Time is running out for the people in the submersible

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • Missing Titanic submersible: Why oxygen timeline on sub may not be so fixed
    Conditions aboard could be experienced differently person-to-person, experts say.
    www.bbc.co.uk

Frankly, I don’t rate their chances now. Even if they are found, it will take so long to work out how to get it to the surface and then get them all out, they will have been dead for many hours.

It’s a shame and it’s upsetting, but what on Earth possessed them to take on this challenge?

As soon as I saw what they were doing and the fact that they were all being screwed in like that I knew it was too dangerous. This is one of those rare occasions where I am genuinely sorry to have been proved right.

• Always have a "What If" plan no matter what you are attempting to do.

IMHO there should have been a second submersible standing by, also communications are so important so secondary communications should have been set up. It would be inconceivable to attach the submersible to the mother ship via an umbilical cord as the depth is so great, but sonar can be of help to allow the mother ship to track the submersible's progress.

Sadly it would appear that the rescue attempt is unsuccessful.

The Voice of Reason

• Sadly yes time is against them , for all we know the sub may have imploded in its decent or less air on board than first thought which ran out ,

• Maybe so, Fred, but that submersible was an obvious death trap. You wouldn't have got me on there for love nor money.

What amazes me is that there were warnings about safety before the event took place, so why was it not prevented from operating?

• Maybe so, Fred, but that submersible was an obvious death trap. You wouldn't have got me on there for love nor money.

What amazes me is that there were warnings about safety before the event took place, so why was it not prevented from operating?

From what other submariner experts have stated yes a death trap one dive too often , yes a good question why were they allowed to continue, I see a full investigation and possible legal action taken against the owners and designer , and relatives suing for compensation

• I think I may try to build a Lego submarine next week :rolleyes: There was either a severe lack of intelligence by those rich folk or they where caught in the excitement of it all and talked into it. This has to be one of the most craziest things I have seen in the news in long time. A f..ing PS4 controller FFS! At least they died a quick death. No pain or suffering or any warning....one nano second your here the next nano second your gone. Their dust on the Ocean floor now. Better than slowly suffocating IMO.

The problem now is how can they prevent this happening in the future. Anyone can do what they want on International waters within maritime law and the Titanic is a commercial vessel. If it was military ie a war grave I believe there could be a way of classing it as such and a no go territory but I don't believe a grave for a commercial vessel is seen as the same.

You know it's easier to fly to the moon than go to the bottom of the Sea at those kind of depths. The difference being that an Astronaut is protected from the environment in a complete survival system. When diving we work with the environment, a diver absorbs breathing gases under pressure and there are similarities with pressure on materials. If you don't want to implode you have to be able equalise to ambient outside pressure and temperature also has an effect on this. You can't just take a material like Carbon Fibre, Titanium etc and accept that it will be strong enough to withhold the pressure of a 1000ATM or whatever. Water pressure can be bad enough on the ears at only a few metres if you don't equalise. There was an air space in that sub so how did they equalise? not to mention having any redundancy systems in place. Did they have a spare PS4 controller in case one broke :rolleyes: This has to be one of the maddest things since divers put a barrel over their head.

By the way we currently have 1ATM, atmospheric pressure pushing down on us and keeping us on the ground. Amazing that our head can carry the weight of the clouds :P

My Sonar is picking up an Echo around here

• Now we are hearing that people want to raise that imploded wreck of the mini sub.. NO... Leave it on the sea bottom it's now a grave site. The last thing sensible people want is further loss of life in a futile attempt to raise the wreck. It's fraught with danger and totally unnecessary..

The Voice of Reason

• Now we are hearing that people want to raise that imploded wreck of the mini sub.. NO... Leave it on the sea bottom it's now a grave site. The last thing sensible people want is further loss of life in a futile attempt to raise the wreck. It's fraught with danger and totally unnecessary..

I agree there is only scrap metal scattered on the sea bed, there are no bodies to recover pulverised by the pressure , there will be IMHO a Coroners Inquiry into the tragedy and probably law suites against the person or persons who designed the submersible and the company who sold basically tickets to see the Titanic .

According to the Media others who dive into the abyss of the depths warned the owner of the company that their submersible was not safe and were apparently ignored

• Th

Now we are hearing that people want to raise that imploded wreck of the mini sub.. NO... Leave it on the sea bottom it's now a grave site. The last thing sensible people want is further loss of life in a futile attempt to raise the wreck. It's fraught with danger and totally unnecessary..

They have brought up some of the submersible to the surface .

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/missing-titanic-submarine-debris

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!