Apple at $3 trillion

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • And it's all earned through planned obsolescence and ripping customers off. The right to repair being one of them. Nice environmentally friendly company that is :whistling:

• The functional density of modern phones, tablets and laptops makes them impossible to repair for all but some simple faults. Apple spent $26B on research and development last year producing products at the risk that we might not like them. That $3T has been earned.

The staff here send me bizarre messages I'm barred from replying to and now I'm blocked from starting new conversations. icon_rolleyes.gif

This place could have been good but 'could' is so last tense. I'll be back, maybe but no one hold their breath.

• And it's all earned through planned obsolescence and ripping customers off. The right to repair being one of them. Nice environmentally friendly company that is :whistling:

Apple provide a new iPhone every year with marginal design updates and new technologies. I actually like the iPhone, it just munches through anything I want to do and it is reliable, stable and lasts a long time. My iPhone 11 is still going strong with no need to change it for now, the battery is still good for a day or two and the cameras are excellent. There is no need to change year after year unless you desire the latest tech all the time.

The other side of Apple is the Apple ecosystem and the tracking and privacy risks but this really comes down to whether it bothers you or not and what you are using your phone for. To get the most out of it you have to embrace the technology and all that it entails. I understand about the potential dystopia of your phone being scanned and then services denied on the basis of something you said on Twitter. If I gave up my Iphone would I stop being tracked? Nope, there are ther systems that I neother own or control that are tracking me all the time so what can I do? I may as well enjoy the technology I have rather than getting bent out of shape trying to stay in the shadows, they can see you anyway, wherever you are, whatever you are going. They even know when you are trying to avoid being seen so you only draw attention to yourself.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• The iPhone (I'm on my third since 2012) is a superb piece of kit but the modern Androids are very good too and arguably Apple should be forced to open up iOS and their App store to other platform suppliers as google do.

On the other hand I find the Apple Mac and iPad poor platforms for computer based browsing and projects and so am typing this on a Microsoft Surface tablet/laptop. And guess what, that is even less repairable than an iPhone and its battery is well gone and gorilla tape and ribbon have been employed to replace a kickstand hinge. BangHead.gif

The staff here send me bizarre messages I'm barred from replying to and now I'm blocked from starting new conversations. icon_rolleyes.gif

This place could have been good but 'could' is so last tense. I'll be back, maybe but no one hold their breath.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!