Please treat other members in a constructive manner and abide by our Forum Rules at all times.
  • Seems someone needs DNFTT explained.

I'm not trolling, I'm simply asking you to answer a question but as usual you can't.

You know the forum rules. If you make a claim you should be able to back it up, but here we are again with you making stuff up. If you can't hold a debate with someone then don't participate. Walk away, as I will be doing from all your pithy childish claptrap

• I'm not trolling, I'm simply asking you to answer a question but as usual you can't.

You know the forum rules. If you make a claim you should be able to back it up, but here we are again with you making stuff up. If you can't hold a debate with someone then don't participate. Walk away, as I will be doing from all your pithy childish claptrap

The forum rules also forbid any member from putting this signature he has on his profile: " I have put Echo 10 to ignore from now on" // I do not mind I simply point out his obnoxious approach. I have BLOCKED this clown. I don't want to block it goes against my use of forums but, so be it.

I Would Rather Be Hated For Telling The Truth Than Revered For Speaking A Lie.

• Remember Clegg; Millions voted for him because he said: "Vote for me I promise I will end School fees for higher education. I have made a written pledge to this"

After he was elected, as part of a Coalition, he voted for the highest possible School fees - £9000 as was at that time.

• Isn’t that why coalitions are bad for us? Politicians can’t keep promises they make when they have to negotiate with other parties who have different agendas.

• So the last coalition

• got us through the economic mess that Gordon Brown left
    • reduced the deficit
    • significantly increased basic tax allowance
    • massively increased student tuition fees
    • capped benefits
    • passed that veto on EU further powers unless referendum legislation
    • Won the Scottish Independence referendum
    • Had that 'defining for a generation' referendum on First Past the Post v AV voting
    • went to war with Libya
    • privatised Royal Mail
    • Delivered the 2012 Olympics
    • reformed the NHS and Education

Not all those were good and they may not have done someone's top wishes but it's ludicrous to say they did nothing.

Currently ignoring Echo 10

• Isn’t that why coalitions are bad for us? Politicians can’t keep promises they make when they have to negotiate with other parties who have different agendas.

Yes but, as with the referendum (Brexit), we knew the rules and conditions and the choices. In the First Past The Post system there used to be clear blue water between the parties. Now there is not. This is the very reason Ed Miliband did not become PM. He was pushing at an open door - people were hopeful for change but he spoke ambiguously - he had a "forked tongue". Fortunately, people had the good sense to realise he was duplicitous. So he lost the election.

I know one sure thing, if Starmer wins we will have LGBTQ, gender ideology rammed down our throats. We will live in fear of letting slip the wrong word. HR Admin offices will be on high alert in applying PC bollox. Mentioning a person who stabbed another, is a Muslim - because he IS A MUSLIM - doing it based on EXTREMIST Islamic beliefs, will render you to a knock on the door by the Gestapo.

That is leftists bollox. I have joined Reform Party.

Coalitions have built the German economy into the largest in Europe

• Coalitions only serve to drive any given two factions towards a more centre-ground compromise.

That is great if you like centre politics, but awful for anyone else.

Instead, what we should be calling for is a system where ALL parties make a POSITIVE contribution to society, ALL the time, whether 'in government or not', instead of this Punch and Judy FARCE where one party bootstraps the laws and the others' function is just to throw mud at the majority party.

• Coalitions have built the German economy into the largest in Europe

And then Angela Merkel opened the door to the third world…

Because she overreached her mandate and authority and has subsequently admitted it was an error. An irreversible error.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• Coalitions only serve to drive any given two factions towards a more centre-ground compromise.

That is great if you like centre politics, but awful for anyone else.

Instead, what we should be calling for is a system where ALL parties make a POSITIVE contribution to society, ALL the time, whether 'in government or not', instead of this Punch and Judy FARCE where one party bootstraps the laws and the others' function is just to throw mud at the majority party.

How would/could that work. Trying to imagine Reform and the Greens playing nicely and can’t.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• I prefer a strong government with a mandate from the electorate to bring about major change if necessary.

Coalition governments will always dilute the will of the electorate.

• Centre ground politics is what has made this country what it is

Certainly - we flip between centre left and centre right all the time.

Nothing wrong with centrism, but the best of the country comes when left and right politics are blended, mixed and matched, not when they are homogenised into an middle ground mush.

• We had the number 1 police force in the world - we had the best military in the world by far - we had the best schools and Uni's in the world - we had the best Health Service in the world - we had the number 1 Financial Services in the world - We had parents in control of their children without interference by government - we had proper media, newspapers, TV etc with real investigative journalists and all sides of an argument expressed, not censored -

we led the world whereby other countries copied what we do and people from less free countries came here to live - LEGAL immigration.

We won many great wars and had full respect - not to be messed with.

All under the First Past the Post, democratic system.

From the day the leftist, wishy-washy psycho's gained a hold the country has fallen apart.

• One 'game' (cynical) I play near elections is to score and laugh at moron politicians who roll out the most dumb, lowbrow, lazy throwaway, intelligence-insulting soundbite 'schools and hospitals'. I wish I had a parrot and teach it to squawk 'schools and hospitals' then enter it in a local election. Not only could it win, but the idiot politicians wouldn't even get the motive behind the joke.

Sad fact is that the NHS is always an abused political football - and maybe it should not be.

I said as much on another forum last night:

"Every government puts more and more cash into the NHS, and every opposition whines about it not being enough. Then they flip and exactly the same happens again. It's always a top-3 voter issue, so it's always a top-3 hot air topic for both sides, but nothing ever changes. And it won't again next time. If they truly cared about the country rather than their own political ambitions, they'd agree to devolve NHS policy OUT of politics into a cross-party collaboration forever and stop wasting our time and insulting our intelligence with the pointless endless Punch and Judy Show of 'It's going great' - 'No it's falling apart' - rinse recycle repeat, flip and reverse but the same BS continues".

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!