When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • I agree with the idea of Net zero , the only real question for me is about how we achieve it

No doubt the WEF is influential but the idea that there is secret cabal in charge is for the birds

What is their ultimate aim ?

Please empirically quantify what the UK doing this will achieve for global temperature and if after all the immense economic sacrifice we have to endure we hypothetically achieve it ..... and temperatures still keep going up ?

What will it all have been for ? :/

• Will Rishi Sunak’s success in pushing through the Rwanda Bill give him the votes he needs to turn his election promises around?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-68872723

This is like emptying a swimming pool with a teaspoon. This is simply window dressing designed to make the government look like its doing something positive about immigration in the hope it will appease the electorate whilst in the meantime the daily flood continues unchecked :(

PS Oldboy I'm from Wokingham and an OLD BOY too (63) ! Woosehill to be more specific ;)

• I agree with everything you said. We are in dire times. Our culture is being wiped out. Worse still - the police are assisting in this.

After months of suffering you imposing your hate culture on this forum then it is very much not British culture and very much needs opposing

The staff here send me bizarre messages I'm barred from replying to and now I'm blocked from starting new conversations. icon_rolleyes.gif

This place could have been good but 'could' is so last tense. I'll be back, maybe but no one hold their breath.

• Please empirically quantify what the UK doing this will achieve for global temperature and if after all the immense economic sacrifice we have to endure we hypothetically achieve it ..... and temperatures still keep going up ?

What will it all have been for ? :/

As far I’m concerned it’s about leadership, we cannot expect other countries to follow unless we set an example

In the long term too renewables will make sense economically, harnessing wind & tide

I’d particularly like to see investment in harnessing the energy from tides

• This is like emptying a swimming pool with a teaspoon. This is simply window dressing designed to make the government look like its doing something positive about immigration in the hope it will appease the electorate whilst in the meantime the daily flood continues unchecked :(

PS Oldboy I'm from Wokingham and an OLD BOY too (63) ! Woosehill to be more specific ;)

Why would people want to risk their lives to end up in Rwanda? Just watch how things change when the flights start taking off.

• Will Rishi Sunak’s success in pushing through the Rwanda Bill give him the votes he needs to turn his election promises around?

Unlikely, it's going to be all about the economy as perceived by the voters.

The staff here send me bizarre messages I'm barred from replying to and now I'm blocked from starting new conversations. icon_rolleyes.gif

This place could have been good but 'could' is so last tense. I'll be back, maybe but no one hold their breath.

• As far I’m concerned it’s about leadership, we cannot expect other countries to follow unless we set an example

In the long term too renewables will make sense economically, harnessing wind & tide

I’d particularly like to see investment in harnessing the energy from tides

Oh we'll set an example all right and one that will rightly be laughed at all over the world as a perfect example of dogma driven economic suicide.

We already pay nearly 6 times as much for our energy as China and 3 times as much as the US per KwH based on 2023 figures . How much worse does it need to get before we wake up to this madness. :(

• Unlikely, it's going to be all about the economy as perceived by the voters.

For arguments sake lets say he is by some miracle successful. The tiny numbers involved are simply window dressing and the voters arent stupid enough to fall for it. The Tory party will be doomed to oblivion in the coming election which will make 1997 seem like Christmas by comparison. Back then they were defeated but at least still stood for core conservative values.

What is it they are supposed to stand for today ? :(

• Oh we'll set an example all right and one that will rightly be laughed at all over the world as a perfect example of dogma driven economic suicide.

We already pay nearly 6 times as much for our energy as China and 3 times as much as the US per KwH based on 2023 figures . How much worse does it need to get before we wake up to this madness. :(

I don’t know where those figures come from but assuming they are correct what is the reason?

on renewables is a small part of the reason , the energy market in this country has collapsed, EDF one of the biggest companies is owned by the French government

Our North Sea gas has run out so we have to buy it from Norway

Whilst we are still getting oil from the North Sea it has got more expensive to produce

We need economic alternatives to fossil fuels

• For arguments sake lets say he is by some miracle successful. The tiny numbers involved are simply window dressing and the voters arent stupid enough to fall for it. The Tory party will be doomed to oblivion in the coming election which will make 1997 seem like Christmas by comparison. Back then they were defeated but at least still stood for core conservative values.

What is it they are supposed to stand for today ? :(

I don’t call a couple of thousand ‘tiny numbers’, and anyway, this number will be quickly expanded as the number of flights increase over the coming weeks. It’s envisaged that up to 52,000 are so far eligible for assessment to leave the UK this way.

People can downplay this as much as they want, but there will be egg on faces when this initiative gets going.

• Your 'couple of thousand' has already been disproved

• I don’t call a couple of thousand ‘tiny numbers’, and anyway, this number will be quickly expanded as the number of flights increase over the coming weeks. It’s envisaged that up to 52,000 are so far eligible for assessment to leave the UK this way.

People can downplay this as much as they want, but there will be egg on faces when this initiative gets going.

52,000 that is a fantasy number

• Shouldn't we be discussing all this Rwanda stuff here The Great Debate on Immigration

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!