New Brexit Deal ... Power Sharing To Return to Ireland ?

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • Just as you ignore Hamas's 7,000 rockets - you ignore what Britain did to the Irish.

On your premise, you would think the Great British Empire would voluntarily allow Ireland to become a Republic - no strings attached. A tiny island with a population of under 4 million bullying the GREAT British Empire??? The British were very cruel to the Irish. This is a historical fact, not my opinion.

Have you never heard of the Black n Tans? - Croke Park Massacre? - Field Court Martial executions. - Deliberate intention to starve the Irish and cause as many deaths as possible from the Famine by refusing to help the Irish.

Now Britain can not deal with violent Muslims battering their Police officers.

As I said before home rule would probably have happened by 1916 if WW1 hadn’t happened

It wouldn’t have been a republic ,it would have been something along the lines the Scottish assembly

The loyalist in the North were the ones who tried to prevent it

• As I said before home rule would probably have happened by 1916 if WW1 hadn’t happened

It wouldn’t have been a republic ,it would have been something along the lines the Scottish assembly

Except the Irish fought for their country... the Scottish waffle and piffle.

8|Do not trade me a Rabbit and hand me a Hare. (I know the strain of species in Leporidae).

Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.

• Except the Irish fought for their country... the Scottish waffle and piffle.

The UVF was a powerful military force in those days , because of WW1 they all joined the British army

It was said that they were deliberately thrown in to the worst of the fighting in order to degrade the UVF when peace came

They took 5000 casualties on the first day of the Somme with an attack on the Schwaben Redoubt

I know many Irishmen from the south fought in the trenches too

A short family story , my grandad went over the top on the 1st of July 1916

The 17th Manchesters took their objective that day , so family folklore says my grandad fought with an Irishman from Cork & they became friends

After the war Grandad took his bike on the ferry to Ireland with the intention of cycling down to Cork

I don’t know how far he got but a priest turned him back because the civil war was raging & it was too dangerous

• Its true, you are right, about the conflict of interests. In reality, it made good sense.

8|Do not trade me a Rabbit and hand me a Hare. (I know the strain of species in Leporidae).

Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.

• main-qimg-047170b510262812be699db94f1bf548

• Possible but a recipe for trouble. A united Ireland would have substantial and probably violent unrest from the Protestants in the North. They should do a district by district referendum and any district that voted for unification then gets transferred to Ireland. Whole counties in NI are majority nationalist and leaving them in the UK is no recipe for stability either.

• Possible but a recipe for trouble. A united Ireland would have substantial and probably violent unrest from the Protestants in the North. They should do a district by district referendum and any district that voted for unification then gets transferred to Ireland. Whole counties in NI are majority nationalist and leaving them in the UK is no recipe for stability either.

I think there is the potential for trouble, but I don’t think it’s inevitable

The Republican/nationalist side need to reach out the moderate unionists & persuade them

that their future best interests are best served within the republic

• Ireland has unrest now, caused by mass illegal immigration.

• Now you know what it took to get the Ni politicians to start working together again.

British Army veteran will be charged with murder of man and the attempted murder of six others in Belfast shootings during the Troubles

• The DUP are the ones who have weaponised the border

They haven't at all. The EU breached the GFA during the pandemic, they breached the GFA through the regulatory framework of the EU/NI/GB and they have breached the Union Act of 1800 (the UK government as well) through the Irish Protocol and the Windsor Framework. There is no need for a border in Ireland or separate customs arrangements, its complete bollocks.

• I find it strange that you just don’t see it, Steve.

John Lennon once wrote:

‘Living is easy with eyes closed,

Misunderstanding all you see’…..

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!