When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • At first glance, Sky Glass sounded like a good idea, but as I found out more, I started to have my doubts. I didn’t like the fact that if you purchased this TV, you would be wedded to Sky to get all the features of the device. Then I thought about multi-room, and that did it for me.

Sky has now developed its offering on Sky Glass to incorporate Sky Camera.

Sky launches Sky Live camera
    Sky has unveiled its Sky Live device. The new interactive camera brings new ways to share TV moments with family and friends, work out, play and video call –
    advanced-television.com

It still doesn’t appeal. What is this - a cross between a sort of family Gogglebox and a poor man’s games machine? What do you think?

• People want to choose their own tvs and besides, now that Sky has launched sky stream, there is no need for glass.

I know Sky recently dropped their prices, but the sales for glass are not good and I don't see them continuing to sell this product for too many years into the future.

• I have heard that the picture quality is poor. This became the TV on which Glass is constructed is very very average at best.

It’s a convenience option which will suit some people but, if you are into selecting your own components this is a Sky offering to avoid.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• People want to choose their own tvs and besides, now that Sky has launched sky stream, there is no need for glass.

I know Sky recently dropped their prices, but the sales for glass are not good and I don't see them continuing to sell this product for too many years into the future.

I agree. This sounds like a desperate attempt to revive the idea.

The Roku TVs excite me more than Sky Glass.

Roku – Streaming Devices and Smart TVs | Roku United Kingdom
    Roku provides the simplest way to stream entertainment to your TV. On your terms. Access more than 150,000+ movies and TV episodes across free and paid…
    www.roku.com
  • I like where these Roku TV's are heading but their still no match for the big brands like LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Sony etc. It's the Roku OS that really appeals to me. I would never have an Android OS.

My Sonar is picking up an Echo around here

• I like where these Roku TV's are heading but their still no match for the big brands like LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Sony etc. It's the Roku OS that really appeals to me. I would never have an Android OS.

The customers will decide. ;)

• Yep and those customers that care about good picture quality do not choose a Roku TV...and this is mostly the states and Roku have yet to make a proper market here.

My Sonar is picking up an Echo around here

• Yep and those customers that care about good picture quality do not choose a Roku TV...and this is mostly the states and Roku have yet to make a proper market here.

I care very much about picture quality. I haven't inspected one of these sets yet, but it has 4K and HDR.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!