What will become of Nato if the US leaves?

Please treat other members in a constructive manner and abide by our Forum Rules at all times.
  • All that's required to ensure Nato survives is for those tight fisted member countries to pay their fair share of the running costs.. ----- It's simple.. Pay your dues and stop sponging on others.

Yes, and they often express hatred of the USA. We would be speaking German or using prayer mats if it wasn't for the USA.

I Would Rather Be Hated For Telling The Truth Than Revered For Speaking A Lie.

• If I was these countries I would put the money in the NATO pot but then charge the US a bill twice the size for the land rental. For every one American they take up the space of two Europeans.

• Why me again? You are speaking of ME? Why not the subject?

I was born here , my family & as many generations as can trace were born here

You chose to come here & join the British army

If Germany had won WW2 you probably wouldn’t have done that

Feel free to correct me if I have missed something

• Echo was in the British army?

Which corps or Regiment?

I have stated in many posts. Your ego will not allow you to read posts from a person who criticizes the police. I have stated in direct response to your personal attacks on me. This proves you are not engaged in discourse.

• Horizon February 11, 2024 at 9:48 AM

Changed the title of the thread from “what will become of Nato, if the US leaves?” to “What will become of Nato if the US leaves?”.
  • Trump says he would 'encourage' Russia to attack Nato allies who do not pay their bills
    The US presidential hopeful says he would not protect any country failing to pay its bills.
    www.bbc.co.uk

It's one thing to say that all countries in NATO should pay their bills, it's another thing entirely to effectively give the green light to Putin to attack all of Europe.

I think in the UK we need to massively bolster our defences just in case this nut case does get back into power.

• I agree with Trump 100%. In the context he put it, he is perfectly correct.

Its also bizarre that those who hate him feel they have the right to be protected by him?
    The USA has no fixed obligation to risk its young men to protect people from other countries, especially when they hate him and call him a Nazi.

We have people who see nothing wrong with Palestinians electing HAMAS - yet complain that Trump when elected will not rescue them from a Russian threat.

The history of Ukraine and the region before it became Ukraine has seen major shifts in power and allegiance - mostly as part of Russia. It can return to Russia in the blink of an eye.

• It looks like it will either be him or the dead man walking. What on Earth is happening to US politics?

The USA is at a point where it will either continue to be the leader of the free world or another communist block. Vote Trump get the latter vote Biden get communism.

There is as much hate for Biden as there is for Trump, the USA has never been more divided, but after 4 years of Trump, the USA might get something more sensible, after 4 years of Biden, there won't be a choice.

• It looks like it will either be him or the dead man walking. What on Earth is happening to US politics?

I don't know. As bad as ours is, they're on a whole different level to us.

I agree with Trump 100%. In the context he put it, he is perfectly correct.

I disagree with him 100%. He is perfectly incorrect.

Its also bizarre that those who hate him feel they have the right to be protected by him?
    The USA has no fixed obligation to risk its young men to protect people from other countries, especially when they hate him and call him a Nazi.

America benefits from its defence of Europe, not least directly benefiting itself and giving the orders.

• The USA is at a point where it will either continue to be the leader of the free world or another communist block. Vote Trump get the latter vote Biden get communism.

There is as much hate for Biden as there is for Trump, the USA has never been more divided, but after 4 years of Trump, the USA might get something more sensible, after 4 years of Biden, there won't be a choice.

I do agree that at some stage, things should correct themselves. Once these two dementia patients are in their nursing homes, American politics should get back to a more normal level.

• Whenever Biden speaks you never see the audience. That's because there are not enough people present to make an impression.

Whenever Trump speaks there are multi thousands of people present and many more lining the streets.

He is winning every Caucus vote with huge majorities. I think that is a clear indicator he is more popular than Sleepy, girly feely, Biden.

How anyone can watch Biden function in the manner he does, a senile, demented, weak, incapable of discernment old man - and rate him as worthy to run a chicken coop - I find incredulous.

• Well, only one of them is trying to take Ukraine by force.

Of course. The rest prefer other sovereign countries. Obumma got the Nobel Peace Prize - he bombed 7 countries during his term in office.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!