Chinese "tourists" tell British youtuber to stop filming at St Pancras station

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • Chinese group hit back at pianist claiming he tried to provoke them
    Brendan Kavanagh, also known as Dr K, sparked a row after he shared video showing the moment the Chinese tourists told him to stop filming them during a…
    www.dailymail.co.uk

If you watch a load of youtube like me and especially music related stuff, you've probably come across Dr K aka Brandon Kavanagh's youtube channel. He is a pianist who makes his money going to public pianos mainly in London's mainline stations and doing live webcam shows from them. Some of his vids get millions of views.

Anyway, a few days ago he did one of his live webcams, I was one of the viewers watching and what followed was unbelievable.

A group of Chinese "tourists" (come back to that in a minute) asked him to stop filming, as they were standing in the background and some of their faces were getting filmed and they didn't like it, He refused and said it was a public place and what started out as a little squabble soon escalated as one of the male "tourists" then screamed at him, accused him of assaulting one of their women and stated he was a racist.

They got the police. The male police officer immediately told the "tourists" that they were in a public space and filming was allowed, but the female police officer had a different view. She warned Kavanagh to stop filing her, despite her being a public servant, in a public place and she was filming him on her bodycam! She asked if he assaulted one of the Chinese ladies and he said no and the female officer tried to get his stream shut down.

Rather than me yak on about here, watch it here and see what you think:

(Edit: I posted the wrong link, the actual vid has been removed from youtube, so please watch the talktalk vid below)

Anyway, what this seems to be about is that the "tourists" were there to film a promotional video promoting the Chinese New Year and they stated were under contract that only their employer (whoever that maybe, the Mail article said it was a Japanese tv station, others say it was a CCP station) film them and so they reacted when they noticed they were being filmed by someone else. However, that's not how it started. Watch the vid and tell me what you think. But it seems like the CCP is running St Pancras Station and saying who can and cannot film there.

Anyway, there has been developments. These tourists are not tourists. Some of them live in the UK and at least one of them is married to a Briton. The Chinese male tourist who did the shouting has diplomatic immunity, and the other tourists work in some capacity for the Chinese state to promote China. Doing a good job, aren't they... But what this has inadvertently shone a light on is how the Chinese state operates in this country.

All of these Chinese people have now been identified, and they go into various British institutions like universities to promote China, but what has been uncovered by previous investigations is that the CCP is giving funding to universities and other institutions to promote their agenda. And it gets worse, one of the universities, UCL, recently gave a very woke, ultra-left wing training course to various members of the civil service, police and the intelligence agencies and yes, that course promoted China and CCP doctrine.

This raises lots of questions, like why is our woke police acting as security guards for the Chinese Communist Party, but I'm more interested as to why these individuals are allowed to stay in this country and seemingly are allowed unfettered access to our top institutions, companies and other places.

He's Kavanagh's interview on Talktv last night:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

As a final, final twist, the piano has been sealed off and is now guarded by two station security guards...What do we make of this?

• Horizon January 23, 2024 at 6:02 PM

Changed the title of the thread from “Chinese "tourists" tell British youtber to stop filming at St Pancras station” to “Chinese "tourists" tell British youtuber to stop filming at St Pancras station”.
  • I know this guy and I quite like his character and his attitude but what I don't like is that he has kind of taken over the piano and turned it into a Youtube business. These pianos where put in public spaces for anyone to use to entertain the public and bring some joy and light entertainment for others. I particularly like it when someone famous passing surprising unsuspecting members of the public. Stunts like the above is going to spoil it for others.

Valentina Lisitsa plays for passengers at St Pancras International Station
    While Valentina Lisitsa was busy in the UK with promotion for Rachmaninov, there were some problems with bad weather so her Eurostar train back to Paris had ...
    www.youtube.com
    Tom Odell at St Pancras Station - Another Love (Live)
    Tom Odell visited the iconic piano at st. Pancras station and gave a powerful performance to unsuspecting fans. Watch the Ivor Novello and Brit award winner ...
    www.youtube.com
    street piano performance: people were shocked at the train station
    Please, STOP WAR IN UKRAINE!!! STOP TERROR AGAINST UKRAINE!!! 🎹 INSTAGRAM - https://www.instagram.com/evgenykhmara/?hl=en🎹 FACEBOOK - https://goo.gl/cXjc4C...
    www.youtube.com
    JOHN LEGEND PERFORMS ALL OF ME AT ST PANCRAS INTERNATIONAL STATION
    John Legend Plays his Song All of Me at St Pancras International Station in London Singer John Legend plays piano and sings at King's Cross St Pancras Stat...
    www.youtube.com
    The heart-warming moment a piano player was surprised at St Pancras - BBC London
    When Ceili O'Connor - singer in the West End musical Cats - joined 91-year-old Denis Robinson as he played the piano at St Pancras station, she made his day....
    www.youtube.com

The thing is this guy is always pulling some kind of stunt to attract more attention to his channel. I really don't understand all the CCP stuff. They where obviously there pulling off their own stunt so there was a clash. It's a public space so anyone can film what they want but with being a mainline station I suspect BTP will pull the terrorist card to prevent any filming which is openly abused.

