Ashamed to live in the UK

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • So 1000s of Israelis have been killed, slaughtered, and tortured by Hamas, who represent the Palestinians, yet we have marches in many of our major towns and cities in favour of the terrorists. Meanwhile Jewish children are told not to go to school, and Jewish schools have been closed in fear of attacks by Muslims. We didn't just let the enemy within enter our country, our weak and woke governments positively encouraged it.

The intelligent are being oppressed so the stupid don't get offended

• I would rather not single out one particular religion and / or culture or nationality but the problem is multiculturalism. We are no longer the majority in most major UK cities now. We can't even call it the UK anymore as we are no longer united and are more like segregated tribes. I don't even recognise my country anymore as being English. It's not our country anymore and has been taken over by far to many foreign nationals who want to live by their own nationality and way of life only in another country. That is bound to cause conflict as different groups fight over territory and way of life.

• I would rather not single out one particular religion and / or culture or nationality but the problem is multiculturalism. We are no longer the majority in most major UK cities now. We can't even call it the UK anymore as we are no longer united and are more like segregated tribes. I don't even recognise my country anymore as being English. It's not our country anymore and has been taken over by far to many foreign nationals who want to live by their own nationality and way of life only in another country. That is bound to cause conflict as different groups fight over territory and way of life.

All of that is true, but as a result of what is happening at present I feel it correct to call out the religion that is behind the issue in question

• The problem is that there are many more peaceful Muslims. It's the inner groups within with their own ideas of what being a Muslim means that are causing problems. We could find issues with any religion but the Muslim extremists are on another level. Actually it's an insult to the rest of the practicing Muslim population to call them Muslim really. We can't tar them all with the same brush.

• The problem is that there are many more peaceful Muslims. It's the inner groups within with their own ideas of what being a Muslim means that are causing problems. We could find issues with any religion but the Muslim extremists are on another level. Actually it's an insult to the rest of the practicing Muslim population to call them Muslim really. We can't tar them all with the same brush.

The reality is that whilst Muslims are peaceful a very large percentage sympathise and agree with actions of Hamas. You only have to look at the many thousands of them marching through the streets of our towns and cities. These people aren't Christians, Buddhists, Jews or Hindus, they are Muslims. I have read most of the Quran, and believe me, it isn't a book of peace, it is a book of intolerance, violence and bigotry.

That doesn't mean there aren't any peaceful and pleasant Muslims, of course there are, but it is far wiser to see such issues in general terms. I'm sure there were nice Nazis, but if we focused on those ones we would have lost the war.

• All those nice and peaceful ones are very quiet aren’t they ?

Are all the imans speaking out against the massacre ?

I expect some will .

But

The most worrying thing is that many of these protesters are not Muslims they are just anti semites .

Eg The BLM a group has shown its true colours in the way it has celebrated this massacre without a voice in disent.

The woke lot have not piped up either . Haven’t heard anything from Gary Liniker or even St Bob Geldof .

Nope they are Jews so not deserving of pity .

Then there are our own biased BBC happily giving out Hamas disinformation and our police force who don’t arrest anti semites for fear of being called Islamophobic .

Our Jewish citizens had added so much to our country should we not grieve for them and stand up for them and condemn the appalling scenes we saw in London the other weekend ?

Or do we want to go the other way that only happens 75 years ago but we swore would never happen again?

• The reality is that whilst Muslims are peaceful a very large percentage sympathise and agree with actions of Hamas. You only have to look at the many thousands of them marching through the streets of our towns and cities. These people aren't Christians, Buddhists, Jews or Hindus, they are Muslims. I have read most of the Quran, and believe me, it isn't a book of peace, it is a book of intolerance, violence and bigotry.

That doesn't mean there aren't any peaceful and pleasant Muslims, of course there are, but it is far wiser to see such issues in general terms. I'm sure there were nice Nazis, but if we focused on those ones we would have lost the war.

Bibbles, the Bible is pretty violent too. The truth is, people had even more savagery in them during Christ's life than they do now, and inevitably, this is reflected in the texts.

• Bibbles, the Bible is pretty violent too. The truth is, people had even more savagery in them during Christ's life than they do now, and inevitably, this is reflected in the texts.

Not strictly true. The old testament is indeed a tad violent, the new testament is quite different. You can't compare the behaviour of modern day Christians with Muslims. You can bury your head in the sand and pretend Islam is no worse than other religions, but that simply isn't true. Islam is a totally intolerant religion, and it's followers won't be happy until it is the only religion on earth. They will of course to go to any length to ensure this is the case, and numerous atrocities over the last few decades prove this to be true. In actual fact between 1979 and 2021 there have been over 48000 Islamic atrocities committed, but it's just safer to pretend the religion is one of peace. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_I…rrorist_attacks

The simple fact is 1500 Jews in Israel were tortured and murdered, and we have hundreds of thousands Muslims taking to the streets and celebrating it. Sickening

• The respected Imams would disagree with that analysis. They say that the militants are providing their followers with false teachings and that the Muslim religion is one of peace.

Now you can agree or disagree with that, and I’m not going to quote all the violence contained in the Bible at you, such as the big one we all know about - the crucifixions - but I would remind you that it was only a few hundred years ago when we were disembowelling and burning people alive for offending against the Bible.

The thing is, we have come to be better people as time has gone on, and this will happen with other religions as well with the fullness of time. Maybe not yet, though.

• The respected Imams would disagree with that analysis. They say that the militants are providing their followers with false teachings and that the Muslim religion is one of peace.

