New Brexit Deal ... Power Sharing To Return to Ireland ?

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • You are totally wrong.. There is not any area of the UK more loyal to the UK than the Unionists in Ulster. Yes they are Irish and proud of it, BUT having suffered decades of terrorism originating from Dublin and protected by Dublin. , I can see that they don't want anything to do with Dublin and I don't blame them.

They don't want anything connected with the different Ireland south of the wiggly border to impinge on their lives. It will take generations before the murderous actions of the PIRA terrorists or whatever they are calling themselves now is forgotten or forgiven..

I don’t think so , I predict that Ireland will be reunited within the next 10 years but we shall have to see

• The Loyalists were equally murderous, vile, and cowardly. The BBC et al. just ignore it.

8|Do not trade me a Rabbit and hand me a Hare. (I know the strain of species in Leporidae).

Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.

• The Loyalists were equally murderous, vile, and cowardly. The BBC et al. just ignore it.

The BBC never ignored it , everyone who takes an interest is aware of people like Johnny Adair & the Shankill butchers

They would claim that their actions forced the IRA to the negotiating table

Personally I just see them as terrorists

But that is all in the past , yes there are still serious divisions in NI society but I don’t think many people from either side want to go back to armed conflict

• The BBC never ignored it , everyone who takes an interest is aware of people like Johnny Adair & the Shankill butchers

They would claim that their actions forced the IRA to the negotiating table

Personally I just see them as terrorists

The Loyalists carried on "kneecapping" after the peace settlement.

Did you know the vast majority of Irish, in the South, opposed the 1916 Easter uprising? It was the arrogance of the British Government that pushed to Irish to support the rebels.

8|Do not trade me a Rabbit and hand me a Hare. (I know the strain of species in Leporidae).

Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.

• The Loyalists carried on "kneecapping" after the peace settlement.

Did you know the vast majority of Irish, in the South, opposed the 1916 Easter uprising? It was the arrogance of the British Government that pushed to Irish to support the rebels.

Yes I knew that , without WW1 Ireland would probably have accepted Home Rule within the UK probably will a separate assembly at Stormont

• Yes I knew that , without WW1 Ireland would probably have accepted Home Rule within the UK probably will a separate assembly at Stormont

It was not because of World War 1. Although many thousands of Irish men traveled to England to sign up. The Irish coming second to England for the number of Victoria Cross awards.

• It was not because of World War 1. Although many thousands of Irish men traveled to England to sign up. The Irish coming second to England for the number of Victoria Cross awards.

Yes they did and fought bravely BUT upon their return they were shunned and despised by Dublin.

As far as the Black and tans were concerned the following was true. :-

Notably, on “Bloody Sunday,” November 21, 1920, the IRA killed at least 14 individuals (most of whom were English ) The Black and Tans took revenge the same afternoon, attacking spectators at a Gaelic football match in Croke Park, Dublin, killing 14 and wounding 60. Evil deeds breed Evil deeds in retaliation..

The Voice of Reason

• Yes they did and fought bravely BUT upon their return they were shunned and despised by Dublin.

As far as the Black and tans were concerned the following was true. :-

Notably, on “Bloody Sunday,” November 21, 1920, the IRA killed at least 14 individuals (most of whom were English ) The Black and Tans took revenge the same afternoon, attacking spectators at a Gaelic football match in Croke Park, Dublin, killing 14 and wounding 60. Evil deeds breed Evil deeds in retaliation..

But that is not why the Irish people turned from opposing the rebel actions to full support for the rebels.

• It was not because of World War 1. Although many thousands of Irish men traveled to England to sign up. The Irish coming second to England for the number of Victoria Cross awards.

The Home rule bill would have been granted but was put on the back burner because of the war

• The Home rule bill would have been granted but was put on the back burner because of the war

That is not why the Irish people changed to support the rebels. The vast majority, contrary to what one would expect in the general narrative, debate, did not support the Rebel Easter rising. But a short time later they swung in full support for the rebels.

• That is not why the Irish people changed to support the rebels. The vast majority, contrary to what one would expect in the general narrative, debate, did not support the Rebel Easter rising. But a short time later they swung in full support for the rebels.

Yes I’m aware of that but if Home rule had been granted the Easter rising probably wouldn’t have happened

It all hypothetical

• Yes I’m aware of that but if Home rule had been granted the Easter rising probably wouldn’t have happened

It all hypothetical

That's not the point. How did a population swing from NOT supporting the Easter Rising to almost full support?

• That's not the point. How did a population swing from NOT supporting the Easter Rising to almost full support?

Your making one point, I’m making another

It is generally accepted that the execution of the leaders of the Easter rising swung public opinion

• Your making one point, I’m making another

It is generally accepted that the execution of the leaders of the Easter rising swung public opinion

You are 100% correct. This was the reason and the only reason. The way it was done - General Field Martial.

• Sinn Fein look likely to be the biggest party North & South of the border after their general election in March next year .

Obviously they want a united Ireland but there a couple of serious questions to be answered

Can SF form a competent government?

Setting aside their republican aims they are unproven in government

Then they need to persuade a sufficient number of people in NI that their best interests are served by reunification

A major task particularly with a political party that was once the political wing of a paramilitary organisation that killed a large number of their own citizens

• She has a very narrow line to tread. If she's unable to be the first minister of all Ireland then the DUP and their chums in the UVF will gain support for all sorts of trouble causing. On the other hand if she is able to pull off being a strong and good leader then the DUP will get marginalised and that UVF fringe will sense the writing is on the wall for reunification and repeat their violent acts that started the Troubles.

• What are they going to unite? Ireland has turned into a weak, woke, wake.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!