Police - Agents For The Institutions/Authorities A Disgrace?

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • There are hundreds of videos on YouTube and elsewhere of Police Officers called to incidents to do with Enforcement Agents - TV Licensing Goons - Baillifs et al

where the Police automatically take the side of the agent. They even start with a preconception the agent must be right. These are not criminal matters

The house occupant wants them trespassed. They do not have a warrant. Yet the police side with the agents from the get-go.

What do you think about such behaviour from the police?

The link below is just one of hundreds.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

8|Do not trade me a Rabbit and hand me a Hare. (I know the strain of species in Leporidae).

Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.

• Echo, Here we go again, ignorance is bliss.

Firstly, police are well aware of the whatever powers bailiffs or debt collectors have, it would be stupid to comment on individual cases especially when not in possession of the full facts. In these videos people tell how they feel, what they believe when the law is very different.

In most cases of debt collection the debtor has been contacted or attempted to be contacted on many occasions. Often, debtors become aggressive or abusive towards collectors or bailiff's, if there is no court order or a a controlled goods agreement they have no power to enter your home. However, there are several different types of bailiff/collectors and knowing which one they are is very important.

Bailiffs collecting debt for non payment of criminal fines have a power to enter by force if necessary, but only after notice has been given and iirc 2 days minimum notice. If a court order or arrest warrant is issued they can also enter by force if necessary. Motor vehicles are invariably one of the first things taken by bailiffs recovering debt, easy to locate and take and then easy to sell, but all reasonable steps to confirm ownership must be taken, DVLA and the HP agreement database.

If in your house they can take luxury goods, but not goods you need like clothes food, cooking appliances, but jewellery, TV's , iPads etc are fair game as is your car.

Secret here, pay your fcuking debts, don't ignore the company or bailiff's as this often increases the fines/costs. Very rarely are the so called debtor within their rights. If they collect after you've paid, they commit a criminal offence of fraud.

Did your parents have any children that lived.

• I am fully aware of the law, inside out, to do with Bailiffs, Enforcement Agents, and Police Officers. You have stated what is common knowledge. I have deliberately not mentioned AGGRESSION or ABUSE. I have stated "no warrants". My thread is as it is written. You have written your own thread and answered that.

My post can not be clearer: I have stated the time when police side with the "agents" AUTOMATICALLY. They are not acting within the law by taking sides automatically. They should be impartial, Such matters are not criminal offences. They are civil law matters. The police should stand back and watch.

I have cited hundreds of such videos and actually posted a video. You have not watched it.

I understand, that you being a cop have AUTOMATICALLY defended the cops. You should be open-minded.

I would never defend this, if I was a Police Officer. It is very common.

Trespass is trespass. No warrant is no warrant. Police have nothing to do with it. It is a civil matter.

When the homeowner tells the "agent" to get off their land they can physically move them. The police (standing watching) should step in to prevent a breach of the peace and MOVE the "agent". (Public Order Act)

8|Do not trade me a Rabbit and hand me a Hare. (I know the strain of species in Leporidae).

Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.

• I agree you are wasting your time trying to debate with him what he does not know he makes up, some people would call that lies or LOB, I

As you have pointed out correctly High Court Bailiffs in possession of a High Court Writ have the authority to enter a place of business that a Debtor may own and seize goods to the value of the debt owned. or their place of residence by force if need be as a last resort

Likewise TV Licence Investigators that are denied entry to a house where that they suspect the residents owner, tenant are watching TV without a valid TV Licence they can and do apply at the the Local Magistrates Court for a Search Warrant to enter by Force if necessary

If they find the evidence they need a summons is usually issued to appear at the Magistrates Court, if they plead guilty or found guilty the Maximum they can be fined is £1,000 and possible Court costs and victims surcharge on top.

Some wrongly think people can be sent to Prison for not paying for a TV Licence , not so if they do not pay any Fine imposed by the Court , the Court can and do issue an Arrest Warrant for non- payment of Fines, if push comes to shove or they refuse to pay the Magistrate can commit them to Prison for not paying their fine.

As for his wild claim that Police takes sides again more LOB, they don't its a Civil Matter the Police don't want to be there they don't deal in Civil matters they may be asked to attend to prevent a possible Breach of the Peace especially if the debtor has previously become aggressive to the Debt Collectors or becomes violent.

• The best way to deal with TV licence folk....

