can we also talk about religion?

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • You gotta remember that WW2 was never about religion, even the Jews were a distraction, but they weren't the only race persecuted.

The argument surrounding religion is imo not to dissimilar to the old argument about Catholics. Roman candles were prohibited to use birth control and in bygone eras they grew and grew. Now it's the turn of the Muslims.

I know very little about Islam, not really interested in learning either. I think part of that is that they haven't for the most part integrated, maybe in part because of it's tenancy to extremism.

One only need look at Syria, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iraq, Iran, Saudi, Qatar, Lebanon, Yemen and Jordan all are to varying degrees extremist societies. Is that why so many want to come here?

If that was true, why do they seek to impose islamic type things here? Alot of out terrorism came from young Muslims radicalised here and imo that is why 1, it's a religion prone to extremism 2, incompatible with western culture in particular their attitudes to women.

Did your parents have any children that lived.

• The "Strawman" approach in debate skewers the logic. Example: If I say - 3 Muslims shouting Allahu Akbar - killed a white man. Why reply with "So you hate all Muslims" or "So, you think the whole of Islam killed him"?

This has nothing to do with what has been stated. It tells me the writer knows the Muslims are very bad and its because they are Muslims first not because they happen to be 3 men.

Quite frankly it would be better if we knew who the extremist Muslims, seeking violent ways, were and we faced them head-on.

If we do not do something now we are putting off the inevitable.

Official reports - YES OFFICIAL -reports stated the Police have a list of known Islamic extremists who are intent on harming us, they are a threat. This list had close to 3000 names.

The police are reactive, not proactive, meaning they respond AFTER one of these killers has killed or attacked people.

PS: Again I use the Tommy Robinson analogy and I do not apologise for so doing. It makes for a solid principled point.

Why are there hundreds of police who jump on TR before he does anything wrong? He does NOT BREAK ANY LAW - they drag him away in cuffs. Yet KNOWN serious threats walk our streets.

Then you hear the news: "Man with Machette attacks 4 people in shopping arcade" - "Man with sword hacks a child in a town high street" - then the cops arrive. Too late!!

I don't blame the cops. They follow the law and set procedures. But this stinks of the same attitude as with the multi rapes - BEST NOT TO OFFEND BROWN RELIGIOUS PEOPLE.!!!! - WE MAY APPEAR RACIST AND AGAINST DIVERSITY"!!

What is the point of Mi5 - Mi6 - Special Police Units etc when they are proactive?? It renders them useless.

Ask yourself this.... If the Police, with all their technology, discovered the Islamic extremist threats were coming for an MP or a Royal or even Gary Linekar - do you think the police would wait until after the target was hit? NO WAY.

8|Do not trade me a Rabbit and hand me a Hare. (I know the strain of species in Leporidae).

Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.

• The bombing campaign on German cities was controversial at the time but I really don’t think there are parallels between the 2 situations.

Are you suggesting we bomb all Muslims just in case they might be potential terrorists?

Or are you talking specifically about Gaza?

In 1940s the RAF struggled to hit anything smaller than a small town , these days smart munitions are far more accurate

If we’d had that technology back then I doubt the campaign on cities would have happened

It's the principal. I don't believe we should demonize all Muslims, but at the same time I think people should open their eyes to what is an intolerant and very dated religion. I have read about two thirds of the Quran, and I can tell you it is nothing like the book of peace Muslims will tell you it is. It is the belief of all Muslims that the world should become one massive Muslim state. Whilst I believe this is unlikely to happen, I do believe countries such as the UK with it's very liberal outlook, may fall pray to Islam some time in the future.

The intelligent are being oppressed so the stupid don't get offended

• Yes. I say from the outset and I make this potently clear:

I do not oppose or dislike any race or person of any religion who lives their lives by the rule of law and cultural ways that are the baseline traditions of Britain and Western World "free" countries.

I am Catholic from birth. I am Christian by my faith and Ethics. I despise dangerous, non-law-biding Christians just as much as anyone else. A Christian who stabs a woman in a shopping Mall - shouting "Jesus is King" - is equally as bad and evil as an extremist Muslim.

However, as has been said, Islam has tenets, verses in the Qur'an and the Hadith which MUST be obeyed. Set in concrete. Many of which are alien to my way of life to the point of serious danger and a declared threat to my way of life. I do not have to accept that. I am not a Muslim.

If 5 of us went to an Innuit town forcing Veganism and debauchery on the Eskimos - can we argue diversity is good?

We would disappear and never be seen again.

8|Do not trade me a Rabbit and hand me a Hare. (I know the strain of species in Leporidae).

Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.

• Why are there hundreds of police who jump on TR before he does anything wrong? He does NOT BREAK ANY LAW - they drag him away in cuffs. Yet KNOWN serious threats walk our streets.

Then you hear the news: "Man with Machette attacks 4 people in shopping arcade" - "Man with sword hacks a child in a town high street" - then the cops arrive. Too late!!

I don't blame the cops. They follow the law and set procedures. But this stinks of the same attitude as with the multi rapes - BEST NOT TO OFFEND BROWN RELIGIOUS PEOPLE.!!!! - WE MAY APPEAR RACIST AND AGAINST DIVERSITY"!!

What is the point of Mi5 - Mi6 - Special Police Units etc when they are proactive?? It renders them useless.

In that quote above you contradict yourself totally, because you DO blame the cops.

