Deepfake Scam Video Features British Consumer Champion Martin Lewis and Elon Musk

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • Crazy stuff and this only going to become more predominant in society. We now have AI tools to help achieve all this too. I'm not sure how we can counteract all this except for publicising when fakes get released and making people more aware and not to believe everything they see.....or hear and what tech is capable of doing. What a world we are evolving into! Like a magical mystery tour and one big hallucination where we can no longer distinguish fact from reality. It's like living life in one of those fiction books where you can choose your path and turn to a specific page to continue the story in the direction you choose to go. A fantasy world!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Deepfake Scam Video Features British Consumer Champion Martin Lewis and Elon Musk
    How will social media platforms address this rising risk?
    synthedia.substack.com
  • It’s almost impossible to know what to believe any more. Despite what Grandpa says about our western indoctrination, I think all of us on here are a deeply sceptical bunch!

• Oh I can assure you Putin uses deepfakes but so does the west, that's the problem. This kind of tech should have had a nail put in it's coffin as soon as is it started. We have the same problem with AI now. I'm not sure how feasible that would have been but at least licensing the purchase of it to only certain folk in the same way some digital forensics software is instead of any Tom, Dick or Harry being able to use it. There's freeware alternatives and forks of this kind of software now. It's madness and totally open to abuse. I think software needs some form of classification in the same way certain chemicals like fertilisers etc can't easily be purchased.

The advancements in tech and the direction it's going in is all very worrying. Actually some of the new Photoshop AI features is bloody scary what can be done now and so easily. No skill required, just an imagination and that is nothing compared to deepfake movie footage. We should have 'all' listened to professor Shoshana Zuboff and others many years ago in the early 90's when we was warned about the Internet and data collection i.e us being the product in exchange for free app's and services. We should 'all' also listen to people like Jaron Lanier too. I ask myself why are none of these highly intelligent and knowledgeable people ever (or very rarely) on mainstream TV.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• It’s almost impossible to know what to believe any more. Despite what Grandpa says about our western indoctrination, I think all of us on here are a deeply sceptical bunch!

I'd agree but so many mugs out there that'll believe any rubbish put in front of them.

Sooner or later the likes of YouTube etc are going to have to accept legal responsibility for what they allow to be uploaded from untraceable accounts. My vote would be for sooner.

The staff here send me bizarre messages I'm barred from replying to and now I'm blocked from starting new conversations. icon_rolleyes.gif

This place could have been good but 'could' is so last tense. I'll be back, maybe but no one hold their breath.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!