The new enemy: Ultra processed food

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • Husband comes home for the Pub and his wife points at his big beer belly, she says if I saw a woman with a belly like that I would think was pregnant.

Husband replies sheepishly I have news for you Dear, it has been and she is =O

• Having seen that shop bought bread, even seeded wholemeal, is considered ultra processed I've returned to making my own semi wholemeal seeded loaf. At least I know what went into it.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

• Having seen that shop bought bread, even seeded wholemeal, is considered ultra processed I've returned to making my own semi wholemeal seeded loaf. At least I know what went into it.

I don’t know how you can be bothered, Heero, but well done, you!

I'm going to start doing that soon.

I've been sticking to bread which has nothing artificial in it, but you try finding that from the average supermarket these days.

Sainsburys do their own white loaf, unsliced, which is currently the best option for me. I slice it up and freeze it, but any of the branded breads from Hovis, Kingsmill, Warbutton etc have tons of crap in. The clue is always in how long it lasts.

Perhaps you can stick the recipe up in the cooking thread at some point and we could all have a go.

• Well the good news for me is with all these people avoiding ultra processed food, the price of it should come down.

Just eaten a crunchie bar. Does this make me a bad person?

• Nope. I had a small mars bar earlier, on my diet....

Wouldn’t be great to have a diet like that?

Before my (forced) conversion, my wife would often say to me when serving up a meal something like “Strewth, how many calories in that?” So I suggested she put some lettuce on it and it would be fine.

• I bought a bread maker, easy peasy. It also tastes superb but I like 1/2 inch of butter a thick slice of ham and a wedge of cheese and a small raw onion to munch.

Ooops back to the healthy eating thread 🤣🤣

Did your parents have any children that lived.

• I bought a bread maker, easy peasy. It also tastes superb but I like 1/2 inch of butter a thick slice of ham and a wedge of cheese and a small raw onion to munch.

Ooops back to the healthy eating thread 🤣🤣

It’s the bread that does the weight damage, unfortunately!

I have two slices a day, but it has to be brown granary. And I so loved the white bread! I can only dream now.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!