TVL Inspector Spooked by Masked Cameraman 15 Aug 11
    Clearly this inspector didn't want any close-up shots. Just the sight of the tripod sent him packing! I'm a bit disappointed, hope they send someone braver n...
    www.youtube.com

Secret here, pay your fcuking debts, don't ignore the company or bailiff's as this often increases the fines/costs.

Not always true. It depends if it's a criminal matter like not paying council tax or a civil matter like not paying off a credit card debt. Banks will sell the debt on to a private debt collector that try to bully folk into paying up. I think many councills also do this for non payment of parking fines etc The best thing you can do is not make any form of contact with them, including on the phone when they ring up and ignore any correspondence from them. Absolutely no verbal or written word can pass between you and the private debt collector or it resets the time they legally have to chase the debt which IIRC is 3 years from the initial request to pay up but they can sell the debt on.

After IIRC 8 years the debt is completely wiped clean so it can't even be sold on. What you will find is that these private debt collectors get bored after about a year or two and they will then sell the debt on to another private debt collector that fancies their chances and so and so on. After 8 years your free but you credit rating will be screwed if that's of any importance to you.

I have first hand experience of this and followed what I was told by the citizens advice to do which was to ignore them so didn't answer the phone, didn't open the door and I didn't even open any threatening letters and just made a big pile of them.

I got away with tens of thousands as the banks kept upping my limit and I went mad on it and they kept upping it even more and I continued spending LOL If it was the bank chasing me it would have been a different matter as I signed a contract with the bank so they could have got the courts on side. The point is I did not sign any contract or make any agreement with any of the private debt collectors that chased and tried to harass me for 8 years so they had no leg to stand on and I did not owe them anything.

A criminal matter is a completely different case and should not be ignored. Is non payment of a TV license still a criminal offence? IIRC I think they removed that a few years back and now it's a civil matter which is why so many folk can now get away with it.

As for the police attending with bailiffs, more often than not bailiffs appointed by the courts, they are only there to keep the peace.

• In 2020 there was a suggestion by a Peer that no TV Licence should be dealt with by a Civil Court only not a Criminal Court but that did not happen

No TV Licence is still a Criminal Offence , however as it is dealt with by way of a Summons you are not Arrested therefore you do not get a Criminal Record

• Two of you have "upgraded" the issue to PROVEN cases and WITH WARRANTS. I have not said that No way in my thread will you see that. You are answering your OWN questions.

I have considerable knowledge on the power of Bailiffs- TV Licensing - Police etc. I am 100% aware of the laws as well as on trespass etc.

Repeating the law here, is not necessary because I know the law and I have not cited people who have broken any law. I am talking about people who are RIGHT and Police / Agents etc who are wrong.

No police officer has any authority in the enforcement of civil law. I ask Canny Lad to answer this - it is a YES or NO answer.

They can be called to a situation to see that the King's Peace is observed and that's that.

You are wrong and it is shocking that you are so wrong yet assert such rudeness and insults.

But that is the action of leftist, liberal, woke people who read nothing except the MSM reports.

When I asked you to find actual evidence of Tommy being a racist and hate stirrer - none f you produced any - and we all know why.

Now all you do is cite the actual laws which all sensible people know. Instead of looking at what I have written. Then you use insults. Well, bully for you. Insults are the first sign of angst and annoyance that your fixed mindset has been pricked.

Integrity is everything - if I saw a work colleague break the law and duties expected I would never argue in their favour. I would say it as it is. Many cops support bad behaviour and criminal activity by their fellow officers - most do not - there is nothing wrong in pointing the finger at bad cops or stupid cops. They can lock you up - many stupid cops have locked a person up or put the cuffs on.

The good cops should step up to the plate and stop the bad cops.

• Echo, no one is insulting you, look at the damned title, yet another attack on the police. Civil law of course they have power, every citizen in the country has a power to arrest under civil law, but only for an arrestable offence. But as a point whenever a police officer issues fixed penalty notice it is generally under civil law but not always, so the answer to question is yes a police officer can enforce under civil law.

The word ignorance implies a lack of knowledge, but you choose to use it as a personal attack. I don't look at one case and make a blanket judgement and your keep harping on about TR or Starmers penis statement is a irritating to say the least.

The writer of your video above is a youtuber, he lives and works in a fantasy land. Is he the dickhead in the video, I suspect so, if yes than all that video contains is probably manufactured to his petty little narrative.

You seem to have a lot of all seeing knowledge of all things a life study of TR, all things law, bailiffs, civil law. Your post was painting a narrative that the police are goons that always side with the agent, wrong again, the police are as Fred pointed out often called as a result of the behaviour of the alleged debtor. Officers make split second judgment based on what is seen and heard. There is no discussion if the agents are acting upon an order by a court, but with your extensive knowledge you already know that.

