baby should be a criminal offence the same as it is here, unless there is substantial medical evidence to do so. You seem to think aborting a baby is contraception, its not.

Your talking out of your arse.

So if it's illegal to do something in the state you live in - but you can simply drive across a county line , commit said illegal activity in the adjoining State and return home without any form of repercussion.... what's the point of the legislation?

Who's talking full term abortion here? I'm certainly not, so you can park that one up. I've not shared my personal opinions on the subject either let alone condoned abortion as a form of contraception so please don't try putting words in my arse.

Who do you think you are .... Roger De Courcey?

• You're not making any sense at all now. Trump built the wall because of national security, which worked well. Biden tore it down and now millions of illegal immigrants have flooded into the USA overwhelming infrastructure and causing a huge housing, crime and drugs crisis. Immediate deportings of illegal immigrants is exactly what the USA should be doing, as we should be here. As for rowing back on net zero, that is also the sensible thing to do. Acheiving net zero is a stupid idea based which will destroy the USA economy, make people cold and hungry. Trump was right to pull out of the Paris Agreement (if thats what you mean) because the markets are going in a greener direction anyway - why get fined millions and millions of $$$ through arbitrary targets when your going in that direction anyway and the $$$ can be spent at home instead.

Trump is standing because its his choice. Thats a democratic right. Biden is running because the rigged 2020 election can't be re-run with a different candidate and there is no other "trojan horse" available to stand there as a jibbering fool while the decisions and policies are being made by the unelected hard left. No other candidate gets more votes in the polls than Trump. Nobody.

As for the "non-USA born" candidate - Obama is your man on that one.

• Hang on Shanks.. this is starting to sound like Bully's Prize board.

"Innnn 1" Dementia, physical frailty and general old age.

"Innnn 2" Criminal mastermind that has managed to hide any evidence of wrong doing despite an ongoing investigation in congress by team projection...sorry I mean... the team MAGA Republicans who so far have only managed to conclude that he's Hunter's father and talks to him on the phone from time to time. (If being the dad of a drug user disqualified people from being President let's not exclude Don Jnr from scrutiny. He's clearly off his tits more times than not when being interviewed).

"Innnn 3" he's a cognitively challenged willing puppet pretending to be President masking Obama's third term.

Which is it? Can't be all 3. So why all the flip flopping?

Those three issues are not mutually exclusive in any way whatsoever. It is entirely possible and probable that they are independent and concurrent issues.

Item 1. Biden is cognitively deficient. Any suggestion that he simply has a stammer is laughable. He is displaying many symptoms of dementia or similar cognitive decline. Its horrible for him and I wish him no ill whatsoever but clearly he is not in good shape and it is impacting his performance.

Item 2. I don't think there has been any obscuring of criminal wrongdoing, what we have is the lack of political will or stomach to investigate in any thorough manner. The Biden's have links to Ukraine and China which may or may not be legitimate. Biden's son Hunter has numerous indiscretions with drugs and firearms and a job role at executive level in Ukraine for fields of expertise he does not possess at a fantastic salary. All very suspicious and not thoroughly investigated.

Item 3. If item 1 is true (and it is) then it begs the question who is running the USA? Rumours of Obama's cold hand steering things in the background have been around for ages, but clearly that is just unsubstantiated rumour and just imagine the shit storm if that turned out to be true. Unconstitutional is one word that springs to mind and the means by which the situation came about (insert conspiracy theory here) would make the plot of a great movie. Maybe we have lived through it and just don't know it yet...

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• Those three issues are not mutually exclusive in any way whatsoever. It is entirely possible and probable that they are independent and concurrent issues.

Item 1. Biden is cognitively deficient. Any suggestion that he simply has a stammer is laughable. He is displaying many symptoms of dementia or similar cognitive decline. Its horrible for him and I wish him no ill whatsoever but clearly he is not in good shape and it is impacting his performance.

Item 2. I don't think there has been any obscuring of criminal wrongdoing, what we have is the lack of political will or stomach to investigate in any thorough manner. The Biden's have links to Ukraine and China which may or may not be legitimate. Biden's son Hunter has numerous indiscretions with drugs and firearms and a job role at executive level in Ukraine for fields of expertise he does not possess at a fantastic salary. All very suspicious and not thoroughly investigated.

Item 3. If item 1 is true (and it is) then it begs the question who is running the USA? Rumours of Obama's cold hand steering things in the background have been around for ages, but clearly that is just unsubstantiated rumour and just imagine the shit storm if that turned out to be true. Unconstitutional is one word that springs to mind and the means by which the situation came about (insert conspiracy theory here) would make the plot of a great movie. Maybe we have lived through it and just don't know it yet...

Do I think he's in decline? Yes. But beyond that a lot of what you're saying is just tin hat wishful thinking especially regarding item 2 because that dreaded "E" word I keep asking you about keeps raising it's head... evidence.

It would appear the latest of the MAGA republicans smoking gun whistleblowers has just been indicted for lying to Congress about what he apparently claimed was going on. The lack of credible testimony from witnesses is only outshone by the total lack of any physical evidence. All that emerged from their deep dive into Hunter thus far has been the dick pics of Hunter Biden that Marjorie Taylor Greene has an unhealthy obsession with.

As for item 3... how does a bloke who's as cognitively impaired as you reckon he is not give the game away every time he's infront of camera if he's simply a front for another Obama lead administration?

Besides, for every example of cognitive decline in Biden there's at least one matching example of it on full display with Trump (who would himself become the oldest President ever sworn in if he wins come November - a minor detail brushed under the carpet when it suits)

Swap Biden's kids for Trump's (and give them official roles in gov't which Hunter hasn't had) and Ukraine for places like Saudi Arabia and apparent actual evidence to show that clan Trump trousered billions from some rather unsavory regimes during Trump's time in office (again conveniently overlooked).

Whatever drug problem Hunter Biden had is on full current display with Donny Junior. He's clearly off his tits most the time.

Donald hung around and partied with Epstein, brags about how his fame allowed him to finger relative strangers and get away with it, has been effectively convicted of rape, had multiple affairs, been accused of having golden shower parties with hookers and is about to be in court surrounding his hush money payments to porn stars... and Biden's the supposed pervert?

When the Democrats describe a lot of what's going on as "projection" my eyes and ears are finding it difficult to argue that they aren't wrong.

Doesn't excuse Biden of anything he might have done, but when most of the evidence that's out there consistently points in one direction and there's not much else other than wishful thinking pointing the other way - why the rush to defend the established guilty party by pointing fingers at the other? it makes zero logical sense to me

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!