Suella Braverman in the firing line

Please treat other members in a constructive manner and abide by our Forum Rules at all times.
  • Well maybe not the cause directly but it was something that Richard Tice said on GBNews this morning that struck a cord and about the whole disruptions or stir up one could call it that Cameron instigated in the Middle East. I think we need to stay well out of it as anything we have done in the Middle East over the many years has only seems to make matters worse. Getting rid of Gaddafi, Saddam Hussain or anyone else...has it really done us any favours or stabilised anything in the Middle East. Even Egypt has had it's issues. We stir shit and it comes back to bite us in the arse.

• The papers are having a field day with her letter to Rishi.

That sour faced old prune has had that letter ready and waiting to go for weeks if not months.

Conservatives!

More like the extremist wing of the Monster Raving Loonies.

• Yes and no, I don't think the police are above criticism whatsoever but she used a generalisation in so far as I am aware and naturally life isn't cut and dried black and white.

Each occurrence needs to be looked at Individually not as a comparison to another, that includes public pressure, perceptions before during and after include in that stupid statements from senior politicians that so far as I'm aware were never apologised for.

Let's pick a couple. Woman prosecuted for offensive placard outside abortion clinic,no prospect of a riot, seen as an easy collar. Offensive placard displayed as part of a very large emotive march where heavy handedness could be the spark for mass unrest that the police will find it difficult to contain due to problems on another front . Offender videoed and collared later same outcome, different route. Some call that favourites or selective, I call it common sense.

Sarah Everard vigil, attendees were in direct breach of a court order, they were abusive and confrontational with police who were by nature of reason the vigil seen as the problem. Damned if the did,damned if they didn't, they did a pretty good job,but got fucked over by a biased press. This resulted in a clamour for Cressida Dicks head, disparaging comments from Sir Ed Davey and Jess Philips Labour front bencher. Philips accused the police if sticking the boot in several times on national TV, Ed Davey incredibly disparaging towards the commissioner met police. Within a week the police were exonerated, did you hear any apologies.

The Police have made some bad calls, found wanting on different areas but do a marvellous job now, hypocritical shite. They've always done a great job, but made some mistakes, they get far less credit than they deserve and far more criticism than they deserve.

I agree except for one point re the Abortion Clinic Protest, very peaceful small but after a while local residents and Clinic Staf found it unpleasant especially the Clinic staff , therefore if I recall correctly following complaints the local Council applied for a Court Order to put in an exclusion zone no protesting in that area.

One or two people did not comply and when requested by Police to leave the exclusion zone if they refused were arrested the Police had to comply with the Court Order like it or not.

• The papers are having a field day with her letter to Rishi.

That sour faced old prune has had that letter ready and waiting to go for weeks if not months.

Conservatives!

More like the extremist wing of the Monster Raving Loonies.

Well, now we have the appeal court’s decision, Suella can boast that she was right.

• Indeed she was right.. It was Sunak who sat on his hands and did nothing about illegal immigration.

She was sacked because she was an embarrassment what with her pontificating in public via the right wing press.

I do expect to see her pushing to be party leader when they lose the election but just hope the members of the Conservative Party are not impressed with her appalling agenda.

Mind you it could be worse, we could end up with Jeremy Cu..Hunt as leader and a future PM!

He'd sell off the NHS and his children.

• Braverman has clearly had this letter prepared for some time, if that was the case why wait until now to produce it, she should have just resigned and given this letter more credence because right now she is just giving a sour grapes rant.

Her references to legislation etc are untrue, the legislation was put in place regarding Rwanda, the criminal Justice Bill was put in place, but legislation regarding last weekends marches was not necessary as they didn't meet the government's set thresholds. Let's be fair, as Home Secretary if she felt it so strongly why didn't she apply to ban these marches? Probably because to do so would have created more problems than it solved as I suspect they may still have gone ahead.

I feel my earlier opinion that she should have had her wings clipped and continue in post was incorrect, this letter clearly shows that she wants to blame others not accept responsibility.

With regards to Rwanda, Rishi it seems is gonna try and make this happen and I'm not convinced in light of today's judgement that's wise, but he has far better qualified advisors than I, let them earn their loaf.

We still await Lyndsey Hoyles comeback on the Cameron scrutiny question and I can't help but feel this is something else that could go legal. However as precedents have previously been set regarding this issue, it's possible that he may express concern on the level of scrutiny available but concede he is powerless to prevent the appointment.

Do unto others as they would do unto you, then plead temporary insanitary 😂. :saint:

• Well, I've been waiting for it and my favourite Lefty musical family hasn't disappointed. They've actually already posted a vid on the protests, but of course they couldn't let this go either.

I don't post all their vids here and I don't think I've linked to any of the other three videos they have done on Braverman over the past year (check them out), so here is their fourth version of their Sea Shanty song: (and I love it)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

They've done lots of vids on migrants, which you can find yourselves on their channel, but I do love their "Paddington" one too using the music from the "King's" segment of Hamilton:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• don't post all their vids here and I don't think I've linked to any of the other three videos they have done on Braverman over the past year (check them out), so here is their fourth version of their Sea Shanty song: (and I love it)

I particularly like the idea of Braverman in panto !

• don't post all their vids here and I don't think I've linked to any of the other three videos they have done on Braverman over the past year (check them out), so here is their fourth version of their Sea Shanty song: (and I love it)

I particularly like the idea of Braverman in panto !

One of the Ugly Sisters? :D

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!