Now you can agree or disagree with that, and I’m not going to quote all the violence contained in the Bible at you, such as the big one we all know about - the crucifixions - but I would remind you that it was only a few hundred years ago when we were disembowelling and burning people alive for offending against the Bible.

The thing is, we have come to be better people as time has gone on, and this will happen with other religions as well with the fullness of time. Maybe not yet, though.

Try reading the Quran, I have, and believe me it is far from a book of peace. Yes, Christians may have acted in a barbaric manner in the distant past, but that isn't now. Correct me if I am wrong, the crucifixions you refer to were performed on Christians, not by them.

Some Muslims believe there should be a new testament of the Quran because it is not fitting for modern times, but I doubt very much that will ever happen. As it stands numerous amounts of atrocities are being carried out in the name of Mohamed, and Islam stands out as the religion that causes the most problems. To pretend otherwise is just taking the woke viewpoint, and isn't facing reality. The reason hundreds of thousands of Muslims have taken to the street is to support Hamas and their actions, surely you can't support what they are doing?

• Bibbles, the Bible is pretty violent too. The truth is, people had even more savagery in them during Christ's life than they do now, and inevitably, this is reflected in the texts.

A great deal of evil has been done supposedly in the name of religion

Anyone who believe that everything in the Bible Quran or Torah is factual correct is my view an idiot.

• A great deal of evil has been done supposedly in the name of religion

Anyone who believe that everything in the Bible Quran or Torah is factual correct is my view an idiot.

I am also a devout atheist, and believe in this day and age worshipping a mythical being is a somewhat dated practice. However, this isn't really the basis of the thread. I am ashamed that I live in a country where people are openly celebrating the massacre of 1500 people because they despise the religion they follow. As much as I dislike all religions, the one I dislike the most is Islam, but I still don't wish any harm on any individual Muslim unless a terrorist. Repetitive governments have opened the doors to the evil that now lives within, and these marches have proved my point

• I am also a devout atheist, and believe in this day and age worshipping a mythical being is a somewhat dated practice. However, this isn't really the basis of the thread. I am ashamed that I live in a country where people are openly celebrating the massacre of 1500 people because they despise the religion they follow. As much as I dislike all religions, the one I dislike the most is Islam, but I still don't wish any harm on any individual Muslim unless a terrorist. Repetitive governments have opened the doors to the evil that now lives within, and these marches have proved my point

I’m not anti religion, Im sure there are life lessons in all those books but I think it’s silly to quote documents written centuries ago as established fact

• I’m not anti religion, I sure there are life lessons in all those books but I think it’s silly to quote documents written centuries ago as established fact

But how do you feel about the people celebrating the deaths and torture of the Jews in Israel, because that's the point in question

• But how do you feel about the people celebrating the deaths and torture of the Jews in Israel, because that's the point in question

people have the right to protest & there is a difference between sympathy for the Palestinians & outright support for Hamas

People who can praise Hamas for what they did disgust me & I believe they can be arrested for supporting Terrorism

If they foreigners I would be quite happy for them to be deported.

I don’t agree however that we should pretend that there aren’t 2 sides to this conflict, those people who just say we should side with Israel whatever they are wrong too

Im happy that Sunak is supporting Israel publicly but I hope the Uk government is using diplomatic channels to try & end this before it becomes a major Middle Eastern war

• Try reading the Quran, I have, and believe me it is far from a book of peace. Yes, Christians may have acted in a barbaric manner in the distant past, but that isn't now. Correct me if I am wrong, the crucifixions you refer to were performed on Christians, not by them.

Some Muslims believe there should be a new testament of the Quran because it is not fitting for modern times, but I doubt very much that will ever happen. As it stands numerous amounts of atrocities are being carried out in the name of Mohamed, and Islam stands out as the religion that causes the most problems. To pretend otherwise is just taking the woke viewpoint, and isn't facing reality. The reason hundreds of thousands of Muslims have taken to the street is to support Hamas and their actions, surely you can't support what they are doing?

My hope is that younger generations will come to view the Koran much as they now view the Bible - an archaic document that doesn’t apply to modern life.

But that’s just a dream and it won’t happen even in my grandchildren’s lifetimes.

• people have the right to protest & there is a difference between sympathy for the Palestinians & outright support for Hamas

People who can praise Hamas for what they did disgust me & I believe they can be arrested for supporting Terrorism

I don’t agree however that we should pretend that there aren’t 2 sides to this conflict, those people who just say we should side with Israel whatever they are wrong too

Im happy that Sunak is supporting Israel publicly but I hope the Uk government is using diplomatic channels to try & end this before it becomes a major Middle Eastern war

They weren’t protesting . They were celebrating , the blood of those babies were scarcely dry and the Israelis hadn’t done anything they were reeling in shock .

There are two sides but only one has the deliberate intention to kill defenceless men women and children .

• people have the right to protest & there is a difference between sympathy for the Palestinians & outright support for Hamas

Hamas cannot last too long in the tunnels without electricity to ventilate them. That’s one of the reasons why Israel has turned everything off.

You cannot realistically expect an end to the fighting as Israel’s mission is now to take out Hamas, so unless Hamas surrenders (a highly unlikely situation) there is no alternative. Hamas don’t have much truck with diplomacy, I’m afraid, so what other choices are there?

This war needs to end, and as quickly as possible to bring peace to the region.

If you continue to let the third world into your country, eventually your country will become the third world.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!