Mr West v The Post Office

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • Bliar was heavily involved in the PO scandal . Another reason he should be brought before the court.

• Tony Blair had a relationship with Fujitsu and met its bosses in Japan and Britain
    • He was PM when contracts were awarded to Fujitsu, including the Horizon deal

The Voice of Reason

• The contracts giving the Horizon work to Fujitsu were signed under the Major government

As was revealed recently Blair acted properly over Horizon (Mandelson not so)

The staff here send me bizarre messages I'm barred from replying to and now I'm blocked from starting new conversations. icon_rolleyes.gif

This place could have been good but 'could' is so last tense. I'll be back, maybe but no one hold their breath.

• Fujitsu bashing seems very popular at the moment. What we don’t seem to know is what the Horizon contract stated and did they deviate from it or the associated instructions provided by the Post Office.

The PO seems to be trying to blame shift to Fujitsu but who was in charge? Who was client and who was supplier?

What I know very well is suppliers only do what they are paid to do so whilst Fujitsu may not be squeaky clean I think any attempt by the PO to transfer guilt to Fujitsu is pure deflection.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• There is evidence incl from at least one Fujitsu employee that there was a top down led conspiracy to deceive and present false evidence to courts

Horizon Trial: day 4 - They Could, And They Did Change Branch Transaction Data
    Reporting the High Court class action against the UK Post Office
    www.postofficetrial.com

The staff here send me bizarre messages I'm barred from replying to and now I'm blocked from starting new conversations. icon_rolleyes.gif

This place could have been good but 'could' is so last tense. I'll be back, maybe but no one hold their breath.

• Bliar was heavily involved in the PO scandal . Another reason he should be brought before the court.

• Tony Blair had a relationship with Fujitsu and met its bosses in Japan and Britain
    • He was PM when contracts were awarded to Fujitsu, including the Horizon deal

Ed Davey was paid £5000 a month by the same solicitors firm working FOR the Post Office against the Post Masters.

"lobbying fee".

8| All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered: the point is to discover them. (Galileo)

IF YOU STAND FOR NOTHING - YOU FALL FOR EVERYTHING.

• A more technical view of what went wrong. They wrote the software using Visual Basic :thud:

A language for rapid development of software of low trust and allows use of low qualified quick recruited staff. No way should they have used it for a banking product.

Worse, from their own internal report: https://www.postofficehorizoninquiry.org.uk/evidence/fuj00…nicl-task-force

'whoever wrote this code clearly has no understanding of elementary mathematics or the most basic rules of programming'

• There can be problems around the base system. We use base 10 whereas a binary system like computers uses base 2 or octal (base 8) and hexadecimal (base 16). There's a reason computers go 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512 1024, 2048, 4096, and so on. Computers are exceptionally good at making calculations as that is basically what a microprocessor is as it churns zeros and ones in and out, but that does not mean they are accurate when it comes to the decimal system so there need's be an octal to decimal conversion written into the programming.

Using a language such as Visual Basic I can see how easily something like this could get overlooked when writing the software but I believe there was more nefarious foul play at work here between the Post Office and Fujitsu and fuzzing the numbers along with employees having remote access. I don't believe this was an accident or simply down to bad software programming but that's just speculation. It may be a case that once they discovered there was a problem they dug themselves into a bigger hole trying to cover everything up. This IMO was the true crime and miscarriage of justice and where those responsible should be held to account.

• The compiler would handle the base 10 to hexadecimal conversion but a problem is that I know of no Visual Basic compiler that has any level of formally assigned trust level. We always used to use formally verified Ada or Pascal compilers but I believe there are several C++ compilers that now have such (unsurprising really as a lot of compilers use forms of C as an intermediate language).

• There is evidence incl from at least one Fujitsu employee that there was a top down led conspiracy to deceive and present false evidence to courts

I've been dipping in and out of the inquiry for months now.

I watched the live evidence from the PO bosses a few weeks ago and now watching the evidence of the PO's senior lawyer, Susan Crichton.

But going by what was just said, I think the inquiry has now nailed the conspiracy. Basically, what has just come out in the inquiry, is that the PO changed the language of the Horizon IT system bugs (which led to all those convictions) to words like "exceptions" and "anomalies". A deliberate smoke and mirrors campaign to deceive everyone, including the press and MPs too.

• Horizon April 23, 2024 at 12:26 PM

Added the Label Super Topic
  • We need this inquiry wrapped up soon as it's delaying criminal charges and we really need to see the culprits banged up, disbarred and/or bankrupted this year for the victims and wider public to have any perception of justice.

• Indeed! But at least we all get to see what's going on.

Anyone watch one of the Post Office bosses get grilled this week?

Post Office: Paula Vennells opposed stopping postmaster prosecutions
    The former Post Office boss was against stopping postmaster prosecutions in 2013, former top lawyer says.
    www.bbc.co.uk

The PO bosses are fcuked. This week it was all about remote access to the Horizon system. The PO always maintained to the public and branches, that there was no remote access to branch accounts which could alter transactions. The only remote access was that of routine maintenance tasks and software updates according to the PO bosses. Well, it all came out in the wash this week and we saw in writing that the PO knew there was remote access which could alter transactions, yet they still went ahead with prosecutions anyway.

The reply to all this from the PO boss from the inquiry barrister, was that she "didn't recognize" the words in emails sent to her, Clearly setting this all out. Obviously, according to her, she wasn't able to read emails when they specifically spoke about Horizon bugs. How convenient.

I hope she and all the others go to prison, but that doesn't help those who have died from this, or suffered severe ill health complications as a result of being falsely prosecuted by the PO.

• What's becoming obvious from their evidence (incl that grilling this week) that they're all going to claim they didn't know and point an implied finger of blame against someone else in the Post Office or Fujitsu. Getting to a criminal level of proof might be fraught.

But getting to a civil one and bankrupting each and every one of them . . . . .

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!