What's happened to Question Time?

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • I turned on the BBC last week, a rarity, and watched Question Time, something I haven't done in ages. I thought I was in a parallel universe, so I've just seen this week's QT too, to check that I wasn't imagining things.

I enjoyed both episodes!

The fifth panel member seems to have been dropped, who was usually a lefty comedian and both the panel guests and audience are balanced.

No obvious bias, a good debate on both occasions, what is going on?

Has someone sent a memo?

Anyone else watching QT and noticed the changes?

• I gave up on Question Time a while back. You have triggered my curiosity now so I'm gong to watch it now and get back to you. I'm getting bored of GB News and the same old shite they spurt out. I think Patrick Christy fancies himself as the next Piers Morgan as he has that arrogant and obnoxious interview technique of speaking shouting over those he's supposed to be interviewing.

• Give it a try Norra and see what you think.

I got bored with GB News after five minutes. They're not a serious outfit. We're not stupid yanks and got our own brains. We don't need to be preached too. Same for that other crap, Talktv.

• Wow Question Time has had a complete revamp. Not only is the studio layout and graphical elements different but there's no shouting over each other and seems a bit more controlled. This reminds me a bit more of what it was like back when David Dimblerby presented it. I suspect they got so many complaints and viewing numbers dropped so they had no choice but to do something about it.

I've never watched talktv. I like to have the news on in the background at night to fall asleep too so have switched back to BBC instead of GBNews. It's a real shame as I had high hopes for GBNews. It doesn't help that they have employed a load of politicians along with young extreme leftie political reporters to counter arguments.

• I stopped paying the TV license tax - Question Time was one factor in my decision - about 20 years ago.

Adding panel member numbers - 4 to 5 -- 5 to 6 substantially reduces the number of questions from the audience in one hour. De facto: people representation is cut back.

Watching the Chairperson dishing out instructions on obedience to Political Correctness - when someone speaks, is the most cringe factor bollox imaginable.

Watching Eddie Izzard speak his shite - as if some important, worthy person - debased the program in one stroke as far as I am concerned.

8|Do not trade me a Rabbit and hand me a Hare. (I know the strain of species in Leporidae).

Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.

• I was going to watch it last night, until I saw that the poisonous witch Thornyvery was on the panel, she make my teeth itch.

Did your parents have any children that lived.

• I was going to watch it last night, until I saw that the poisonous witch Thornyvery was on the panel, she make my teeth itch.

I can't stand her either, but at least she is a politician rather than some loon/degenerate like Russel Brand or his ilk, who QT always used to put on.

I think there has been a massive change to the programme. I don't know when it happened, but I welcome it.

• Question Time used to be one of my favourite programmes of the week, but Fiona Bruce ruined it for me.

I’m glad to hear there has been a major change. I’ll take another look at it.

• I watched question time last night from Cambridge I believe.

Johnathon Ashworth and Sonya Sodja the two lefties, and the Tory got a trashing. I was quite happy until the question about Should Sunak be replaced as per the Simon Clarke article, and asshole Ashworth and soppy Sodja both had their says, but Iyou could have only got odds of 5-4 on that the inevitable shout him down was gonna happen and it did UNCHECKED and it was shit like that that turned me off the programme. I also noted there were X5 panellists.

It was clear from the public's reaction to the Tory MP that they've swallowed hook line and sinker the Labour negative crap. We need to see a senior labour MP destroyed in a serious debate, imho Penny Mordant is the right person for that job.

Did your parents have any children that lived.

• Its unwatchable left wing drivel. I haven't watched it for years, its crap.

I agree. Left-wing biased vomit.

8|Do not trade me a Rabbit and hand me a Hare. (I know the strain of species in Leporidae).

Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.

• Its the sort of debate you get in the student union

Q: Will our economy recover from President Putin shutting off the Pipeline = Eddie Izzard, what do you have to say????

That says it all.

• CDN media

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!