IS ISRAEL ATTACKS AND RETALIATION JUSTIFIED & THE WIDER REGION

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • No their not .

And how do you suppose that?

The staff here send me bizarre messages I'm barred from replying to and now I'm blocked from starting new conversations. icon_rolleyes.gif

This place could have been good but 'could' is so last tense. I'll be back, maybe but no one hold their breath.

• Because they are a legitimate moral country not a cowardly terrorists entity that only attacks the vulnerable .Three things are certain in this world – death, taxes and accusations about the Israel Defense Force.
    It doesn't matter what the circumstances are, what Hamas' actions and stated intentions are, how many warning leaflets the IDF drops or how many calls it makes urging Palestinian civilians to evacuate; the IDF and Israel will always be accused of war crimes
    Intelligent people know this is an inversion of the true dumbos don’t .

• Which has nothing to do with what the rules of war are which was the point at hand. Why are you seeking to deflect?

The staff here send me bizarre messages I'm barred from replying to and now I'm blocked from starting new conversations. icon_rolleyes.gif

This place could have been good but 'could' is so last tense. I'll be back, maybe but no one hold their breath.

• Don’t like the truth do you ?

I will give you some more

Saddam Hussain killed over a million fellow Arabs no one acused him of genocide.

Bashir killed hundreds of thousands

There has been terrible famine in Yemen for years caused by terrorists

2,200 American servicemen were killed at Pearl Harbor. The Americans and allies went to kill 3.5 million Japanese, including 100,000 in one night. 2,800 Americans in 9/11. The ameriancs and allies went to kill 400,000 people in Afghanistan and Iraq. No one accused them of genocide..

We bombed Hamberg and killed thousands of civilians nope we didn’t get acused either .

In none of these cases did anyone stream in aid by the truckload either ,

There is only one country in the world that is not allowed to defend itself or win a war .

And whaddya know it also happens to be the only Jewish country on the planet .

The doubles standards applied to Israel which is fighting the most moral war ever fought under incerdidibly difficult circumstances against a terrorist group of homicidal murders who is holding its people hostages and is intent on its destruction is appalling.

Shame on those who say otherwise .

• At least I accept and promote the truth

Now how you getting on with showing how the rules of war somehow aren't the rules of war Israel signed up to? Last time I looked you were desperately trying to deflect

• I expect better from you AS , my criticism of Isreal particularly their crooked Prime Minister does not mean I support Hamas

You will not find one word of support for them in any of my posts

But totalitarian regimes are evil and history shows they cannot be allowed to continue if there is to be any form of lasting peace. Your stance on Hamas could have been equally applied to denounce the 1000 bomber raids over Germany in WWII. They were necessary at the time although nobody felt particularly good about it then or now but it was necessary.

If Hamas and their acolytes are not completely eradicated it will be just a matter of time before Israel is on the receiving end of another atrocity.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• At least I accept and promote the truth

Now how you getting on with showing how the rules of war somehow aren't the rules of war Israel signed up to? Last time I looked you were desperately trying to deflect

You wouldnt know the truth if it bit you on the backside .

• But totalitarian regimes are evil and history shows they cannot be allowed to continue if there is to be any form of lasting peace. Your stance on Hamas could have been equally applied to denounce the 1000 bomber raids over Germany in WWII. They were necessary at the time although nobody felt particularly good about it then or now but it was necessary.

If Hamas and their acolytes are not completely eradicated it will be just a matter of time before Israel is on the receiving end of another atrocity.

From the beginning my position has always been the same , Hamas will not be destroyed militarily, the death of 1000s of civilians is likely to drive more people towards militant Islam

• Not a chance

Only the guillble loons of the west and the spoiled overprivileged kids in US campuses .

A week in Gaza and they would be whimpering like the brats they are .

The powerful Arabs are not with Hamas they despise the Palestinians and they don’t want an all powerful Iran .

Only the failed states , the paid puppets are waging Irans war against Israel

They would much rather do business with Isreal .

So would the Iranian people

They would like to see the back of their fanatical leaders .

So would the Israeli Arabs they know how the corrupt Fatah and Hamas work and want none of it .

They all would like to see Israel do away with Hamas .

It is to everyone’s benefit .

• You use broad brush statements but you cannot produce any evidence

Take Qatar a US base & the Hamas head office, Iraq once the arch enemy of Iran now has a Shia dominated government . Hamas is a branch of the Muslim brotherhood

Nothing is as straightforward as you like to think

• You wouldnt know the truth if it bit you on the backside .

Well I know you certainly haven't backed your assertion that the Geneva Conventions don't apply to Israel's war

• From the beginning my position has always been the same , Hamas will not be destroyed militarily, the death of 1000s of civilians is likely to drive more people towards militant Islam

How many civilians?

How many combatants?

My understanding is that approx 33% of fatalities are combatants which makes the combatant/civilian death ratio about normal for these kind of conflicts.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• How many civilians?

How many combatants?

My understanding is that approx 33% of fatalities are combatants which makes the combatant/civilian death ratio about normal for these kind of conflicts.

I wouldn’t trust the Isreali figures & anymore than I would the Hamas figures but proportions like that are irrelevant

It’s about perception & emotion, what does “the Arab street “think

They are the potential recruits to radical Islam

• It's conflict and it must be stopped before it becomes war. Before it lures other nations into its clutches and many young men die and many civilians are rendered homeless and there is much lifelong trauma and injurious from which fighters do not recover. And before some utter a-hole starts pushing the nuclear thing the way they are doing in the similar Russia/Ukraine debacle. No, no bloody NO!