TR is openly breaking the law, openly inviting racial hatred and he has previous for it. The cops know what's coming and remove the problem before it escalated to something bigger.

The man with the knife, machete or sword doesn't set about it Infront of cops, but they're cops not superheroes. They have wives, children and girlfriends, mums, dad's and families and quite simply to go in would be suicide and stupid. Like n the Lee Rugby case. If that had been me I'd have ran the fukkers down in my panda, but they waited for ARV support, sensibly. Poor Rugby was beyond help then anyway.

The biggest issue and simplest answer to your rant is EVIDENCE, you may want or would like to have the bar lowered for these people, but the law dictates what can and can't be done not the cops, who I assure you get very frustrated with it.

• In that quote above you contradict yourself totally, because you DO blame the cops.

TR is openly breaking the law, openly inviting racial hatred and he has previous for it. The cops know what's coming and remove the problem before it escalated to something bigger.

The man with the knife, machete or sword doesn't set about it Infront of cops, but they're cops not superheroes. They have wives, children and girlfriends, mums, dad's and families and quite simply to go in would be suicide and stupid. Like n the Lee Rugby case. If that had been me I'd have ran the fukkers down in my panda, but they waited for ARV support, sensibly. Poor Rugby was beyond help then anyway.

The biggest issue and simplest answer to your rant is EVIDENCE, you may want or would like to have the bar lowered for these people, but the law dictates what can and can't be done not the cops, who I assure you get very frustrated with it.

TR is not a racist. His best friend for many years is black, and he had two Muslim families attend his wedding. His hatred is for Islam, not Muslims. Read his book, it's enlightening

• Canny Lad: I hope we can have a respectful discourse and bury our past disagreements.

If you notice my posts I am always comparing the level of severity. Example: Man arrested and sentenced for saying a WORD on the internet and Man not arrested or charged for raping a woman?

Muslims batter the shit out of uniformed police officers - NOT arrested. TR makes a speech (NO VIOLENCE AT ALL) 10 cops jump on him and drag him to the police cells.??!!

I point out facts. Facts can be selective but they are still facts. The above examples are NOT my opinion, they are actual reports of the facts. 100% fact.

I have not inferred the ability or courage of a cop expected to face a man with a Machette. I am talking about the principle. The senior officers and politicians know who is bad and a threat. The threat can be removed before it turns into actual murder. TR is removed. He has been imprisoned for contempt of court - NO JURY!!!! Diplock style.

Years ago English football fans went to Dublin. They decided to behave as they do at English venues. The Irish Garda beat the living shit out of them. No warnings, no speeches, no discussions.... Batons out and wack, wack, wack.

The English fans never behaved badly again at Irish matches. Whereas in England the police standoff... orders from above, not that the constables etc are afraid.

• The majority of Germans in the 2nd world war were good people, does that means we shouldn't have bombed the hell out of them?

Of course in retrospect we shouldn't have recklessly and sometimes deliberately bombed civilians which is why we were one of the nations that led the change in the rules of war that followed.

• Of course in retrospect we shouldn't have recklessly and sometimes deliberately bombed civilians which is why we were one of the nations that led the change in the rules of war that followed.

Unbelievable. It was us or them, and it's what had to happen. Collateral damage

• Umm, that's what the Dutch police do, and Holland has some of the worst football related violence in the world

• Unbelievable. It was us or them, and it's what had to happen. Collateral damage

Bombing of Germany certainly had to happen particularly the industrial areas but whether the campaign against the cities was effective is still debated

Hitler diverted the Luftwaffe to attacks from RAF bases to attacking London

A move which was counterproductive from a German point of view allowing the RAF to recover from the Battle of Britain

l

• Bombing of Germany certainly had to happen particularly the industrial areas but whether the campaign against the cities was effective is still debated

A move which was counterproductive from a German point of view allowing the RAF to recover from the Battle of Britain

l

Hitler is said to have done that in response to us bombing Berlin.

• Bombing of Germany certainly had to happen particularly the industrial areas but whether the campaign against the cities was effective is still debated

l

There was no need to obliterate Dresden.

• TR is not a racist. His best friend for many years is black, and he had two Muslim families attend his wedding. His hatred is for Islam, not Muslims. Read his book, it's enlightening

I'd rather read the Qur'an.

• There was no need to obliterate Dresden.

There was no need to obliterate London but they tried.

Bombing of Germany certainly had to happen particularly the industrial areas but whether the campaign against the cities was effective is still debated

Those civilians were the innocent ones that kept the German war machine churning out the panzers, the artillery and the ammunition.

The rules of war or the Geneva convention didn't come about until 1949, by then we'd beaten them at the game they started. Reap what you sow.

The Germans are to this day still quite a religious country and I believe still observe the Sabbath.

• There was no need to obliterate Dresden.

Yes there was. It had a psychological effect on the German population and was retribution for Germany carpet bombing London, Liverpool, Coventry and Clydebank , to name but a few places that suffered the German bombing attacks..

Why Dresden was destroyed so much was because many of the buildings were Gerry built with wood ....... NOT by the tonnage of the bomb load.

The Voice of Reason

• They dropped 4 kilotons of munitions, they knew it would create a firestorm, they knew it was crammed with refugees and they knew there was no military objective.

Sick

• I have delved into the bombing of Dresden. Apparently, Dresden was a massive military supply base with a railroad direct to the East supplying German troops against the Russian advance.

My initial understanding was that the war was close to ending at te time of the bombing. I can see all side of the argument.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!