why are threads closed?

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • If you here as a genuine member, Merlot, than brilliant, but... as but one example:

Your posts in Heero's welcome thread. What was the purpose of those postings?

• As your question is about closed threads, then what the purpose of your continents thread?

There are seven continents. What is there to discuss??

Think carefully before replying to me.

• Grave digging unless there's a genuine reason to bring up an old thread is generally frowned upon in online communities. It's also bad etiquette to keep double or in some cases even triple posting consecutively in the same thread. What are you trying to achieve here, higher post counts? It creates a higher number of unread and watched threads. It's not only time wasting but it also pushes more topical debates to the wayside!

Horizon do you have an auto merge post function if a member posts directly after themselves within a preset time limit, say for example if posted within 30mns of the initial post it merges or maybe set no time limit and simply auto merge consecutive postings by the same member.

• Grave digging unless there's a genuine reason to bring up an old thread is generally frowned upon in online communities. It's also bad etiquette to keep double or in some cases even triple posting consecutively in the same thread. What are you trying to achieve here, higher post counts? It creates a higher number of unread and watched threads. It's not only time wasting but it also pushes more topical debates to the wayside!

Horizon do you have an auto merge post function if a member posts directly after themselves within a preset time limit, say for example if posted within 30mns of the initial post it merges or maybe set no time limit and simply auto merge consecutive postings by the same member.

Thanks for that about "gravedigging", Norra. I didn't know about that.

• Steve 13. Directly changed his profile signature to express an attack on me directly. He was trying to induce others to ignore me. As if I care. My point is, that some people are quick to point out the rules and the person who breaches a forum rule. Nora Batty literally posted for others to gang together to get me off this forum. This is a serious breach of the rules.

However, I believe in freedom of expression, I adhere to it and I support others in this. My point is the duplicitous nature of telling one user how they are breaching the rules while not looking in the mirror. Therefore, if they will not reflect on their own breaches (because they are long-term members and feel they have some right to breach certain rules while telling others how wrong they are) what gives them the right to tell others?

Pot kettle black ... If I was Batty and CL et al. I would tell Steve 13 NOT to be so personal and unwilling to release his grip on attacking another member. Thats my character.

8|Do not trade me a Rabbit and hand me a Hare. (I know the strain of species in Leporidae).

Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.

• Oh boo hoo, what are you babbling on about now, go and find another shoulder to cry on instead of disrupting another thread and making it about you. I refrained from commenting in the 'What's Annoyed You Today' thread as you have not long done what you have just done here. Your goading me into a reaction. More fool me for responding as I know I'm wasting my breath but hey ho, you so much smarter than me and it's not obvious what your doing :whistling:

Merlot asked a question, I answered relevant to the question asked it's that simple. That's how discussion boards work. Personally I think Facebook would be better suited to your mentality. You have nothing to contribute here accept for disruptive, antagonising, diversive, childish, misleading, manipulative self centred and time wasting posts.

• Oh boo hoo, what are you babbling on about now, go and find another shoulder to cry on instead of disrupting another thread and making it about you. I refrained from commenting in the 'What's Annoyed You Today' thread as you have not long done what you have just done here. Your goading me into a reaction. More fool me for responding as I know I'm wasting my breath but hey ho, you so much smarter than me and it's not obvious what your doing :whistling:

Merlot asked a question, I answered relevant to the question asked it's that simple. That's how discussion boards work. Personally I think Facebook would be better suited to your mentality. You have nothing to contribute here accept for disruptive, antagonising, diversive, childish, misleading, manipulative self centred and time wasting posts.

Thanks for your response.

8|Do not trade me a Rabbit and hand me a Hare. (I know the strain of species in Leporidae).

Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.

• main-qimg-e2c269664222a3a51f0f92cee4eb2f84

• As your question is about closed threads, then what the purpose of your continents thread?

There are seven continents. What is there to discuss??

Think carefully before replying to me.

I suggest you need to read this article from a respected source which very much says that is a discussion of worth: https://history.howstuffworks.com/world-history/continents.htm

More relevantly to this thread, you've been asked a fair question. And you've publicly criticised a poster for doing exactly what your own rule B.2 says he should do: re-use old threads.

If your issue is about supposed (low) quality of posting then surely better handled by private message and there are some very obvious other posters to look at who repeatedly post false stories.

• I suggest you need to read this article from a respected source which very much says that is a discussion of worth: https://history.howstuffworks.com/world-history/continents.htm

More relevantly to this thread, you've been asked a fair question. And you've publicly criticised a poster for doing exactly what your own rule B.2 says he should do: re-use old threads.

If your issue is about supposed (low) quality of posting then surely better handled by private message and there are some very obvious other posters to look at who repeatedly post false stories.

thank you very much for this excellent article!

it shows perfectly well that there are dfifferent systems.

myself i have grown up with the 5_ continent system.

• If you here as a genuine member, Merlot, than brilliant, but... as but one example:

Your posts in Heero's welcome thread. What was the purpose of those postings?@

merlot Answer my question. Final warning. This is the thread I am talking about:

Heero Yuy
    February 14, 2017 at 12:08 PM
  • Horizon January 21, 2024 at 7:59 PM

Closed the thread.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!