Vapes are not safe - they carry worrying health risks

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • Know the Risks: E-cigarettes & Young People | U.S. Surgeon General’s Report
    E-cigarettes and youth don't mix. It's time to get the science-based facts from the U.S. Surgeon General.
    e-cigarettes.surgeongeneral.gov

I will never understand why the government allowed vapes to be sold to the general public. They were originally supported because they offered a way to wean smokers off tobacco.

But instead of making them available on prescription to smokers trying to give up, they made them freely available in the shops. We have effectively introduced a product of variable quality, which may well be more dangerous than cigarettes, to the general population. Many children now use vapes as well, endangering their overall health and with impacts on their brain development.

Has common sense and foresight gone out of the window?

• The amount of people vaping, at least in my area, I find quite disturbing.

Every other person in front of me along the streets seems to be vaping and I get hit with the wall of their smoke..

But to answer the question, yes, common sense has gone out of the window. It's replaced (or is replacing) one dangerous product with another.

• Inhaling anything other than God's clean air is obviously bad for you. Who knows what health issues this is going to result in?

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!