Sexual allegations against BBC star

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • Well, I think the BBC is legally unable to name the presenter at this stage, Mike. It’s just allegations at this stage.

• Well, I think the BBC is legally unable to name the presenter at this stage, Mike. It’s just allegations at this stage.

Exactly the BBC like any employer will have to investigate this allegation and see what if any course of action they take

• Interestingly the on-line Sun said the teen was a youth but only showed that for an hour or so.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

• Exactly the BBC like any employer will have to investigate this allegation and see what if any course of action they take

Yes I agree Fred.. --- BUT why say anything at all until the allegation has been investigated.. The person might be totally innocent and by telling half a story the BBC is leaving itself open to speculation and rumour.. That's not good.

The Voice of Reason

• I think the young mans Mum contacted a newspaper

The Sun claims it as an exclusive and did state that the mother contacted them and didn't want to be paid for the story.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

• I see the rumour mongers have started already. It's been suggested on-line that the un-named BBC Celebrity is perhaps a homosexual. That doesn't really narrow down the identity though. After all it is the BBC... :D

The Voice of Reason

• Now we still don't know whether the presenter has or hasn't been formally suspended. The BBC press office won't tell. All we know is that he won't be on air in the near future.

If the BBC don't name him is that fair to the other BBC presenters who have found themselves in the middle of a social media frenzy being wrongly and unfairly accused?

Time for the BBC to put up or shut up.

The Voice of Reason

• This latest scandal to hit the BBC over the pictures and the presenter, can someone please tell me what offence he is supposed to have committed.

The articles all say this child/adult was 17yrs old when this all started, 17 is above the consensual age and the young person in question was free to show off his/her body as they see fit. If I am wrong please tell me because although I understand the parents not liking it, it seems to me that there is very little they can do.

Whether this leads to a sacking by the BBC, FOR WHAT I ask myself. There was alot of hoo Haa over Philip Scofield affair, but the male in question in that episode was 20, he did nothing wrong.

Did your parents have any children that lived.

• 17 is above the consensual age and the young person in question was free to show off his/her body as they see fit. If I am wrong please tell me

I believe that recent legislation makes it illegal for an individual under 18 to send naked/sexual pictures to others.

4312-gwban-gif

• I believe that recent legislation makes it illegal for an individual under 18 to send naked/sexual pictures to others.

Heero

ty I have actually just finished reading this in an article.

Did your parents have any children that lived.

• This latest scandal to hit the BBC over the pictures and the presenter, can someone please tell me what offence he is supposed to have committed.

The articles all say this child/adult was 17yrs old when this all started, 17 is above the consensual age and the young person in question was free to show off his/her body as they see fit. If I am wrong please tell me because although I understand the parents not liking it, it seems to me that there is very little they can do.

Whether this leads to a sacking by the BBC, FOR WHAT I ask myself. There was alot of hoo Haa over Philip Scofield affair, but the male in question in that episode was 20, he did nothing wrong.

I know. I think we’re getting very hypersensitive about these things. However, we have to face it, with the media constantly seeking out content, these complaints will get the airtime, and then companies have to consider reputational damage.

I hope this changes but the governments we are getting are too soft on all this. We need to change the landscape and look at these matters differently.

Fat chance of that happening any time soon. The place is going woke.

• I believe that recent legislation makes it illegal for an individual under 18 to send naked/sexual pictures to others.

I think the major concern is , whoever the person is he was funding the boys drugs habit

• I think the major concern is , whoever the person is he was funding the boys drugs habit

Yes, apparently, that’s why the complaint was brought. However, the BBC seems to be alleging that when asked for further details from the family, they didn’t respond.

I think the police just need to go in and take a look at a few computers and phones. Either there is substance to these allegations or there isn’t. No need to pussyfoot around, they should just get on with it.

• Yes, apparently, that’s why the complaint was brought. However, the BBC seems to be alleging that when asked for further details from the family, they didn’t respond.

I think the police just need to go in and take a look at a few computers and phones. Either there is substance to these allegations or there isn’t. No need to pussyfoot around, they should just get on with it.

The Police will only investigate if they get a complaint IMHO the BBC did not report it to Police, the boys Mother did not and he is now an adult as far as I am aware he has not made a complaint to them either, in order to search a person mobile phone or computer they may well need a Court order as far as I am aware if refused by the owner.

PS published in the media by GB News 59 mins ago

The BBC has suspended a "male member of staff" and is now in contact with the police after a presenter was accused of paying a teenager thousands of pounds for sexually explicit photographs.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!