Is our news reporting becoming too left wing.

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • BBC News - Gap between haves and have-nots widening, report warns

Gap between haves and have-nots widening, report warns
    Report mentions stagnant wages and mental health issues, and says the gap widened in the pandemic.
    www.bbc.co.uk

I saw this article this morning and it strikes me that across the socioliberal section of our society that there is an unhealthy obsession with wealth.

Now how do we define wealth, it seems it all about how much you have. Houses , cars, planes, helicopters, swimming pool and of course the size of your bank balance.

Our own PM so labelled as his wife's family is super rich, he is a millionaire. It's like being wealthy is like getting cancer, "Oh no you poor sod, it must be awful to have so much", I jest of course, wouldn't we all like to be lottery rollover winners.

The headline above seems all wrong in my mind. It should read the gap is widening between the have too much and the want more of what you've gots.

Before the socioliberals get all sweaty and stuttery,I grew up in REAL POVERTY, a chronic invalid for mother, a father who died before contributing enough to ensure we had more. Even as a Dunkirk veteran is meant FA.

I used to get a grant (pittance as it was) every year to buy school uniform, I hated it but needed it. I am no longer a have not, but by fuck I've worked for it, it's also something in getting that's cost a portion of my health.

I have no idea whether a wealth tax is needed, I think it's unjustifiable, it's legalised theft imho. But pushing the narrative that the headline alludes to is imo what has created revolutions and civil wars. Argentina today still has 140% inflation, but we have an awful lot of individuals that want to haves but want it given instead of earned.

Let the games begin.

Did your parents have any children that lived.

• I saw this article this morning and it strikes me that across the socioliberal section of our society that there is an unhealthy obsession with wealth.

Some people are driven by money others not so much

The tele , internet & hoardings in our towns shove advertising for things we probably don’t need down our throats

So it’s no surprise that some people spend more than they should on things they probably don’t need

Without doubt there is poverty & deprivation in some areas of this country & the reasons can be complex

People can be poor for many reasons, we’re now in a situation where in some places people haven’t worked for several generations.

If your a young person growing up it must be quite difficult to break out of that cycle when your parents have zero aspirations themselves

So what to do

1 Education, schools & universities need to produce people with the right skills

2 minimum wage should be a living wage

3 income tax threshold should be raised to allow more low paid people to keep what they earn, too many people are better off on benefits

• Before the socioliberals get all sweaty and stuttery,I grew up in REAL POVERTY, a chronic invalid for mother, a father who died before contributing enough to ensure we had more. Even as a Dunkirk veteran is meant FA.

CL Did you always want to join the Army

I was wondering if when you look back do you think your choice of joining the military was in part influenced by the security that bring after having such a difficult childhood ?

• TR A reasonsble question, my family had some military links. My next eldest brother, my sister had both been in. My dad as mentioned, his brother was a POW of the Japanese, he came home so emaciated it was heartbreaking. A phycologist would probably tell you I joined to get away from being my mothers carer,years ago I would have got upset at that, but I'm old enough and hopefully wise enough to recognise there could be some truth there.

I was 6'1"" on joining up and 12st wet through. Told o didn't have enough body fat to sustain me through basic training, the army fed me up 😪😅😅. My mates got chicken I got a big steak, that was awful 😉.

I grew up without a dad, money was god, especially when you've got none. Free school dinner tickets got sold so I could take my girlfriend now my wife out. Security,Oh yes, a good life, good mates, good food by my bringing up standard and money in my pocket. I guess I am what's termed institutionalised.

• Our news reporting is NOT becoming too left wing.... It's been Left wing for years. What with the Guardian, the Morning Star, The Mirror and the BBC, most news items are biased towards the Woke Lefty sections of society.............. The interests of Normal, Heterosexual, White, Christian Males are ignored in favour of those who live in the edge of acceptable society.

The Voice of Reason

• 1 Education, schools & universities need to produce people with the right skills

2 minimum wage should be a living wage

3 income tax threshold should be raised to allow more low paid people to keep what they earn, too many people are better off on benefits

Number 1 they can start with teachers. The teachers need educating first before they can teach others.

Number 2 what is classed as a living wage is not really a living wage.

Number 3 that would be a good start but with the lack of decent well paid jobs there will still be many on benefits when you take into consideration housing benefit and the cost of renting, council tax etc. I would add the removal of councill tax for low paid workers also.

The headline for that article is not wrong.

[Not being able to copy and paste in this rich text editor is crap. How can I edit in code view?]

• Here is a wonderful highlight reel of everything we know about the bias BBC.

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• You see that's what grips my shit when the nurses, jr doctors and consultants were on strike, hospital workers are put into pay bands depending on your job.

A cleaner, porter, security, kitchen staff and healthcare assistants are all band 2, they get with enhancements around what Norra said £24k. If these people can manage although they probably have 2 wages going in, htf can a nurse who leaves training on £27k basic without enhancements.

Without digressing too far , it's clear the Jr Doctors strike is now more political than financial imo.

If we strip the wealth out of our country, if we force those that HAVE as the article says to put their money out of country, we condemn ourselves. The greatest proportion of tax revenue comes from those at the top.

Please don't get me wrong, I do believe in some professions their salaries are obscene. Football players in the top teams on several thousand a week, imho no-one is worth that kind of salary. When County council CEOs also public servants get paid more than the PM, the balance and sense of worth is all skewed and totally wrong.

If we could somehow rebalance housing prices, we could go a long way to improving peoples sense of worth, which appears to be based on material possessions as opposed to job salary security and position.

• The Minumum wage is a con.

8| All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered: the point is to discover them. (Galileo)

IF YOU STAND FOR NOTHING - YOU FALL FOR EVERYTHING.

• Aspects of how we report news in this country has been a source of much frustration to me for years.

I don't particularly care if the news readers or tv channels have a political bias (BBC included) but I do care about details and the lack of obvious questions that never seem to get asked/answered in order to introduce context to a subject.

Anyone who might feel they're being lead like sheep to a third parties conclusion/stance on any given subject has my sympathy, because that's pretty much how I view "ALL" news media.

By and large, news coverage (televised or in print form) is simply a business - a commodity, molded/modelled to attract a target audience for commercial gain. Some are more bias than others, sometimes blatantly so and I don't think there's a single impartial source out there - every source has an underlying bias (including the BBC) and in my opinion, is getting increasingly "dumbed down" year on year, which is hardly surprising considering that i think that society/humanity as a whole is a hell of a lot dumber than it thinks it is.

• BBC News - Gap between haves and have-nots widening, report warns Gap between haves and have-nots widening, report warns

http://www.bbc.co.uk

I saw this article this morning and it strikes me that across the socioliberal section of our society that there is an unhealthy obsession with wealth.

It’s just left wing obsessive jealousy. Work hard, earn a fortune and enjoy. Ignore the jealous layabouts who cannot be arsed to do a decent day’s work or better themselves.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!