Because the police close down your hero TR you clearly are fixated that they are agents of a state conspiracy. Agents of the state they maybe, but they enforce the law, the law of the land not the law according to TR or any other moron who disregards court orders. I.D.G.A.F whether TR is racist, islamaphobic, homophobic, agraphobic and any other phobic, put simply ge doesn't enter my thought processes, by the minute, the hour, day or month, he is nothing. So please stop barking for him.

• Echo, no one is insulting you, look at the damned title, yet another attack on the police. Civil law of course they have power, every citizen in the country has a power to arrest under civil law, but only for an arrestable offence. But as a point whenever a police officer issues fixed penalty notice it is generally under civil law but not always, so the answer to question is yes a police officer can enforce under civil law.

The word ignorance implies a lack of knowledge, but you choose to use it as a personal attack. I don't look at one case and make a blanket judgement and your keep harping on about TR or Starmers penis statement is a irritating to say the least.

The writer of your video above is a youtuber, he lives and works in a fantasy land. Is he the dickhead in the video, I suspect so, if yes than all that video contains is probably manufactured to his petty little narrative.

You seem to have a lot of all seeing knowledge of all things a life study of TR, all things law, bailiffs, civil law. Your post was painting a narrative that the police are goons that always side with the agent, wrong again, the police are as Fred pointed out often called as a result of the behaviour of the alleged debtor. Officers make split second judgment based on what is seen and heard. There is no discussion if the agents are acting upon an order by a court, but with your extensive knowledge you already know that.

Because the police close down your hero TR you clearly are fixated that they are agents of a state conspiracy. Agents of the state they maybe, but they enforce the law, the law of the land not the law according to TR or any other moron who disregards court orders. I.D.G.A.F whether TR is racist, islamaphobic, homophobic, agraphobic and any other phobic, put simply ge doesn't enter my thought processes, by the minute, the hour, day or month, he is nothing. So please stop barking for him.

Not s. Your perception, as a police officer, is one of protecting your group. I have vast experience in law, courts, the DOJ - consumer law, and consumer rights. You do not have to be a police officer to know such information. Most officers have no clue about the law. That is why we have courts, solicitors, and Barristers.

I am not a Mechanic but I can take apart my motorbike engine and fix it. I do not work for Lloyds Bank but I know more about banking (accounts and my rights) than the bank employees I speak to on the phone.

I do not work as an insurance Broker but I know more about Insurance law and my rights than most of them do. I have never lost a case when I deal with such matters.

It is not an attack on police to point out where they are seriously wrong and acting outside their powers on Pace and the law.

YOU should be happy to denounce bad policing. This makes you a good officer with integrity.

I support officers who are good and honest and work to their oath. I support the officers who jump into a river and save a drowning person. I support officers who run to a dangerous incident when most of us run the opposite way.

• Re "that video": Did the police immediately, automatically side with the "agents"? Just answer that. You seem to saying that a weak man is OK, fair game for the "agents" and police. I say this is MORE the reason THE police should support him. The "agents" were bullying an old sick man. Would you say the police should support him as he was ill?

• I have now, he is a shite actor. He spent to whole video telling you nothing more than he was supposedly poorly, at my lowest ebb.

He prattled about things you have no conceivable way of ascertaining are genuine, but the fact that he post videos for effect and fantasy ideas tells you all you need to know.

I don't believe a word the man uttered, the whole video was about sympathy for little old me, I hadn't eaten for 3 days. As if any agents would know that. Unless of course they were from the matrix and it was agent smith at his door.

Sorry echo your gonna have to do better than that. But with your extensive knowledge of all things we may ask why you even bother consulting or debating.

• I have now, he is a shite actor. He spent to whole video telling you nothing more than he was supposedly poorly, at my lowest ebb.

He prattled about things you have no conceivable way of ascertaining are genuine, but the fact that he post videos for effect and fantasy ideas tells you all you need to know.

I don't believe a word the man uttered, the whole video was about sympathy for little old me, I hadn't eaten for 3 days. As if any agents would know that. Unless of course they were from the matrix and it was agent smith at his door.

Sorry echo your gonna have to do better than that. But with your extensive knowledge of all things we may ask why you even bother consulting or debating.

Are you saying you watched it and did not see the police officers? are you saying there were no police officers in attendance?

