IS ISRAEL ATTACKS AND RETALIATION JUSTIFIED & THE WIDER REGION

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • Fact Checkers are like vaccines for COVID-19 - no one knows who or what.

8|Do not trade me a Rabbit and hand me a Hare. (I know the strain of species in Leporidae).

Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.

• Common sense from the ICJ. No ceasefire but must stop reckless killing

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-68097640

I'm really impressed with South Africa for doing this. Although it hasn't stopped the killing, I suspect it will encourage other nations to submit similar complaints and in the end the IDF will have to be investigated for what has happened and is happening. The destruction of Gaza and the people there is a horror story. I find Israel's "How vey dare you" attitude abhorrent. Yes, Israelis died in the Hamas attacks. Yes, yes, all this violence is unspeakable. But there is a reason why it is happening and unless someone addresses the reason why things happen those who prefer violence and domination will continue to get away with it.

And it has resulted in a whole new splurge of anti-Semitism across the world. And it has strengthened the support for Hamas.

• LOL LOL - the perverse, off-the-scale respect given to South Africa is about as useful as asking Martians.

Who the hell, in their right mind, truly believes Israel is influenced by South Africa?? !! It is beyond ludicrous.

Imagine the South African President - telling Margaret Thatcher she should not fight the Argentinians??

We would laugh until our guts split. Our SAS had already wiped out numerous fighter planes on the Argentinian mainland.

If you are attacked there is NOTHING, not a thing, any other country can lawfully or morally do about it.

Example: I have daughters - in the UK (Northern Ireland is slightly different) they are not permitted by law to carry anything for self-defence if they carry such a thing with intent to use to harm another. It is a criminal offence.

I taught them self-defence (break-away moves) I also told them of a means of the use of an item that will stop a potential threat whereby the police and CPS will not take them to court.

Why? Because I would rather they risk being stood in a court for carrying said item, than be stood in a court as a victim of rape. No Government or police can or will protect you from a real-life situation. Police are REACTIVE not PROACTIVE.

8|Do not trade me a Rabbit and hand me a Hare. (I know the strain of species in Leporidae).

Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.

• How interesting that none of you can actually find any flawed thinking in their rationale but just want to whine about the decision.

I bet none of you actually read it.

Go on then see if you can find fault: https://www.icj-cij.org/sites/default/…rd-01-00-en.pdf

The link does not seem to work, Steve. This is the order from the court:

Here's a look at the 6 things the UN is ordering Israel to do about its operation in Gaza
    The United Nations’ top court issued a series of orders to Israel to protect Palestinians in Gaza to prevent genocide there.
    apnews.com
  • Funny - no orders to Hamas = "Please stop launching rockets" Thanks. THE UN.

• I did expect to be called "perverse" and whatnot for mentioning that Israel's defence force and leader are slaughtering citizens of Gaza in what appears to be some sort of lunatic frenzy and nothing will make me think otherwise. It is horrific. Dead children, dead women, injured victims, domicide on steroids. What is of concern is the seeming fear western nations have of criticising Israel. Thou shalt not. If you do you are automatically an anti-Semite. This, of course, is absolute crap. Today I see Camilla has been made a patron of a holocaust charity. This is so transparent it's laughable. It's also quite repugnant in the face of all the dead and injured and homeless in Gaza that is ongoing with governments tittering in the shadows about telling Israel to stop. One gets the impression that the hostages are of no concern to the leadership in Israel and it is the destruction of the Palestinian people that is paramount. Their teeth are being pulled and their claws are being extracted. They have no means to defend themselves.

Now we see calls to arms for a world war. NO BLOODY THANK YOU! Resist this at all costs.

• OB

I believe Israel will argue that it already does all that is asked, but within the law that says it has a right to defend itself when so called safe spaces like hospitals are used ass stacking points, they become legitimate targets.

Moving people as they systematically seek out and destroy Hamas is protecting the civilian population. Aid is going in but those trucks are often attacked and looted before ever getting to the intended recipient. It's not Israel's fault that Hamas can't control it's own people.

As for the births, well I harp back to my points made previously about the lack of male casualties, yet we see an awful lot of young MEN on our TV screens. The place is clearly nothing more than a baby factory going by those numbers, before long Palestinians will adopt the saying " we are BORG"

Did your parents have any children that lived.

• I did expect to be called "perverse" and whatnot for mentioning that Israel's defence force and leader are slaughtering citizens of Gaza in what appears to be some sort of lunatic frenzy and nothing will make me think otherwise. It is horrific. Dead children, dead women, injured victims, domicide on steroids. What is of concern is the seeming fear western nations have of criticising Israel. Thou shalt not. If you do you are automatically an anti-Semite. This, of course, is absolute crap. Today I see Camilla has been made a patron of a holocaust charity. This is so transparent it's laughable. It's also quite repugnant in the face of all the dead and injured and homeless in Gaza that is ongoing with governments tittering in the shadows about telling Israel to stop. One gets the impression that the hostages are of no concern to the leadership in Israel and it is the destruction of the Palestinian people that is paramount. Their teeth are being pulled and their claws are being extracted. They have no means to defend themselves.

