Is Nessie: the Loch Ness monster, real?

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • Yes many moons ago it rained , it is large rather stunning and very deep , could there be a Monster or some sort of reptile unknown to sceince in there ? don't know but there could be might be something , if it is some sort of large amphibious reptile it is very long lived or there is more than one of them or does not need a partner to reproduce

Is it a hoax by the locals to bring in tourists ? maybe , the Loch has been searched many times nothing but it is huge some think there maybe caves it may live in , are some of the photos from years ago fake ?

Loads of questions , but to date no definite answers, if nothing else it fires the imagination

• A good few years ago on a tour round Scotland. Drove all the way round the loch. Nothing to see, move along. ^^

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

• Yes many moons ago it rained , it is large rather stunning and very deep , could there be a Monster or some sort of reptile unknown to sceince in there ? don't know but there could be might be something , if it is some sort of large amphibious reptile it is very long lived or there is more than one of them or does not need a partner to reproduce

Is it a hoax by the locals to bring in tourists ? maybe , the Loch has been searched many times nothing but it is huge some think there maybe caves it may live in , are some of the photos from years ago fake ?

Loads of questions , but to date no definite answers, if nothing else it fires the imagination

I know the loch has been scanned and nothing was found, but there are lots of underground caves and inlets linking into the loch, so there are hiding places for the beastie, if it exists.

• There may have been some monster many years ago like centuries ago but not now. It's just a legend now to bring in tourism. I bet there's some pretty big Carp in there though.

My Sonar is picking up an Echo around here

• I have fished for Carp for years and seen some very large Carp in my time, but never seen one big enough to produce a bow wave as big as in some of the photograph's over the years

• The lady who took the pic featured in the article, reckons it's a big eel and it would be quite easy for such a creature to squeeze into some crevice along the bottom or sides of the loch to evade detection.

I'll keep an open mind on it.

• Apparently the story goes back to the tenth century or something where a monk dragged someone behind a boat for their sins or something along them lines and then a monster came up and took him. It was mentioned on GBNews. I guess Jesus had the day off and didn't want to save him LOL

My Sonar is picking up an Echo around here

• I agree 100%, more so since there in no credible evidence to support the myth.

That said, it's spawned a whole new industry, it sells shite with picture of a wee sea creature on it, films made, tourists by the coach load and a mystery never to be truly solved.

Middle age is when your old classmates are so grey and wrinkled and bald they don't recognise you.

• My favourite thread here. Am a huge fan of the subject. Have never been but it's top of my bucket list.

Yes I think Nessie is real. Too many people have seen something for there to be nothing there.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!