PHNAT
    I'm a Photographer not a Terrorist is a campaign defending your right to photograph.
    phnat.org
  • Ok, his vid has been removed by youtube, but it's gone viral, so here's a link to his vid on another channel and every time it gets removed, I'll post a different link:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The Chinese Communist Party can go and fuck itself. How dare they!:cursing:X(

• Well, my first reaction is that the police are there to enforce OUR laws, not those of a foreign country.

The weird thing is, he knows the female police officer who told him off. She's appeared several times before when he's filming and she's always been okay with it, even told him on their last encounter she was off to Turkey soon on her holiday. Yet, as soon as a allegation of racism is made, the Old Bill change and get nasty.

We need a Bill of Rights desperately in this country.

• Police pandering to the race card that's all it is. The thing about him making money from it and filming their faces...well they are right. You are legally allowed to film anything in public space for personal use. As soon as that turns into something commercial for profit you either have to black out the faces (witness protection filter) in the edit or get them to sign a release form to allow you to profit from filming them. I can see both sides of the argument here. The chincs are right because he's filming for non personal use and they either did not make that clear or he does not understand the law on filming in public.

They are a professional film crew so it's my guess they have a better understanding of the law in this case. They made things worse which escalated things by pulling the race card. His mate was right in saying he just loves a scrap as he does nothing to help himself. The guy is a stirrer because it makes good Youtube footage. It's that simple. The only problem I see here is the police pandering to the race card. The fact is he should not be filming others without their permission for non personal use and anytime he wants to show someone on his channel then they should be given a release form to sign giving him permission to release it publicly. They coukd even request a fee as they are then essentially an actor/actress.

• The female officer attempted to play ambassador. She was clearly on the side of the Chinese people via her twisted quick assessment of the situation. She wanted the foreign visitors to be happy instead of doing her job and telling them the Pianist is perfectly OK to play and say "You are from China, a Communist". If this was not videoed and Kavanagh was of weaker temperament the cop would have applied greater verbal force to shut him down.

Communists should not stand in a major public area wearing their national colour RED waving the flag and trying to order others to restrict their lawful behaviour.

8|Do not trade me a Rabbit and hand me a Hare. (I know the strain of species in Leporidae).

Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.

• If I film a building and some pillock, weak, snowflake orders me to stop it is he who is the stirrer. I would not back down. If I get millions of hits and some money - I deserve it for standing for my rights.

8|Do not trade me a Rabbit and hand me a Hare. (I know the strain of species in Leporidae).

Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.

• That YouTube took the vid down is yet another indicator.

In this country, you are allowed to film/video in publicly accessible areas. Thousands of people take photos and vids - almost everyone has a camera (on their phone).

The people videoing the Pianist - dozens of them - also filmed the Chinese commies.

Piss off back to China and help to free the oppressed. Oh,,,,,, you can't because you will be locked up for 20 years.

• Well, my first reaction is that the police are there to enforce OUR laws, not those of a foreign country.

No OB, they are there to protect public order and community cohesion. Everything is sacrificed at the altar of these objectives.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• Police pandering to the race card that's all it is. The thing about him making money from it and filming their faces...well they are right. You are legally allowed to film anything in public space for personal use. As soon as that turns into something commercial for profit you either have to black out the faces (witness protection filter) in the edit or get them to sign a release form to allow you to profit from filming them. I can see both sides of the argument here. The chincs are right because he's filming for non personal use and they either did not make that clear or he does not understand the law on filming in public.

They are a professional film crew so it's my guess they have a better understanding of the law in this case. They made things worse which escalated things by pulling the race card. His mate was right in saying he just loves a scrap as he does nothing to help himself. The guy is a stirrer because it makes good Youtube footage. It's that simple. The only problem I see here is the police pandering to the race card. The fact is he should not be filming others without their permission for non personal use and anytime he wants to show someone on his channel then they should be given a release form to sign giving him permission to release it publicly. They coukd even request a fee as they are then essentially an actor/actress.

The first Chinese woman who went up to him is herself a youtuber who is being prosecuted in China for exactly the thing she is accusing him of. She obviously captured someone's face on video and they didn't like it, so that is why she is so sensitive about it, but it's still tough.

Yes, he makes money out of all this. Yes, he hogs the piano when he is in the station which is usually for about an hour once or twice a week and yes, he is a shit stirrer. But despite all that, it's still a free country.

The Chinese are portraying him on their media as a dangerous thug who assaulted a woman and they had to protect her. Load a crap and the vid I linked to, proves that.

• Well he's certainly no thug and he didn't assualt her. What bothers me about this situation is how the race card was pulled and the police going with this. It's making a mountain out of a molehill and making matters worse.

• He'll be on Piers in a minute, so we'll see what Piers thinks about.

This is on hundreds of sites now, so if the Chinese wanted privacy, it's the biggest fuck up in history.

And, yeah, as I said, Kavanagh knows the female police officer and they have got on well until now, which makes it even odder that she pulled this stunt.

• The cop woman had a prejudicial mindset. She felt she had to be kind and nice (virtue signaling) If Kavanagh was of a weaker demeanor and did not insist on keeping his camera on - this female cop would have upgraded her bullying and stopped clocked up a win for diversity i/e she supported the poor Chinses visitors to our country.

If you want communism and control fuff off back to your vile communist country.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!