Now we see calls to arms for a world war. NO BLOODY THANK YOU! Resist this at all costs.

Not so. I think all your posts are sensible, informative, and rational. You also never get personal or use snide comments. I respect all posts you publish. I may not agree with them all.

I tend to use the general vernacular which seems I am aiming at the individual. But I actually do respect people from the start. I never assume I am right I just express my version of issues.

• . . .Today I see Camilla has been made a patron of a holocaust charity. This is so transparent it's laughable. It's also quite repugnant in the face of all the dead and injured and homeless in Gaza that is ongoing . . .

Why do you object to a holocaust charity? It's very hard not to read your post as blaming all jews for the appalling actions actions of the IDF and that would be anti semitic.

I certainly agree with you that all these dead women and children is appalling and no decent person should be rejoicing in that.

Hamas must stop hiding behind the civilian population immediately and either fight like men or call the whole thing off.

• Why do you object to a holocaust charity? It's very hard not to read your post as blaming all jews for the appalling actions actions of the IDF and that would be anti semitic.

I don't object to a holocaust charity, I just think it is very conveniently plonked on the Queen at this time. Everywhere there are stories of the innocent Jews, the suffering Jews, the badasses who refuse to support the IDF, etc. Sorry, I am not one of those. In these situations ordinary civilians suffer unspeakable hardship and tragedy and the world's media plays favourites and helps drum up a world war.

It's so repulsive, I can't believe it's happening.

• I certainly agree with you that all these dead women and children is appalling and no decent person should be rejoicing in that.

Hamas must stop hiding behind the civilian population immediately and either fight like men or call the whole thing off.

Yes, using human shields is a terrible thing to do. It happened in the Donbas too, but few want to acknowledge it. Terrorists play on situations. People who feel helpless start turning to anyone who seems interested in their plight. Recipe for disaster. That is why one cannot take sides. The conflict must be stopped and that can't happen if one side is a saint and the other is a sinner and we are asked to take sides. We must not take sides. We must work to prevent any more bloodshed.

• I don't object to a holocaust charity, I just think it is very conveniently plonked on the Queen at this time. Everywhere there are stories of the innocent Jews, the suffering Jews, the badasses who refuse to support the IDF, etc. Sorry, I am not one of those. In these situations ordinary civilians suffer unspeakable hardship and tragedy and the world's media plays favourites and helps drum up a world war.

It's so repulsive, I can't believe it's happening.

She's long been a supporter of that charity and the timing was because of Holocaust Memorial Day today.

• I'm really impressed with South Africa for doing this.

Sorry, but I have the exactly opposite view.

I do not know what SA's motives are here, it has no skin in the game, so to speak, so why get involved? If SA's leaders were so interested in human rights, how about starting with SA itself?

As I said, I do not know the motives of the leaders, but I believe their motives do not align with the West and in fact, they seem to be putting themselves on a collision course with the West at some point in the future.

If SA were so interested in the deaths of innocents, then perhaps they should look northwards on their own continent to see various crimes being committed, or if they wanted to go further afield, what better example than in Ukraine. Where has the ICJ complaint been in the killing of thousands of innocent civilians by Russia in Ukraine, including the deliberate targetting of schools and hospitals?

In a way, a bad way, this ICJ complaint has shown that SA's values do not align with the West and SA is more interested in virtue signalling, than genuine justice. This is beyond both our lifetimes, LW, (hopefully) but I foresee a serious parting of the ways between our countries at some point in the future.

I utterly resent SA's actions here. It's one-sided actions.

• Iran has probaby given them a bung .

• What people don't know, or care to know, is that those who suffered under the apartheid regime in SA identify with those who have been kicked off their land in Palestine and they told the Palestinians they would not forget them. They haven't. Good for the SA government. It doesn't need to virtue signal and it is almost certainly more attached to Russia and China than it is to Europe. That divide was written in history. So I support their attempt to stop the Israeli bombardment of Palestinians. I see the implementation of US nukes on UK soil as an infringement and I resent this enormously. I'm hoping they will be forced to remove them because they have implicated the UK in US war mongering. This should not have happened. America is planting its confounded nukes all over the free world. Instead of bothering about Climate Change it might be useful if some of these activists did what my generation did and protested against nuclear war. No one is going to survive that. I can't believe anyone is willing even to contemplate it in our age.

• Sorry, but I have the exactly opposite view.

I do not know what SA's motives are here, it has no skin in the game, so to speak . . .

An allegation the court went to and considered in some detail and rightly rejected.

Turn a blind eye to illegal killing and one day it'll be people dear to yourself or even yourself that's illegally killed while others turn a blind eye.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!