Double Standards - Perverse and Wrong?

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • What is your opinion on the claim in this picture?

main-qimg-7733e6ecfbed9f2d8e8c77ae523ef30c

8|Do not trade me a Rabbit and hand me a Hare. (I know the strain of species in Leporidae).

Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.

• Oh wot an interesting topic.

I think I have read similar before.

Shut down.

Best not to say too much. People who luv come visiting you with hammers wearing balaclavas

I think I'm just an unwanted.

I tick all the boxes for people to hate these days. Male,white,English,wrong class. Basically everything the BBC hates or thinks smells.

I think I am the toilet paper only fit to wipe Emily Thornberrys butt.

I am the true Englishman who has a chip on both shoulders: never got anything from the Empire,but always told my sort got it all.

Dunno from where from

Do you ever feel like going Postal

Jack Straws son or grandson might tell me where I have gone all wrong.

• OK. It is true though.

8|Do not trade me a Rabbit and hand me a Hare. (I know the strain of species in Leporidae).

Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.

• By the looks of it most didn't agree and walked out unless they are wearing invincibility cloaks.

The point is it was proposed and acted upon.

• IMO they shouldn't be having a minutes silence for either but maybe they had fair few pints of Guinness that day. A minutes silence is to remember the war dead. Anything else is disrespecting them and taking the depth and impact away from them by making it common place and the norm.

• IMO they shouldn't be having a minutes silence for either but maybe they had fair few pints of Guinness that day. A minutes silence is to remember the war dead. Anything else is disrespecting them and taking the depth and impact away from them by making it common place and the norm.

It is very simple: A violent criminal, a drug pusher, killed while NOT complying with the police upon arrest, and young innocent citizens of Ireland murdered or maimed by a violent thug. If that is not a fuxk-up of reasoning by the elected politicians - I don't know what is.

• The unfortunate thing is they are all elected. Floyd was a career criminal who may not have deserved to die but sure as hell didn't deserve martyrdom.

It goes to show how pathetic some amongst us have become. Even Jimmy Saville did more good in one week than Floyd did in a lifetime, but we won't go there.

When I see shit like that I understand the desire to terminate politicians.

Did your parents have any children that lived.

• I liked CLs tired,desolate humour. It's the sort I have

Careful CL that wry comic comedy could have you jailed: hate speech.

Remember the Hitler Saluting dog episode. Up in the Midlands we had the East Midlands bomb joke. A wry comment made with British humour had the bloke arraigned to court. Only saved from the slammer by other prominent comedians coming to his defence

Such are the times we live in

Remember too,Scotland Yard says 1 in 4 British men should now be in jug cos 1 in 4 men are paedophile

Was down in a Satchi gallery when some such stuff kicked off. All went fireworks. Still,police and legals all enjoyed the bounty hunt.

Funny olde place this Englande is nowadays

• I'd llike to chip into this thread which is about double standards regarding the Philip Schofield affair. I am not gay, have zero interest in promoting the LBGTQ cause, but this sticks in my craw.

You see it is acknowledged that the Schofield affair was perfectly legal and IMO no damned business if anyone else. Clearly the media and ITV think otherwise.This imo is an intrusion of people's private lives, accepting naturally that if it occurs at work during work paid time then that is a no no.

Now, Richard an Judy a couple married hosted breakfast tv for years, so what's different? Age differences have nothing to do with an employer and even if it did, what becomes an acceptable age difference will clearly vary between individuals based on experience, life skills and background.

Here's the article, let me know your opinions please.

Phillip Schofield 'declined' to take part in review of ITV because of 'risk to health'
    Many junior employees at ITV "remain convinced that to speak out will have a detrimental impact on their careers", says Jane Mulcahy KC who led the review.
    news.sky.com

• This clown Schofield, crying on TV, multi-thousands of sheepy people, affected by it, also crying - how pathetic.

The slimeball was shagging a young man for many years. His wife of 20 + years suffered the contempt of Schofield further damaged by his public announcement.

A vile person. Good riddance.

• Echo

The question was in no way about sexuality, because the whole saga could easily have been him with a young woman.

What he does in or out of his marriage is sweet FA to do with ITV, SKY, BBCor any damned media outlet of tabloid.This is 100% to do with when your private life us private, whether you can have a relationship with a work colleague or whether it's appropriate if your 40 years or 40 months older or younger and who has the right to judge.

The issue about hurt of his wife is an issue for them not the wider public or media.

• Echo

The question was in no way about sexuality, because the whole saga could easily have been him with a young woman.

What he does in or out of his marriage is sweet FA to do with ITV, SKY, BBCor any damned media outlet of tabloid.This is 100% to do with when your private life us private, whether you can have a relationship with a work colleague or whether it's appropriate if your 40 years or 40 months older or younger and who has the right to judge.

The issue about hurt of his wife is an issue for them not the wider public or media.

He, Schofield, deliberately planned for a public announcement. On the Morning Show. He is a gobshite. Even the leftie-woke morons failed to grasp the double standard - (1) Schofield, crying on live TV - the leftie woke brigade, upset FOR HIM!!! (2) They did not give a flying duck for his wife - the real victim.

• I agree it's none of the employers business unless it's contracted that you are not allowed to have relationships with other employees though in reality that is unenforceable. I think the real issue here is the abuse of power and position. He's a slimeball that took advantage. There probably an issue of lies and cover up too. He should have stuck to bumming Gordan the Gopher.

