When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • She backs Sunak and did so openly just a couple of weeks ago. Not great considering Sunaks popularity.

That can be construed as clever because it gets her another step up the ladder.

8| "If there be time to expose through discussion, the falsehoods and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence"

IF YOU STAND FOR NOTHING - YOU FALL FOR EVERYTHING.

• She backs Sunak and did so openly just a couple of weeks ago. Not great considering Sunaks popularity and even more-so considering that she was the hot candidate behind Liz Truss and she was handed Sunak as PM instead of her.

Well, you don’t get a Cabinet position by not supporting the leader of the party, so she knows what she has to do to help shape policy.

• Well, you don’t get a Cabinet position by not supporting the leader of the party, so she knows what she has to do to help shape policy.

Sunak will be out soon when the party gets rid of him. With Badenoch openly asking MPs to support Sunak only a couple of weeks ago I doubt she will attract voters.

This guy on the other hand ... and expect a by-election in Clacton soon

Farage: People Want Me to Be Tory Leader Not Sunak
    Nigel Farage has said Tory members want him to lead the party instead of Rishi Sunak following their double by-election defeat. He's probably not far
    order-order.com
  • Sunak will be out soon when the party gets rid of him. With Badenoch openly asking MPs to support Sunak only a couple of weeks ago I doubt she will attract voters.

This guy on the other hand ... and expect a by-election in Clacton soon

https://order-order.com/2024/02/16/far…ader-not-sunak/

His timing could be out. But he is immensely popular. I would love to see him get into the Commons.

8| "If there be time to expose through discussion, the falsehoods and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence"

• Yes. Shake the bastards up!!!

• Nigel Farage....

if he's the answer to anything the question must have been "which political figure in the UK is the most willing to pucker up and kiss Trump's ring?"

He seems like the kind of bloke you could quite happily have a pint with and talk bollocks for half an hour or so, but I'm not convinced there's a lot of depth to his arguments.

• Nigel Farage....

if he's the answer to anything the question must have been "which political figure in the UK is the most willing to pucker up and kiss Trump's ring?"

He seems like the kind of bloke you could quite happily have a pint with and talk bollocks for half an hour or so, but I'm not convinced there's a lot of depth to his arguments.

If not Farage, then who ?

• I seem to think he was very prominent in us leaving the EU.

• Farage is (and I quote from one of his fellow Tory MPs of which he was one) a Libertarian.

All parties he has led are pro personal freedoms, pro small businesses (a true free market, not one in the grip of mega corporations). They are in no way racist (and indeed when UKIP's leadership saw racists creeping in, he dumped them cold and their support evaporated overnight) but are labelled that way by lefties' Project Fear because of their call for better-regulated immigration and sovereignty from the Mega EUreaucracy.

However, not being one to pick a hero and thumbs up everything he does, I cannot fathom why he is friends with Trump, who is NOT in any way a libertarian - whose fortune (however large in actuality) was made from exactly the type of corporate sleaze and hollow demagoguery which libertarianism rejects. Whether Trump himself is a racist or a xenophobe or just an oaf is a moot debate when clearly he is unashamed to welcome the support (and campaign cash) of xenophobes, white supremacists, religious fanatics and racists, which is the opposite to Farage.

But the 'Trump puppet' accusation is a simplistic label thrown out by lefties. I heard the same accusation about Boris on the night of the '19 election result, and which I could meet the plank who was conned by the lefties into saying that to me, because in Boris's first 6 weeks in offices, he four times told Trump to get stuffed on the subject of 'how he should be running Britain'.

• If not Farage, then who ?

I dunno... but for starters perhaps someone who is both a sitting MP, a member of the Tory party and someone who isn't put off by having the splinters of the opposition benches protruding through their trousers for the next 5 years or so, because lets' face it... the Tories (who I've voted for all my adult life) are toast come the next election and deservedly so to a large extent.

They've pretty much exhausted the ability to simply ride on the coat tails of Labour's shitty record to keep them in office by appearing the least worse option.

• Kemi. She is brilliant.

• I dunno... but for starters perhaps someone who is both a sitting MP, a member of the Tory party and someone who isn't put off by having the splinters of the opposition benches protruding through their trousers for the next 5 years or so, because lets' face it... the Tories (who I've voted for all my adult life) are toast come the next election and deservedly so to a large extent.

They've pretty much exhausted the ability to simply ride on the coat tails of Labour's shitty record to keep them in office by appearing the least worse option.

The Conservatives have been staying at home for the bye-elections. Hopefully, they will come out and vote at the next General Election to keep Labour out.

If they brought Boris back, the Conservatives would win.

• The Conservatives have been staying at home for the bye-elections. Hopefully, they will come out and vote at the next General Election to keep Labour out.

If they brought Boris back, the Conservatives would win.

They'll struggle to get me out come election day and I think your dead wrong with the "what if" you're suggesting.

Boris's well has been well and truly poisoned - be that by fair means or foul. I think that even the hint of another round of another Tory leadership squabble would hammer home the final death nail in the coffin of what's left of this government's credibility as far as the "floating" voter is concerned.

• I don't see anyone but Labour winning - there are too many new voters and old voters with short memories who have yet to learn that they are a hollow promise, and the wheel has to turn every 10ish years for fools to learn the hard way that a change of govt. never changes anything for ordinary people.

All we can hope for is a small majority so they are not emboldened to steamroller civil liberties with their 'social engineering', like the last time.

• I dunno... but for starters perhaps someone who is both a sitting MP, a member of the Tory party and someone who isn't put off by having the splinters of the opposition benches protruding through their trousers for the next 5 years or so, because lets' face it... the Tories (who I've voted for all my adult life) are toast come the next election and deservedly so to a large extent.

I agree, we have had Blairism since Cameron.

I'm voting Reform (unless Farage leads the tories) and if that means Labour get in, so be it.

• If Kemi is not the Tory leader I will vote Reform Party.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!