I served many years in a uniformed service. I have vast experience in law and courts etc. (I try not to state my personal life on the Internet).

Your sarcastic comment about extensive knowledge is a tad low iQ stuff. But you are the cop - you say have the knowledge - I presume? So challenge me on the law - Police or anything you wish.

You seem to be confirming my assertions in my thread> You are a cop - You condone cops breaking the law and not honoring their oath. I never did tolerate lawbreakers within my service- and never will. I have the backbone to state the truth and stand up to them.

I would tell the officers in the vid to do their job properly I would take them to side and educate them into being better officers.

I am not talking about mistakes or human error, I am talking about the law, the biased officers siding with "agents" also unlawfully forcing a contract.

Would you like YOUR father, in that position, to be dealt with in this way? I would be arrested because I would confront the officers and the "agents". I would also have the case thrown out.

• Echo, which video are you talking about. The video in your OP showed nothing more than Richard very poorly Vobes sitting talking throughout the whole video.

I saw no-one but Mr very Poorly, he could have been talking about anyone anywhere hence my comments. So NO I saw no police officers acting unlawfully or otherwise.

I do not condone cops or anyone else breaking the law, in fact smarty britches I was responsible for several law breaking cops being removed from police service because I didn't turn a blind eye and they weren't even in my force. In fact even during my probation I had a run in with my tutor because I gave a cop a yellow FPN much to his disgust, my sergeant who also witnessed it told him I would be his one and only probationer to tutor as a result.

I left the police in 1999, some 24yrs ago, I have probably forgotten more than you'll ever know. I have no intention of challenging you, today you could get answers from the web quicker than I can type the question.

But again I say to you look at the title of this thread, it makes a blanket statement, that indicated imo an anti police bias, if I'm wrong I'm sure my fellow forum members will let me know and I'll even go as far as to say if they do I will give you a very sincere apology, but your words indicate to me that in your mind your extensive knowledge is beyond challenge.

• "I have probably forgotten more than you'll ever know". LOL LOL

My error, there is a follow-up to the video. I am anti-Police - anti-BAD Police. My tax pays their wages. They take an oath. They have exceptional power. You also can google for info - but I have not inferred that is what you do. I take your word for what you say. Sadly, you do not bestow that same respect.

So you think the comments from several users on this forum are the decider on what is honest? OK, Good for you on that one.

There are hundreds of videos on YouTUbe alone showing Police officers as tyrants, absolute tyrants against ordinary people. God knows what they would do if we did not have Smartphones to record what they do.

3 Times I have stepped -in to deal with violent people/person against a single officer struggling. I am a highly experienced user in self-defense. So I am not anti-police. A close friend of mine is an inspector in Counter Espionage attached to France/England sector..Unit.

Plus my employment which I will not say on the internet.

You are in denial. This is sad. There is a reason why PACE was introduced. You should know why. I do. It was not introduced because our MPs felt like doing a good deed for citizens.

• PS: In our exchanges, it is clear to me that YOU were a good cop with integrity. I can tell by your tone of comments. In no way do I cast aspersions on you. You seem to still hold to your integrity, I can tell.

I will not pursue this thread any further. I leave it as is. I have said my say and so have you.

I simply debate as objectively as possible.

I hope for open debate with mutual respect.

• I have vast experience in law, courts, the DOJ - consumer law, and consumer rights

DOJ as in Department of Justice. I think you have spent too much time in the States which has affected you, and not in a good way, but a US mindset way. That country is a fuck up of all countries and other countries should not be influneced by anything from there. I said before that your fingerprint gives you away. I'm now starting to think that you was an expat defence lawyer.

US cops are very difffrent from UK police but sadly we are now begining to see more flaws in UK policing. Now I am no fan of the Police and have been on the wrong side of the law a few times in the past but we have to be careful here. I am also a fan of fairness and we can't tar all with the same brush. I have met some really nice coppers and have have met some nasty ones. We have good and bad in all parts of society.

What we also have to remember is that the bad / negative things in life more often than not get more news coverage. How often do we get to hear any good news so this influences our thought process. Even product reviews, we will get more folk complaining than posting anything positive.

I haven't watched it.

Me neither. Watched about 20 secs and thought this is nonsense so can't be bothered watching any more. Just the format and the way it's produced was enough to influence my decision. Some old bloke drivelling on.

• Nice...an agree to disagree and a step back. It's obvious you are both on diffrent sides so would simply go around in circles. Like you say you have made your point so no point in pursuing it. I respect you for that.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!