• Echo

Exactly , Mother Nature makes us what we are and has done since the mists of time, homosexuality is no longer a criminal offence in the UK and many other countries , however in some countries it still is and may even incur the death penalty.

Scofield did nothing wrong the young man he did have a sexual relationship with was over the age of consent and both men were attracted to each other end of story.

Yes he lived a double life , but he was and still is a loving parent and supports his wife, which is far more then some people do who just walk away.

• Exactly , Mother Nature makes us what we are and has done since the mists of time, homosexuality is no longer a criminal offence in the UK and many other countries , however in some countries it still is and may even incur the death penalty.

Scofield did nothing wrong the young man he did have a sexual relationship with was over the age of consent and both men were attracted to each other end of story.

Yes he lived a double life , but he was and still is a loving parent and supports his wife, which is far more then some people do who just walk away.

He is a vile person. So you think shagging someone else for 10 years while still in a marriage of 20+ years with teenage daughters - NOT telling your wife and then announcing it on one of the most watched TV shows is Ok and he "did nothing wrong"??

What if his wife sought out Schofields boy, in a fit of rage, and stabbed him to death? I tell you this - she would have a serious defence and avoid a Murder charge and would not go to prison.

What if his daughters were beaten up because of his TV announcement?

You are saying that slime Schofield has no responsibility.

You pour out your disdain for Robinson and his behaviour is bad and inciteful yet you are fully behind this vile B TV personality.

You also take that typical approach - implying that any criticism is an attack on people who prefer same-sex relationships.

• No ECHOwe don't,I don't condemn someone for having an affair male or female.Do you know for certain that Schofields wife was unaware before he went public?

Yes i do believe he did nothing wrong, imnot the moral police,ex PM John Major snagged Edwina Curry, Angela Rayner has had affairs, Boris Johnson also, so sorry its human nature. Your indignation does come across as being because it was a homosexual relationship but that could just be my perception.

Do affairs make the person VILE ?in your opinion yes but not in mine,maybe your moral standards are higher than mine.

There is no comparison here between TR and Schofield,but again it only enforces the belief its homophobic.

• No ECHOwe don't,I don't condemn someone for having an affair male or female.Do you know for certain that Schofields wife was unaware before he went public?

Yes i do believe he did nothing wrong, imnot the moral police,ex PM John Major snagged Edwina Curry, Angela Rayner has had affairs, Boris Johnson also, so sorry its human nature. Your indignation does come across as being because it was a homosexual relationship but that could just be my perception.

Do affairs make the person VILE ?in your opinion yes but not in mine,maybe your moral standards are higher than mine.

There is no comparison here between TR and Schofield,but again it only enforces the belief its homophobic.

You have completely misconstrued my comments. I do not judge anyone - however, I have the right to judge people in the public eye and public service (politicians etc) this is why the bar on Defamation is set at a higher level before they can sue for Defamation.

I have a dislike for so-called Celebs, I do not raise them to a higher status than anyone else. Yes, people who take an oath, I expect the most excellent standards and accountability. But Schofield is nothing, just a highly paid person for sitting on a sofa spewing crassness.

I place more value on Care Workers, Firefighters, Police, Prison Officers, ParaMedics - by a country mile.

My point has to do with Schofield announcing his crap personal lifestyle in public. He did it because it was about to be revealed by someone else. He was "FOUND-OUT".

It is clear to me that the absence of reporting on the side of his wife says a lot about the two-faced do gooders lgbtq brigade.

• My point has to do with Schofield announcing his crap personal lifestyle in public. He did it because it was about to be revealed by someone else. He was "FOUND-OUT".

FOUND OUT! what does that mean, because he is/was a celeb( i agree with you on celeb status) that he has no right to a private life?

I cannot and will not ever accept that.What right does anyone else have to out him.I don't like gay men that get married have a family then decide they prefer cock.My niece married one, he later became HIV because he shagged and got shagged by anyone it seemed.In those cases i don't have respect for that, but i will defend his right to live his life without intrusion from someone who has no right to be there.

Regarding his wife, lots of unanswered questions there.What makes you think his wife wanted any reporting on her side? She has in so far as I'm aware supported him, As have his kids.

If that was me, no- one but those closest to me would be interested, but if your deemed to have celebrity status then your fair game.often these slurs can ruin careers even if proven false.i created a thread about Mason Greenwood, there are some points in there.

• FOUND OUT! what does that mean, because he is/was a celeb( i agree with you on celeb status) that he has no right to a private life?

I cannot and will not ever accept that.What right does anyone else have to out him.I don't like gay men that get married have a family then decide they prefer cock.My niece married one, he later became HIV because he shagged and got shagged by anyone it seemed.In those cases i don't have respect for that, but i will defend his right to live his life without intrusion from someone who has no right to be there.

Regarding his wife, lots of unanswered questions there.What makes you think his wife wanted any reporting on her side? She has in so far as I'm aware supported him, As have his kids.

If that was me, no- one but those closest to me would be interested, but if your deemed to have celebrity status then your fair game.often these slurs can ruin careers even if proven false.i created a thread about Mason Greenwood, there are some points in there.

He was made aware that one person was about to blow the whistle on his double standards. So he decided to announce it on TV.

The question of "intrusion" is a misnomer in his case. He chose to go public in such a nasty way. He also had an ego so big, a narcissist so consumed by his own importance he actually thought people cared. Most people could not give a damn and most people were disgusted with the way he treated his wife.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!