New Brexit Deal ... Power Sharing To Return to Ireland ?

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • Just follow the post sequence, seems you have had a memory lapse

Post 35: Horizon refers to Michelle O'Neil by picture with 'Well, the IRA are now the top dogs in NI.'

Post 38: I refer to that as 'What a disgusting and false slur.'

Post 55: You (Old Boy) quote that and say 'You do like to over-react, Steve! It is a view many people hold.'

Post 56: I point out that 'Look it matters not that many people have the morals that skunks would be ashamed of, it is still a disgusting and false slur.'

Post 58: you try to move the goalposts with 'So you really believe the GFA would have come about if not for The Troubles?'

Post 59: I point that out with 'The slur was about Michelle O'Neill'

Post 60 You try to pretend this was nothing to do with Michelle O'Neil

Now I don't know at which point you either lost the plot or just decided to falsely cover your tracks but it is not a good look

The staff here send me bizarre messages I'm barred from replying to and now I'm blocked from starting new conversations. icon_rolleyes.gif

This place could have been good but 'could' is so last tense. I'll be back, maybe but no one hold their breath.

• No, I don’t! However, thank you for clarifying what you meant.

However, I still don’t know why you reacted to Horizon’s post in such a way. Many people do indeed believe that the IRA has won the day. No need for a hissy fit, I take it you disagree.

My reference to the GFA, of course, was that it was the first successful move that paves the way for the integration of NI into the Republic. I did not move the goalposts at all - it’s all connected.

• The IRA fired a missile at Thatchers Cabinet - Number 10 - and killed Mountbatten - this forced the government to use severe deep responses - SAS undercover, with the intent to take out the top IRA members, by stealth. This forced progress, ironically.

The Women, and mothers in the North and the Republic led massive protests against the IRA and Loyalists. This also brought about the GFA.

8| All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered: the point is to discover them. (Galileo)

IF YOU STAND FOR NOTHING - YOU FALL FOR EVERYTHING.

• No, I don’t! However, thank you for clarifying what you meant.

However, I still don’t know why you reacted to Horizon’s post in such a way. Many people do indeed believe that the IRA has won the day. No need for a hissy fit, I take it you disagree. . .

yes some people really are that sad they'll label any NI Catholic as being a member of the IRA. She's not and no evidence she ever has been especially as she didn't join Sinn Fein until after the GFA.

The staff here send me bizarre messages I'm barred from replying to and now I'm blocked from starting new conversations. icon_rolleyes.gif

This place could have been good but 'could' is so last tense. I'll be back, maybe but no one hold their breath.

• yes some people really are that sad they'll label any NI Catholic as being a member of the IRA. She's not and no evidence she ever has been especially as she didn't join Sinn Fein until after the GFA.

You are not reading this correctly. The point is that Sinn Fein has been well known as the political wing of the IRA. There was no slur intended against Michelle O’Neill personally.

• It was Horizon's post not yours and if he'd thought that he shouldn't have made the comment under a picture of her should he

• As for Sinn Fein being the political wing of the IRA that's only as true as the DUP being the political wing of the equally murderous UVF.

• Sinn Fein were the political wing of the IRA, Martin McGuiness and Gerry Adams both having been members of the military wing IRA. Michelle O'Neill's husband reportedly shot and killed by the SAS, not for stealing from the church box that's for sure. Someone decided that the best option for Sinn Fein was to distance itself from IRA, it's clearly done a good job.

To address Steve's point about killings, the IRA were by far the worst.

Did your parents have any children that lived.

• I see you found another topic to argue over.

Oh the irony. You do know this is a forum don't you. Maybe you don't know the meaning of the word, maybe you want life to be full of anodyne 'of I so agree' views. Well advancement of human life has never been about such.

• Sinn Fein were the political wing of the IRA, Martin McGuiness and Gerry Adams both having been members of the military wing IRA. Michelle O'Neill's husband reportedly shot and killed by the SAS, not for stealing from the church box that's for sure. Someone decided that the best option for Sinn Fein was to distance itself from IRA, it's clearly done a good job.

To address Steve's point about killings, the IRA were by far the worst.

But the UVF started it

And Michelle O'Neils husband is very much unshot and still alive. And still separated from her (since ages ago)

Your source was crap

• BBC news as it happens I guess I misheard, not difficult for me being a deaf cnut. Although on checking it turns out to have been a cousin or uncle, so apologies for wrong intel.

Did your parents have any children that lived.

• When people support Hamas it is no surprise they equate the IRA with them, and oppose the IRA.

The Irish campaigned for peace - the Palestinians voted for a mass killer organisation and continue to support them.

The IRA had/have a just cause, their methods - bombing innocent people is not acceptable.

8| All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered: the point is to discover them. (Galileo)

• When people support Hamas it is no surprise they equate the IRA with them, and oppose the IRA.

The Irish campaigned for peace - the Palestinians voted for a mass killer organisation and continue to support them.

The IRA had/have a just cause, their methods - bombing innocent people is not acceptable.

Not peaceful, either, Echo…:whistling:

• Not peaceful, either, Echo…:whistling:

If Britain was peaceful and angelic there would be no reason for the IRA to use bombs and bullets.

• The IRA had/have a just cause, their methods - bombing innocent people is not acceptable.

The IRA was set up to kill people .

There were plenty of people John Hume in particular who supported the Nationalist cause but didn’t support the violence

• Just as you ignore Hamas's 7,000 rockets - you ignore what Britain did to the Irish.

On your premise, you would think the Great British Empire would voluntarily allow Ireland to become a Republic - no strings attached. A tiny island with a population of under 4 million bullying the GREAT British Empire??? The British were very cruel to the Irish. This is a historical fact, not my opinion.

Have you never heard of the Black n Tans? - Croke Park Massacre? - Field Court Martial executions. - Deliberate intention to starve the Irish and cause as many deaths as possible from the Famine by refusing to help the Irish.

Now Britain can not deal with violent Muslims battering their Police officers.

• You have taken this the wrong way, and blown it up out of all proportion.

Well maybe Horizon should explain that post.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!