IS ISRAEL ATTACKS AND RETALIATION JUSTIFIED & THE WIDER REGION

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • Post by Jack (April 23, 2024 at 2:52 PM).

This post was deleted by OLD BOY: Mindless, insulting and off topic posts removed. (April 23, 2024 at 7:30 PM).
  • Post by Steve13 (April 23, 2024 at 3:51 PM).

This post was deleted by OLD BOY: Mindless, insulting and off topic posts removed. (April 23, 2024 at 7:30 PM).
  • Post by Steve13 (April 23, 2024 at 3:54 PM).

• Post by Jack (April 23, 2024 at 5:19 PM).

• Post by Steve13 (April 23, 2024 at 5:21 PM).

• Recklessly killing civilians is not self defence either.

As I explained before: if a man from Acacia Avenue kills your wife and runs off with your daughter that does not entitle you to carpet bomb all of Acacia Drive and claim defence. because what you would actually be doing is mindless killing.

Which is what Israel was doing within hours of the October atrocity. Openly boasting os using thousands of those unguided 2,000pb bombs, openly bragging of having 'no restraint'

But some say that's just fine because in their sick minds all Arabs are the enemy.

Hamas were voted into power. They are the elected leadership. They have broad support amongst the citizens of Gaza. If the man in Acacia Avenue carried the broad support of all that lived in Acacia Avenue and should the man in Acacia Avenue be killed they would step up to replace him that would be a more accurate analogy. This is an existential crisis on both sides.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• Hamas were voted into power. They are the elected leadership. They have broad support amongst the citizens of Gaza. If the man in Acacia Avenue carried the broad support of all that lived in Acacia Avenue and should the man in Acacia Avenue be killed they would step up to replace him that would be a more accurate analogy. This is an existential crisis on both sides.

Hamas was voted into power in 2006 , any democracy requires regular polls so I don’t think you can claim they have a democratic mandate

The support they currently enjoy in Gaza is very difficult to judge , you’d be a brave man speak up against them particularly in the middle of a war

• Hamas was voted into power in 2006 , any democracy requires regular polls so I don’t think you can claim they have a democratic mandate

The support they currently enjoy in Gaza is very difficult to judge , you’d be a brave man speak up against them particularly in the middle of a war

So no different from any other totalitarian regime then. You support totalitarian regimes?

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• So no different from any other totalitarian regime then. You support totalitarian regimes?

I expect better from you AS , my criticism of Isreal particularly their crooked Prime Minister does not mean I support Hamas

You will not find one word of support for them in any of my posts

• So what’s it to you he’s not your PM .

Most of the worlds politicians are crooked in some way or another .

Even some of ours are as pure as the driven slush .

The difference is that their not the PM of the only Jewish state .

• Post by Steve13 (April 23, 2024 at 6:24 PM).

• Post by Jack (April 23, 2024 at 6:25 PM).

• Post by Echo10 (April 23, 2024 at 6:31 PM).

• Post by Steve13 (April 23, 2024 at 6:34 PM).

• Post by Steve13 (April 23, 2024 at 6:35 PM).

• Post by Jack (April 23, 2024 at 6:36 PM).

• Post by Echo10 (April 23, 2024 at 6:37 PM).

• Post by Steve13 (April 23, 2024 at 6:38 PM).

• You call it reckless. Israel says it’s necessity in order to destroy Hamas who will continue their mission to destroy them unless they do.

You cannot compare your example with this situation. This is war, and the rules are different.

The rules are the Geneva Conventions that Israel signed up to and you know full well they are breaking

The staff here send me bizarre messages I'm barred from replying to and now I'm blocked from starting new conversations. icon_rolleyes.gif

This place could have been good but 'could' is so last tense. I'll be back, maybe but no one hold their breath.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!