IS ISRAEL ATTACKS AND RETALIATION JUSTIFIED & THE WIDER REGION

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • Yes of course,

Use of chemical weapons , this from the OPCW website

Despite these measures, the world witnessed the use of toxic chemicals in warfare to an unprecedented extent during World War I, with the first large-scale attack using chemical weapons taking place at Ieper, Belgium, on 22 April 1915. By the war’s end, some 124,200 tonnes of chlorine, mustard and other chemical agents had been released, and more than 90,000 soldiers had suffered painful deaths due to exposure to them. Close to a million more people left the battlefields blind, disfigured or with debilitating injuries.

Those that remembered these horror agreed in 1925 agreed that they wouldn’t be used again & to the best of my knowledge they were never used in WW2

There was no compliance to those rules by Syria. The problem with having rules is that the good guys obey them but the bad ‘uns don’t. That gives them the advantage.

• I would favour a Nuclear attack on our enemy if they committed the most horrific acts of war and were hell-bent on NOT wanting peace. Its called survival.

8|Do not trade me a Rabbit and hand me a Hare. (I know the strain of species in Leporidae).

Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.

• There are good people among the Arab population. It's just that they won't condemn the horrific attack on innocent Israeli civilians on the 7th of October by those they voted into power over them.. Which makes them all just as bad as the Hamas terrorists. They need to stand up and be counted and tell Hamas " Not in my name " if they want the world to be sympathetic.

And get shot or worse by the Hamas thugs.

Your victim blaming is not a good look MM

• I would favour a Nuclear attack on our enemy if they committed the most horrific acts of war and were hell-bent on NOT wanting peace. Its called survival.

I doubt that the planet would survive with you in charge, Echo. Nuclear weapons mean mutually agreed destruction, and that’s why no-one has used them in anger since the Second World War.

• I doubt that the planet would survive with you in charge, Echo. Nuclear weapons mean mutually agreed destruction, and that’s why no-one has used them in anger since the Second World War.

I did say - For survival - I meant that literally. That does not mean I have a casual approach to the use of such WMDs.

If it was on the cards that I would be killed - by that I mean our country would be wiped out - I most certainly favor the same level of retaliatory action.

I am not a "take the knee" type of person.

8|Do not trade me a Rabbit and hand me a Hare. (I know the strain of species in Leporidae).

Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.

• Rules of war are not there to prevent war , they are supposed to restrict the conduct of the participants

But this is at the heart of the matter.

The purpose of war is to defeat your enemy, quite often by destroying them.

So, the narrative in this case is that there is a small band of not so merry men called terrorists who are doing terrible things (the terrorising bit) and it's only them that Israel needs to be concentrating on.

I would say unless these terrorists have been seeded on Earth by beings from outer space, then they come from this planet, which means their support comes from this planet, ie the very people they claim to be acting on behalf of.

As Israel showed in its ICJ defence, some of the Hamas scumbags called their parents or other relatives and boasted about their actions, the murder, mutilation and rape of innocent civilians.

It's not Hamas that needs to be defeated, it's the Palestinians as a whole that need to be defeated and my suggestion that they ultimately need to be moved to Jordan, all of them, is what, in the long term, will save many countless innocent lives.

• We signed those conventions and we are fully backing Israel when it is clearly flouting them.

We all signed an agreement back in Gorbachev days not to get to close to Russia but we soon broke those rules...well the US mainly did but we back the US when placing weapons on their doorstep and that can go as far as allowing neighbouring countries to become a member of NATO which can be seen as threatening and intimidating behaviour. See the problem with rules is they are mainly used to get one over someone else and can easily be broken. Rules in themselves are used as a weapon.

• We all signed an agreement back in Gorbachev days not to get to close to Russia but we soon broke those rules...

That's the narrative Putin had been using, along with a load of other rubbish, for starting the war.

If you can find a link to this agreement, please post it Norra, but Gorbachev himself said this never happened. What the Americans agreed to was not to base its soldiers in the former East Germany when the Soviets pulled out. That's it. And it was not an agreement as such, nothing was written down. No treaty, memorandum of understanding, etc etc, just a verbal assurance.

• There was no compliance to those rules by Syria. The problem with having rules is that the good guys obey them but the bad ‘uns don’t. That gives them the advantage.

Not everyone follows the rules but that doesn’t mean there shouldn’t be any

Because of the Geneva convention we looked after German POWs & generally the Germans looked after Brits & American

This was not the case in the East where very few POWs from either side returned home after the war

• It depends. If one side is bound by rules that restrict their ability to defend themselves but the other side don’t abide by those rules, that gives the bad guys the advantage.

• Not everyone follows the rules but that doesn’t mean there shouldn’t be any

Because of the Geneva convention we looked after German POWs & generally the Germans looked after Brits & American

This was not the case in the East where very few POWs from either side returned home after the war

That's because they were captured by countries run by Lefty Governments. It's a L/W thing to slaughter prisoners of war. ;););)

The Voice of Reason

• main-qimg-f73ef93fbddab11665754ff6a7e74dd1

• Of course no-one will be surprised by Hama/ PIJ righteous indignation but there is nowhere for them to hide. A lifeime watching over their shoulders.

Let the festivities begin, reap what you sow.

Did your parents have any children that lived.

• At least half of Gaza's buildings damaged or destroyed, new analysis shows
    Satellite data reveals at least 144,000 hit since Israeli strikes began, and how south is now bearing the brunt.
    www.bbc.co.uk

If anyone believes after this news that it will be business as usual once this current operation by Israel is over, then I'm sorry, but I think that's naive.

As was crystal clear to me after the terrorist attacks, Israel will never tolerate attacks from Gaza again and the way to guarantee that is to ensure that Gaza does not exist.

• Even if Gaza were to exist there will NEVER be dialogue between Israel and Hamas. In that respect either Hamas or Israel needs to not take part or exist, we all know Israel will be there.

Did your parents have any children that lived.

• I see Cameron is saying today that the government is considering reconsigning a Palestinian state. If they think that will help the situation, then they are also naive.

The only thing that will resolve this situation is when the two tribes have their own, totally separate land, not chucks of each others.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!