What do you mean "before it becomes a war" it is a war. It was a war started by the Palestinian representative Hamas, and supported by the vast majority of the public. Stop feeling sorry for the perpetrators, and get behind a country that shares a similar culture and values to us. Not all Germans were bad, but the allies did what they had to do in order they could remove an evil force.

The intelligent are being oppressed so the stupid don't get offended

• I wouldn’t trust the Isreali figures & anymore than I would the Hamas figures but proportions like that are irrelevant

It’s about perception & emotion, what does “the Arab street “think

They are the potential recruits to radical Islam

Just in case you hadn’t noticed , the ‘Arab street ‘ whatever that is supposed to mean is not supporting Hamas .

Arabs like many other people want peace to get on with their life

Sinece Oct. 7 there has been next to no reaction from the Arab world. Saudi Arabia continues to hold the door open for a peace agreement with Israel. The UAE, Morocco and Bahrain didn’t even withdraw ambassadors. Jordan helped to shoot down missiles attacking Israel

The lack of response is telling. Arab states don’t care about the Palestinians and what happens to them as long as they don’t come into their countries . Only Jordan has a problem with this as one in four of its people are of Palestinian heritage . Most Arabs just wish the Palestinian problem would go away none wish to take them in because they know that trouble follows . Israel Arabs ( and 20% of the population of Israel is Arab ) prefer to be Israeli where life is better and they can work and see a future. Arabs hold many high positions in Israel there are Arab judges and the dean of Haifa University is an Arab woman . Israel is the only country in the ME where Arab women have the same rights as men . Arabs also serve in the IDF

The last thing that most Arabs want is the corrupt government by the likes of Fatah and the lethal one of Hamas
    They don t all want radical Islam either .
    The guillble west is always going on about Palestinians , the Arabs who know them all too well don’t .

• Well, I don't expect anyone to acknowledge my opinion on this disaster of a "war". I am rather surprised at the support for Israel, considering the causes of the conflict. I do not identify with Israel, and it is not similar to me. It is a country created and paid for by America and cracks the whip for American support. It does not have to crack it very hard, which is going to cause us all some extreme consequences if the real situation isn't tended to by people who don't take sides just because they hate Islam. I do not in any way support any religious bullshit as an excuse for war. Hammas exists because the situation exists. I don't see what is happening as a war but as an unwise overkill by the IDF. The real war might happen when the west allows its interference in both Ukraine and the middle east to cause a global confrontation that could easily escalate into the use of nuclear weapons. Anyone who desires such a scenario needs to think about what that will be like.

There were warnings by Israeli soldiers on watch that something serious was afoot over the border before the invasion occurred. No one came to investigate. There was no one to save the hapless people who tried to phone for help and who were simply set upon and killed and taken hostage. It looked iffy from the start and those attacked looked like sacrifices as a result. Especially for a military that can detect a caterpillar sneezing on a cabbage leaf on another planet. The protests in Israel by citizens are being suppressed. The IDF and government deny all reports of ill treatment and war crimes and remind me strongly of what used to go on in apartheid South Africa. They also insisted they were a wonderfully humane and civilized force for good when in fact they were brutalising anyone who spoke out. I am not going to swallow any crap by the iDF about what has happened and is happening in what looks like an obvious intention to mow Palestinians down like grass and take over as much of the region as possible, with the help of America. America will expect the support of the west. The media is keen to shout about anti-Semitism every chance it gets. The get out of jail card for what has always been a hotspot that would at some time explode into genuine conflict that drags us all in.

One might say the same about the Ukraine farce. They want your support, your cash and your arms and they want to ignore the causes of that conflict.

The disappointing thing is that they are getting what they want in both cases and if you dissent you are the badass. But time has a nasty habit of turning the soil over after these events and as they sift through the bones and find the truth, people will condemn those who didn't call for peace, who called for death instead and sent healthy young soldiers into oblivion to save what is not salvable and to support the insupportable.

Under all these band aid type "solutions" the wounds continue to fester.

• What do you mean "before it becomes a war" it is a war. It was a war started by the Palestinian representative Hamas, and supported by the vast majority of the public. Stop feeling sorry for the perpetrators, and get behind a country that shares a similar culture and values to us. Not all Germans were bad, but the allies did what they had to do in order they could remove an evil force.

Yes, and the German people didn't turn on us in the way that some keep repeating that Palestinian civilians will.

• Ukraine means nothing to me. Norway - Germany - Mexico, all mean nothing to me other than I respect their right to exist and under their sovereignty, rule of law, culture and tradition.

Do I want a terrorist group to launch 7,000 rockets into the aforesaid countries? Of course not.

I would not want Russia to blast North Korea off the map. Why would I want people killed?

But..... self-defence is another matter. Every country (person) has the right to defend itself. 7,000 rockets is an act of war. One rocket is an act of war.

I do not select on whether I LIKE a country. I am not keen on Islamic countries - I do not want them blasted with rockets. Live and let live.

8| All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered: the point is to discover them. (Galileo)

IF YOU STAND FOR NOTHING - YOU FALL FOR EVERYTHING.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!